Disgaea DS (Europe) WIN
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (Europe) WIN

de Blob (North America) WIN
Wario Land: Shake It! (North America) WIN
SimCity Creator Wii (North America) WIN
Battle Rage: The Robot Wars (North America) Fingers Crossed
Brothers in Arms: Double Time (North America) Fingers Crossed
Samba de Amigo (North America) WIN

I don't have the money for all these games.
frown.gif

Its pretty bad time for me to try getting off the pirating habit.

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gah, what an overload of games. Sonic Chronicles, Rhapsody, and Kirby! Man, wish college hadn't started up yet, lol. Hope these guys get dumped asap. Ah...

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gotta love that business model where nothing good comes around for months on end, then suddenly they all rush to compete at the same exact time.

If something like Sim City had come out a month or two ago, it would have been unopposed. But now it gets to share shelf space with Sonic Chronicles and Kirby Superstar. Way to sell your game.

mxk1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
mxk1000 said:
sorry if this has been asked before.

But since this is the post i most look forward too reading ,and refer back to many time in a week.
Has there been any though of putting this as a Sticky each week?
That's up to the mods & admins.

QUOTE(Absynthe @ Sep 19 2008, 11:40 AM) On Gamefaqs Disgaea, Rhapsody and all the game that you listed on the 24th of September as scheduled for release on the 23rd instead... Why?
Ok all gamefaqs dates are "shipping dates" meaning that that's the day they ship, but not actually in stores. I usually state a day after just so we don't get loads of "OMG HADRAENS FRED SED 23 SEPT AND ITS 23 SEPT NOW AND NO ROMZZZZZ AND NOT IN STORZ EEVER". So to clarify, I put it a day after as that is usually the day that the games are actually in the shops.

Of course that's only for NA games, Europe games are usually out on or before the day stated.

Well no sticky. but a big whopping section on the front page. nice one..

as always great job Hadrian

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dear Publishers,

would you please be so kind as to slow the heck down?! I'm literally overwhelmed with awesome NDS and Wii releases!
I haven't even had time to check out any of the games that were released in September, and now there's Sonic Chronicles, Kirby, Sim City, Lego Batman, de Blob, Wario Land, Brothers in Arms, Disaster - Day of Crisis (to name but a few) all at the same friggin' time. And Disgaea isn't even out yet.

Where are all the Shovelware whiners now?

Disclaimer:
a) I chose this thread because it seemed the most appropriate for a round-up.
b) I'm not really complaining. As a matter of fact, tears of joy threaten to short my keyboard.
c) I'm well aware that publishers won't read this. I just needed a place to express my happiness.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not complaining either, while its great to get so many potential great games, it seems to me that publishers are dumb fucks by releasing so many at the same time.

It seems really odd that THQ released de Blob, a game that is getting some very good reviews, at a time when Wario Land & LEGO Batman are released at the same time, both of which will get more press and more sales. Its especially weird when you look at what was released in the last few weeks on the Wii and some of the weeks in the future, nothing really worth getting. You'd think that they'd release a game in quieter weeks.

It makes me wonder if they actually want to make and sell these games, like if they don't sell they've got the "well nobody buy these games" excuse so that they don't have to spend proper time and money making higher quality games, and instead carry on with crap that hasn't really had much time spent on it.

Shichibukai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
At the end of every summer they throw lots of games (lots of them sports games Fifa 09 Nba 09 Lol).

The problem is They are in vacation in summer and wait till they go back to work to publish it
grog.gif

(hah yeah right what a thud lol)

And aren't there some of the good games in Jap?
Like Disaster or so
I was gona down-err-buy 7 games or so and Lol 4 of them in Jap

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Waiting for de Blob, Samba de Amigo and Disgaea now.. Why are the US dumpers so slow lately? :/

Hadrian said:
Not complaining either, while its great to get so many potential great games, it seems to me that publishers are dumb fucks by releasing so many at the same time.

It seems really odd that THQ released de Blob, a game that is getting some very good reviews, at a time when Wario Land & LEGO Batman are released at the same time, both of which will get more press and more sales. Its especially weird when you look at what was released in the last few weeks on the Wii and some of the weeks in the future, nothing really worth getting. You'd think that they'd release a game in quieter weeks.

It makes me wonder if they actually want to make and sell these games, like if they don't sell they've got the "well nobody buy these games" excuse so that they don't have to spend proper time and money making higher quality games, and instead carry on with crap that hasn't really had much time spent on it.

That's simply bad planning.. don't know about the other two, but for small developers games like de Blob, this date was probably negotiated months ago.. before they know about Wario Land & LEGO Batman, and pushing the date forward would impact on the cost of the game.

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sichibukai said:
The problem is They are in vacation in summer and wait till they go back to work to publish it
grog.gif
I guess you're on to something here: School's starting and they've been waiting for the kids to come back from vacation. Seems like nobody has told the fools that the average gamer is 30-plus years old these days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg