Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Sumguy198

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello i am a man thats not bright at all. i was following the instructions and i cant get the forwader to run. to make sure im doing it right i just want to confirm. i start by downloading and extracting the .zip file from the dropbox. when extrcted there should be a winrar archive called forwader3ds.jar, and then after extracting that i make a txt file called run.bat and edit it to have "java -jar Forwader3DS.jar" written inside and then run it to start up the application. except nothing happens when i do that. a black window flashes up on my screen for a second and disappears. am i doing something wrong or is there more to it that i dont know about?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello i am a man thats not bright at all. i was following the instructions and i cant get the forwader to run. to make sure im doing it right i just want to confirm. i start by downloading and extracting the .zip file from the dropbox. when extrcted there should be a winrar archive called forwader3ds.jar, and then after extracting that i make a txt file called run.bat and edit it to have "java -jar Forwader3DS.jar" written inside and then run it to start up the application. except nothing happens when i do that. a black window flashes up on my screen for a second and disappears. am i doing something wrong or is there more to it that i dont know about?
Put "pause" text under the first line in the .bat file, so that the black window doesn't instantly close.

livid_hen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the same issue, tried the command prompt and got "
Error: Could not find or load main class com.olmectron.forwarder.Forwarder3DS
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/application/Application"
look in the op under requirements >> windows/linux/mac. you need Java SE Development Kit 8u281

Sumguy198

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Put "pause" text under the first line in the .bat file, so that the black window doesn't instantly close.
thanks, i did that and now when i start it up i get the following message:
"C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Forwarder3DS-v2.9.6 (1)\Forwarder3DS>java -jar Forwader3DS.jar
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Forwarder3DS-v2.9.6 (1)\Forwarder3DS>pause
Press any key to continue . . ."
i honestly am brand new to homebrew and programming stuff in general so im at a loss for what it wants from me

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, i did that and now when i start it up i get the following message:
"C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Forwarder3DS-v2.9.6 (1)\Forwarder3DS>java -jar Forwader3DS.jar
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Forwarder3DS-v2.9.6 (1)\Forwarder3DS>pause
Press any key to continue . . ."
i honestly am brand new to homebrew and programming stuff in general so im at a loss for what it wants from me
You need to install Java, first of all.
If it's already installed, then idk. Use the 3DS console forwarder method instead.

livid_hen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it installed. I also tried the newer version.
It is not what the OS looks for when executing the "java" command. Which isn't a bad thing. You just need to specify which java executable you want to launch the jar file. If you are on windows, and its in the default install location, go to the directory the Forwarder3DS.jar is in, open a command prompt (type cmd in address bar) and put in this:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_281\bin\java.exe" -jar Forwarder3DS.jar

Last edited by livid_hen,

VMAN08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work here! Quick question. After all setup is done I've successfully put a DS game on my home page. My question is, for additional games in the future, I just need to put my ROMs on my sd card and use the jar to get a cia right? No other steps needed?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work here! Quick question. After all setup is done I've successfully put a DS game on my home page. My question is, for additional games in the future, I just need to put my ROMs on my sd card and use the jar to get a cia right? No other steps needed?
Yes.

Sumguy198

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to install Java, first of all.
If it's already installed, then idk. Use the 3DS console forwarder method instead.
yeah sorry thought i already had it installed, installing it now it says its unable to access jarfile Forwader3DS.jar.
so now what should i just try to use the 3ds console forwader instead or is there a fix for this part too?

livid_hen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah sorry thought i already had it installed, installing it now it says its unable to access jarfile Forwader3DS.jar.
so now what should i just try to use the 3ds console forwader instead or is there a fix for this part too?
Make sure your command prompt / terminal is in the same location as the jar. What you can also do, is find the java.exe of the jdk (its inside of the bin folder) and drag it into the command prompt, hit space, type -jar, then hit space and drag in your Forwarder3DS.jar. This will put the absolute paths into the command prompt, so it knows for sure which files it is trying to use.

ariadne_thread

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get 7th Dragon to work properly. During the game's intro, a bunch of sprites are blacked out or have incorrect palettes, and the game freezes after creating a character. This happens with both the base rom and the English patch. The game runs fine on my DSi with Twilight Menu. Can anyone else test this?
EDIT: I tried it on Twilight Menu on my 3DS with the same results, but turning off "Asynch Card Read" in the game properties fixed it, so I changed the nds-bootstrap.ini to match. I had to make the nds-bootstrap.ini file read-only though, because it kept changing asynch card read back to 1

Last edited by ariadne_thread,

Human724

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not what the OS looks for when executing the "java" command. Which isn't a bad thing. You just need to specify which java executable you want to launch the jar file. If you are on windows, and its in the default install location, go to the directory the Forwarder3DS.jar is in, open a command prompt (type cmd in address bar) and put in this:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_281\bin\java.exe" -jar Forwarder3DS.jar
This worked and is now saved as a bat file in the folder, thank you kindly.

Reactions: RocketRobz

RCGantois

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm playing the patched (translated) version of Fire Emblem Heroes of Light and Shadow. The infos in the banner are correct, but the icon seems like a bunch of random colored dots. How can I fix it? I used this same rom at a flashcard I had and it showed the icon (now I use the rom in the N3DS micro SD, I don't have flashcard anymore).

One more thing, when I start the game I received a advise of no DSi binaries. Where can I find them and where I put them (N3DS micro SD).

Thank you!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing the patched (translated) version of Fire Emblem Heroes of Light and Shadow. The infos in the banner are correct, but the icon seems like a bunch of random colored dots. How can I fix it? I used this same rom at a flashcard I had and it showed the icon (now I use the rom in the N3DS micro SD, I don't have flashcard anymore).

One more thing, when I start the game I received a advise of no DSi binaries. Where can I find them and where I put them (N3DS micro SD).

Thank you!
Download a patch to fix your ROM to work in DSi mode. Doing so will both fix the icon and add the missing DSi binaries to your ROM.
https://github.com/R-YaTian/DSiEnhanced_Translation_Revision/tree/main/FE12

Last edited by RocketRobz,

s1aught3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,
I am having trouble running a specific game on either the NDS Forwarder off of my SD Card or through TWiLight Menu++

The game being Pokemon Conquest. This is a DSi Enhanced game so I figured that was my issue, but my Pokemon Black 2 boots and works just fine.

The issue I have when I start Conquest is that it stays on a blank white screen after the Bootstrap does its ram dump/ loading.

I've tried pressing start/ holding it, pressing any other button but no luck. I can run my Black 2 through NDS Forwarder as well as TWiLight Menu++ so I know that DSi Enhanced games work, I just can't figure out this specific game. The animated icons for the game all work, as well.

Hoping someone can give me some insight into this. I am using a 3DS XL, everything seems to be up to date on the console/ CFW on my end. Thanks in advance!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,
I am having trouble running a specific game on either the NDS Forwarder off of my SD Card or through TWiLight Menu++

The game being Pokemon Conquest. This is a DSi Enhanced game so I figured that was my issue, but my Pokemon Black 2 boots and works just fine.

The issue I have when I start Conquest is that it stays on a blank white screen after the Bootstrap does its ram dump/ loading.

I've tried pressing start/ holding it, pressing any other button but no luck. I can run my Black 2 through NDS Forwarder as well as TWiLight Menu++ so I know that DSi Enhanced games work, I just can't figure out this specific game. The animated icons for the game all work, as well.

Hoping someone can give me some insight into this. I am using a 3DS XL, everything seems to be up to date on the console/ CFW on my end. Thanks in advance!
Have you tried holding R right after the white screens appeared after launching the forwarder?
It's possible the asynch card read feature is causing this issue, so holding R will disable it.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

s1aught3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried holding R right after the white screens appeared after launching the forwarder?
It's possible the asynch card read feature is causing this issue, so holding R will disable it.
I gave it a try and it didn't seem to work. I restarted the game about 3 separate times, 3 different attempts at different points when the screen flashes white but nothing.

Is there maybe another way that I could disable the asynch card read feature? Or do you think that may not be the issue?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave it a try and it didn't seem to work. I restarted the game about 3 separate times, 3 different attempts at different points when the screen flashes white but nothing.

Is there maybe another way that I could disable the asynch card read feature? Or do you think that may not be the issue?
Yeah, it's not the issue then.
Does the same result occur when launched through TWLMenu++ (no button holding there)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna I'd say try them both, and see which work better for your setup, good luck, and have fun!
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i tried just yuzu so far, not even played, just open the game to see if it run
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    By the way, is there any website you recommend to search for some roms?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you are not allowed to discuss them here, against the rules of the site. Sorry. But you can Google Nintendo NSP and there will be a few listed.
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa that was actually very helpful, thank you very much
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Game on!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually looking forward to that new m&ms song Friday
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Water is the Wii Startup Disc of the soul.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I won't listen till they bring back the purple ones
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For every Nintendo question that gets asked I'll post a Taylor swift song in return
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Whatever happened to D12?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Split after their friends death but still friends
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    still waiting on my salsa lmao
    em you lied to us
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remb that song, i just never knew that was what he was talking bout.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    the backwards d looks so weird
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    like :D or D: is nowhere near as odd as ꓷ:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (: is just the text version of 🙃 no matter how much they want me to think it's 🙂
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    emo
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    tional
    What is a Nintendo 3DS?

Like 3 Nintendo DS taped into one?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey @HiradeGirl , how you been. Hope all is well.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    DDDS
    +1
    @BigOnYa Everything's going great. It's just that real life happens.
    +1
    DSDSDS?
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: DSDSDS?