^^ndstitle-1367^^

Noah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nearly 2 hours in without freezing. I've gone into the menu while jumping, being hit, and running around fruitlessly.
I've rapidly gone back and forth between menu options and between game and menu.
I've spoken to Wind after accepting a quest and not completing it.

Might be a combination of settings and an absence of a DS game.

I believe my settings are:
Safe Mode
Force R/W
Trim Rom

I hope it isn't just me, I can't think of any other difference in my setup.

[EDIT]

Oh, I use an M3 miniSD with a Sandisk 2GB miniSD card.

[EDIT2]

GAH! Looks like I spoke too soon. I froze switching from map on the top screen to status on the top screen. [SELECT]
>_o

Well, thanks anyway for trying and sharing your results.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Although I did freeze that one time, (Has that freeze ever happened to anyone else by the way?) the game is much more stable for me now.

Shame that the presence of a DS game wasn't the problem though. =/

Mataniko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I don't know how relevant this is, i'm using a DS-Link and the game was completely unplayable, couldn't get past Wind, start menus would freeze and it was constant.
I then went to shop mode and configured the wfc settings for the cart and from now on it's more or less playable, it still freezes if i try hard to, but i can get past dialogs and if I'm careful when I pause it works, can anyone verify it and see

Euronymous

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
On 12/10/06, tan romman wrote:
Hi.
about castleevania 0735, SuperCard Rumble Series and SuperCard Lite
will not carsh with high speed flash memory card. And SuperCard MiniSD and
SuperCard SD version, we still have no solution at this moment.

Best Regard.
romman

His email response. Which is bullshit because I have an SC Lite and a sandisk card and it still freezes.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

Best Regard.
romman

His email response. Which is bullshit because I have an SC Lite and a sandisk card and it still freezes.

Maybe he was refering to High Speed cards like the Sandisk Ultra II? But I still wager that the answer is BS....

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
The pre-order timeline lists them as:

Harmony of Dissonance
Circle of the Moon
Portrait of Ruin
Aria of Sorrow
Dawn of Sorrow

Don't skip HoD its still a quality game and the map is very different to others. All the games are great, play them in the order you first posted them imo.

You don't wanna play lush looking Aria of Sorrow, then dark moody Circle of the Moon. Playing AoS is a treat after playing the first 2, and the same can be said when playing DoS after the 3 GBA games. In order of release shows the progression and direction of the series from the devs in both gameplay, design and style.

i started playin Circle Of The Moon and thought 'shit, did they not no the power of the GBA?'
It doesnt seem that good eiter, but ive barly played it so...
i think im guna play Aria, Dawn then Portrait, and maybe go back to Harmony, but Circle just doesnt make me wanna play it at all

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I figured it out. You know how people don't have this problem with the JAP version? I theorized a while ago that it was the English language sounds that were causing the errors. I have tested my theory and I think I may be on to something.

When starting the game from the main menu, hold L and press A. You should hear Johnathan yell something in Japanese. This changes the voice acting to the Japanese instead of the English.

When I have done this I don't get freezes. I might be speaking too soon, but it's worth trying out. It seems like all the crashes have to do with sound effects in the English version. Making the voice sounds from the Jap version might fix the issue.

Well, it still froze on me (going into the pause menu), but it doesn't conistently freeze when speaking to Wind anymore, which is a good thing.

Devil_Spawn

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I figured it out.  You know how people don't have this problem with the JAP version?  I theorized a while ago that it was the English language sounds that were causing the errors.  I have tested my theory and I think I may be on to something.

When starting the game from the main menu, hold L and press A.  You should hear Johnathan yell something in Japanese.  This changes the voice acting to the Japanese instead of the English.

When I have done this I don't get freezes.  I might be speaking too soon, but it's worth trying out.  It seems like all the crashes have to do with sound effects in the English version.  Making the voice sounds from the Jap version might fix the issue.
i go check brb
EDIT: froze

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Hi.

Best Regard.
romman

I've not had a problem on sc lite with 1G sandisk, same card on m3 lite doesn't run tho, but ran ALOT better using safe mode and force rw with fw 30a and gm 30. Play time is over 3 hours. The settings I used are in this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=401...30&#entry520091

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP

Harmony of Dissonance
Circle of the Moon
Portrait of Ruin
Aria of Sorrow
Dawn of Sorrow

Don't skip HoD its still a quality game and the map is very different to others. All the games are great, play them in the order you first posted them imo.

You don't wanna play lush looking Aria of Sorrow, then dark moody Circle of the Moon. Playing AoS is a treat after playing the first 2, and the same can be said when playing DoS after the 3 GBA games. In order of release shows the progression and direction of the series from the devs in both gameplay, design and style.

i started playin Circle Of The Moon and thought 'shit, did they not no the power of the GBA?'
i think im guna play Aria, Dawn then Portrait, and maybe go back to Harmony, but Circle just doesnt make me wanna play it at all

Circle is excellent once you get some good power ups and progress a bit.

mr_blonde_88

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country

Harmony of Dissonance
Circle of the Moon
Portrait of Ruin
Aria of Sorrow
Dawn of Sorrow

ill have to give it a better go, but its not a priority, lol

anyways, stuck on PoR, im in the first picture, down with the minecart, im awsuming i have to be i the cart for it to smach a wall, but i cnt do it, if ur not ment to do this, then im stumped and dont have a clue as to how to complete this level
lol

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
anyways, stuck on PoR, im in the first picture, down with the minecart, im awsuming i have to be i the cart for it to smach a wall, but i cnt do it, if ur not ment to do this, then im stumped and dont have a clue as to how to complete this level
lol

Summon your partner to stay in the cart. hit the lever and quickly switch to the partner in the cart.

Euronymous

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Harmony of Dissonance
Circle of the Moon
Portrait of Ruin
Aria of Sorrow
Dawn of Sorrow

lol

Put the other person in the cart hit the switch and then press X

mr_blonde_88

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country

Harmony of Dissonance
Circle of the Moon
Portrait of Ruin
Aria of Sorrow
Dawn of Sorrow

lol

Put the other person in the cart hit the switch and then press X

tried tht, my person falls out the cart

Squiffy

GBATemp's Little Embarrassment
Trophies
Website
pyon.co.uk
XP
Country
Good lord thats some mega quotage.
You need to jump and with your other character too. You might be able to do that with the touch screen, but its a bit easier swapping with X.

I'm stuck at this point:

When I fight the two sisters together, I get the (presumably) bad ending. What do I need to do in order to progress?

Moneo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Squiffy,
Get the 'sanctuary' spell and use it on the shopkeeper. The spell can be found in the egyptian painting at the bottom of the slope with the rolling boulder, there's a small hole that leads to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.