Need help. SD card not working after hwfly install

LCD_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi,

I'm having trouble with my Switch (v2 with Toshiba emmc), I installed Hwfly v4 Core chip from Official Hwfly chip store on aliexpress.
I installed the chip, it didn't work at first, but then got it working after flashing v 0.32.
It booted to NO SD screen, I left it until the green LED was off, then turned off the console, inserted an SD card with HATS files, turned the console back on, but it didn't detect the sd card or its contents.
I was using a Lexar 256GB sd card at first, but then I was told by Sthetix and also by the seller that that brand is not compatible with the chip.
So, I tried with a 128GB Samsung evo select, an Adata, a Kingston, and finally had to buy a Sandisk as the seller told me was the solution (it wasn't).

After telling the seller that the Sandisk SD card is not working, he's telling me that I should try with another Sandisk, until I find the one that works. That doesn't make sense at all.

Have anyone encountered something similar? Should fall into the absurd and keep buying or borrowing sandisk sdcards and fall into the one that works??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can you make sure your sd card reader is properly connected and no damage on the board? Sounds like balony that sandisks wont work. Especially since the official Nintendo cards are Sandisk

LCD_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can you make sure your sd card reader is properly connected and no damage on the board? Sounds like balony that sandisks wont work. Especially since the official Nintendo cards are Sandisk
I already checked for shorts, the module is properly connected. I don't know what else I could check or what to measure.

Also I forgot to mention, that if I boot into OFW with the sd card in, it gets stuck at the nintendo switch logo. It boots without the sd in, but if I insert it afterwards, it freezes and goes into black screen.

The switch was bought last December for my kid as Christmas present, so it's practically new.

LCD_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I already checked it under the microscope, everything looks good.

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Will look tomorrow with a microscope if I find something bend.
I would replace the connector, but i can't find any replacement.

edit: my connector is fine, seems to be another issue.
Sometimes the SD init fails, then it acts like OP has desribed.
But then after few trys it works like normal.

Last edited by swutch,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: