Sharky48

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I need some help.

I converted my o3dsXL from rxTools to Luma/bootstrap9 with Autoboot to EmuNAND and this worked fine.
My EmuNAND was updated to 11.6. Then, while playing, the 3DS froze and locked up. Now I can't get it to boot into EmuNAND again.
SysNAND works fine, the SD card works fine in my Windows pc. And the 3ds also detects the SD card.
I think my EmuNAND is corrupt, how can I check or verify this? Or can there be antother problem?
Is there any way to save my savegames? I did install GodMode9.
Any help is appreciated.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you made a backup you can make a new emuNAND and inject it to a new SD card. If you didn't backup your emuNAND or your save games previously they're probably gone (unless your sysNAND and emuNAND were linked).
You can try GodMode9 and see if you can make a backup of the emuNAND and restore it to a new SD card with a new emuNAND partition made but it probably won't help (if it is corrupted).
This is a good reason to use sysNAND only - SD cards are fragile compared to the internal NAND memory.

Sharky48

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you made a backup you can make a new emuNAND and inject it to a new SD card. If you didn't backup your emuNAND or your save games previously they're probably gone (unless your sysNAND and emuNAND were linked).
You can try GodMode9 and see if you can make a backup of the emuNAND and restore it to a new SD card with a new emuNAND partition made but it probably won't help (if it is corrupted).
This is a good reason to use sysNAND only - SD cards are fragile compared to the internal NAND memory.

Thank you for the info.

Sharky48

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I found a .sav file for a game on my sd card in:
sdcard:\Nintendo 3DS\30f-RaNdOmNuMbEr1-88b\da8-RaNdOmNuMbEr2-245\title\00040000\001c4d00\data\00000001.sav
If I copy it over the new save file my game made and start the game, I see the message:
- Checking for file
- Found a damaged/corrupt file, deleting it.
And then the game starts with a new (empty) save file.

Is there a way to inject my old .sav file?

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
I found a .sav file for a game on my sd card in:
sdcard:\Nintendo 3DS\30f-RaNdOmNuMbEr1-88b\da8-RaNdOmNuMbEr2-245\title\00040000\001c4d00\data\00000001.sav
If I copy it over the new save file my game made and start the game, I see the message:
- Checking for file
- Found a damaged/corrupt file, deleting it.
And then the game starts with a new (empty) save file.

Is there a way to inject my old .sav file?

you have to first extract it with JKSM or CHeckpoint into a decrypted form, this can only be done if you're booted into your emunand, the nand beloning to the save.

then you can re-inject it into your game on sysnand

Sharky48

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you have to first extract it with JKSM or CHeckpoint into a decrypted form, this can only be done if you're booted into your emunand, the nand beloning to the save.

then you can re-inject it into your game on sysnand

I can't access my (corrupted) emuNAND any more. Guess it is lost :(
Edit: maybe "3DS Save DeEncrypter3DS" can help me

Last edited by Sharky48,

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Another thing you could try is doing a ctrTransfer on your emunand.
You could use Hourglas9/Decrypt9 to de that.

It will fix all systitles and tickets to default.
If the ctrTransfer has worked,
the only thing you have to do is reinstall all the tickets from the missing games on the clean home menu and you're good to go.
(no need to reinstall the games).
Your saves should be intact.

whatever the status of your emunand is, it is worth giving a try.

Last edited by JordenNixNix,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Sharky48

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Another thing you could try is doing a ctrTransfer on your emunand.
You could use Hourglas9/Decrypt9 to de that.

It will fix all systitles and tickets to default.
If the ctrTransfer has worked,
the only thing you have to do is reinstall all the tickets from the missing games on the clean home menu and you're good to go.
(no need to reinstall the games).
Your saves should be intact.

whatever the status of your emunand is, it is worth giving a try.

No, can't do nothing on emuNAND. Can't acces of backup it :(

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a spare, known-working/not fake SD card that is the same size or larger than the messed up one? For 2nd card, rebuild your EmuNAND by first FAT32 & 32 KB cluster size format. Then put the 2nd card into 3DS. Turn off the 3DS and put the 2nd SD card into your computer. Add in all your missing boot.firm, boot.3dsx, luma folder, boot9strap folder, gm9 stuff, etc. Make sure to have Checkpoint or JKSM installed. [Make sure these files are fresh from zip files, not from the 1st SD card].

Copy your Nintendo 3DS folder over from first 1st SD card onto 2nd SD card. See if Checkpoint can extract game saves then.

Edit - Check when holding (Select) at power up, that your (X) Autoboot emuNAND option is selected in Luma Configuration

Edit #2 - Can you add a single .txt text file onto your 1st SD card? If you cannot, this may mean the card has experienced failure, and it is in read-only mode for safety and recovery of your data.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?