ROM Hack Need help extracting game files from a PS3 rom

Elcarick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I've dealt with Wii, WiiU and 3DS roms before but it's my first time trying to access a ps3 game files so everything is new to me. I want to access the cutscenes and the bgm/sound of the game specifically. Now here's my problem, I'm stuck. I tried 2 different ways but I'm always stuck at the end and I couldn't find anything to help me online either.

If I start with an ISO, I end up with DATA.BIN (which contains almost all the data) in the USRDIR folder, and I can't figure out how to open it.
And if I start with a PKG, I end up with DATA.PSAR after unpacking EBOOT.PBP. I can't figure out how to open that either.

Is it straight up impossible to extract the files or is there still a way I can do it ? Thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've dealt with Wii, WiiU and 3DS roms before but it's my first time trying to access a ps3 game files so everything is new to me. I want to access the cutscenes and the bgm/sound of the game specifically. Now here's my problem, I'm stuck. I tried 2 different ways but I'm always stuck at the end and I couldn't find anything to help me online either.

If I start with an ISO, I end up with DATA.BIN (which contains almost all the data) in the USRDIR folder, and I can't figure out how to open it.
And if I start with a PKG, I end up with DATA.PSAR after unpacking EBOOT.PBP. I can't figure out how to open that either.

Is it straight up impossible to extract the files or is there still a way I can do it ? Thanks.
Eboot.pbp is for psp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users