Homebrew Need help finishing setting up EmuNAND, help?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
You make it sound like it's a bad thing. I agree that people are swarming towards a9lh like there's no tommorow, but for good reason. It's basically become the new 9.2 and will be lIke it till who knows how long. It's the future of 3ds hacking and there are many things that you can do/will be able to do that 9.2+Cfw can't do.
Yeah, it's not a bad thing, maybe I have not expressed myself very well.
Just saying that there are people that has their OTP and still doesn't know for what is it used

Manuel9181

GBAtemp Prosecutor
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You make it sound like it's a bad thing. I agree that people are swarming towards a9lh like there's no tommorow, but for good reason. It's basically become the new 9.2 and will be lIke it till who knows how long. It's the future of 3ds hacking and there are many things that you can do/will be able to do that 9.2+Cfw can't do.
I agree with you when you say that a9lh will be the new standard for the 3ds scene but the problem here is the people that are running to install a9lh without any kind of experince with CFWs.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's not a bad thing, maybe I have not expressed myself very well.
Just saying that there are people that has their OTP and still doesn't know for what is it used
I agree with you when you say that a9lh will be the new standard for the 3ds scene but the problem here is the people that are running to install a9lh without any kind of experince with CFWs.
I agree with both of you. I think that people come on this site and think it's gonna be like 1-2-3 and bam! You have your OTP, a9lh, cfw, emunand and all the cias served to you on a silver platter, without ever needing to study up or learn about what any of it is. Annoys me now because it's like what happened to reading? What happened to Googling for the answers to your questions that have been asked before you make a thread crying about how you need the history of 3ds hacking and all the terminology with definitions that comes along with it.
Well, if this is of any help these are my 2 folders.
https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools

READ the section of the Readme that's titled "setting up rxtools".

Edit: Create emunand first then do this

Last edited by Just Passing By,

Manuel9181

GBAtemp Prosecutor
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, if this is of any help these are my 2 folders.
Make a backup of the content of your SD on your PC
Download the last version of the Gateway package
Extract the launcher.dat from it and place it into the root of your sd
Reboot your 3ds, enter into web browser, and go to www.go.gateway-3ds.com
You'll enter into the gateway's menu
Select format emunand and confirm (every file on your sd will be deleted, so be sure to have backed up everything you need on your pc before proceed)

Last edited by Manuel9181,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I think you need to download the homebrew starter pack from here
and place it on your sd card too.

I see you've downloaded rxtools.
That's a CFW (Custom FreeWare) and that's what you use to boot a "copy" of your console but in a patched environment
(for example, you'll be able to install non-official apps and play games that don't match with your 3ds' region)

Take a look inside the rxtools-83afbb6.zip and see if you've a folder called rxtools. You need to put that folder too on your sd card's root

Midgetgirl05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I think you need to download the homebrew starter pack from here
and place it on your sd card too.

I see you've downloaded rxtools.
That's a CFW (Custom FreeWare) and that's what you use to boot a "copy" of your console but in a patched environment
(for example, you'll be able to install non-official apps and play games that don't match with your 3ds' region)

Take a look inside the rxtools-83afbb6.zip and see if you've a folder called rxtools. You need to put that folder too on your sd card's root

I think I already have the starter pack? I remember vaguely downloading it....

Plailect

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason @Plailect decided to edit the old OTP guide which was extremely easy to follow and now several users are having bricks and others nice things. The installation of Cakes CFW isn't userfriendly at all and the OTP Helper linked into the guide is bugged. Also if you consider that @Midgetgirl05 is at her first experience with the modding's world, you'll agree with me that is better for her to follow an easy (and no risky) guide instead of the a9lh's one.

I feel your judgement is a bit harsh.

The old guide was almost identical to this one, except it used user unfriendly PC scripts instead of a simple tool, and the old one didn't setup a9lhax.

We've finished analyzing the CTR NAND of a bricked user (who used OTP Helper) and the output of them running the same EmuNAND_bricked through the old script.

We've concluded from this that they would have bricked with the old script anyways (only one very minor thing was different, and that's because OTPHelper did it properly and the script didn't), although we still aren't sure what caused it.

Cakes is just as complicated as AuReiNAND would be for setting up updated SysNAND (with it's manual file creation) sans the enabling patches that takes 5 seconds.

As for the bugged version, the link has been updated and it was only having issues because the anti-brick checking routine was overzealous. Everyone who used it is fine.

Last edited by Plailect,

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel your judgement is a bit harsh.

The old guide was almost identical to this one, except it used user unfriendly PC scripts instead of a simple tool, and the old one didn't setup a9lhax.

We've finished analyzing the CTR NAND of a bricked user (who used OTP Helper) and the output of them running the same EmuNAND_bricked through the old script.

We've concluded from this that they would have bricked with the old script anyways (only one very minor thing was different, and that's because OTPHelper did it properly and the script didn't), although we still aren't sure what caused it.

Cakes is just as complicated as AuReiNAND would be for setting up updated SysNAND (with it's manual file creation) sans the enabling patches that takes 5 seconds.

As for the bugged version, the link has been updated and it was only having issues because the anti-brick checking routine was overzealous. Everyone who used it is fine.
IMO, your new guide is still very easy to follow. Although it is a bit long, it is very detailed and tells people exactly what to do; there was no point at which I was confused as to what I should do. A few nights ago I was able to get through parts 2-5 with no problems whatsoever. I appreciate the time and effort you put into it

Plailect

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO, your new guide is still very easy to follow. Although it is a bit long, it is very detailed and tells people exactly what to do; there was no point at which I was confused as to what I should do. A few nights ago I was able to get through parts 2-5 with no problems whatsoever. I appreciate the time and effort you put into it
Thanks

Manuel9181

GBAtemp Prosecutor
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Plailect , sorry if my comment seemed harsh. It wasn't my intention at all to offend you and your hard work (I REALLY appreciated it). Probably my judgement was clouded by the amount signals of issues that I saw in these last days If the outputs of both process are the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, And you too :) +1