Status
Not open for further replies.

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
If you don’t chose sunnyvoxels’s work, all the hope for a great design is lost.
I think everyone can see that his work is probably the best we could get (definately is best so far). The font he chose is good, maybe we should go with the 3rd logo (it requires some work, but I like the idea), or 2nd without stereoscopic effect (3D-ness can be shown differently).
I like the UI too, but the corners of the icons need some work. If you want them to be rounded, you should do it manually, not using the radius because it looks ugly (left picture—kinks are terrible), I'd go with something like 3rd or 4th sample.
metro-curves-7-compare.png

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I sorta also have another idea about "Homebr3w" written in the 3DS logo font, but I couldn't find the font.

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I quickly made this, tried to base it off of the 3DS Software boot screen. I wasn't sure of the best way to show off the animation so I just made it into a .gif.
ovktu1R.gif

It's simple since I'm not exactly sure how much detail I could put into it given the 3DS limitations.

I really do like this one.

Reactions: Pingu

sunnyvoxels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don’t chose sunnyvoxels’s work, all the hope for a great design is lost.
I think everyone can see that his work is probably the best we could get (definately is best so far). The font he chose is good, maybe we should go with the 3rd logo (it requires some work, but I like the idea), or 2nd without stereoscopic effect (3D-ness can be shown differently).
I like the UI too, but the corners of the icons need some work. If you want them to be rounded, you should do it manually, not using the radius because it looks ugly (left picture—kinks are terrible), I'd go with something like 3rd or 4th sample.
metro-curves-7-compare.png

Thank you very much! And thanks for the tip on the rounded corners. I'm planning on actually redoing those from scratch pixel-by-pixel in PS. Also the typeface I chose was actually ripped from the Wii system menu. It's the same system-wide typeface on the Wii, Wii U, and 3DS - as well as various logos like the eShop logo. That's why it fits so nicely! (Check out that "e". Oooh.)

And I can definitely go through a few iterations on the logos I did. I totally agree with you. I appreciate your input! :lol:

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mine is very similar to the Wii Homebrew startup screen since I'm unoriginal, but this is a quick pic I made, probably going to make a few others.
View attachment 9701
If this was a gif or an animation the waves on top would move around and thee bubbles would float to the top

I also do like this one. Keep up the good work !

outlaw1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Smealum,

I think we all have pretty high hopes for this!

For a logo on the top screen, should that come in a 3D (for 3DS) and 2D (for 2DS) version? It would also be a lot better if you and your team can come up with a catchy, short name that doesn't look or sound like a trademarked name -- "The 3DS Homebrew Channel" would then be immediately under that (if it detects its running on a 2DS, replace with 2DS?).

One suggestion would be "Prometheus" after the Titan who stole Fire from the Gods (Ninty+Licensees) and gave it to the people. You can then stylize the logo as a two hands held up with the offering of fire; taking a little liberty you can make it a key that is on fire. The key unlocking the 3DS, of course.

hows this logo for you idea its a quick job i done in photoshop
CZ1YaLt.png

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I only liked Katana's image. Not only because there wasn't some weird 3D logo with red and blue which fucks with my eyes all of the time, but I like the font used in that one best. Long story short, I hated everyone's idea because it wasn't cute enough.

I made a logo because I said I would. It is a furry because I said I was making a furry. Smea, meet your new stuffed animal replacement of your closest companion. Why are there no words, no letters, no title? Because I couldn't be bothered to make one and I wouldn't put words there anyways even if I did come up with one. If you REALLY need the letters or something, just assume the eyes are the 3, the white fur is the D, and the bubbles are the brew. If a name is required or something...uh...I'll call it...iunno Tiger Luncher.
ibaajb.png

-edit-
I thought I would show the pilot version doodle that I used because comparing the two is hilarious.
CJEz63X.png

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
I know that it's a logo/UI thread, but I have a somewhat on topic question, Smealum.
Is this going to be English-only? I'd be more than happy to translate your channel into Polish.

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I quickly made this, tried to base it off of the 3DS Software boot screen. I wasn't sure of the best way to show off the animation so I just made it into a .gif.
ovktu1R.gif

It's simple since I'm not exactly sure how much detail I could put into it given the 3DS limitations.

i like this one as well. its to the point yet has a familiar feel to it due to its base

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know that it's a logo/UI thread, but I have a somewhat on topic question, Smealum.
Is this going to be English-only? I'd be more than happy to translate your channel into Polish.
I think that a translation won't be necessary for the first version. In addition to that, he wants to make it open-source. You can make your own translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.