Need help with DOL forwarders.

IamtheSandwicj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- I've been trying to play some genesis games with the gamepad using some of @SaulFabre 's Single Rom Loaders (these).
- Most of the emulators booted to a black screen, and of the ones that didn't (Only PicoDrive if I recall correctly), the gamepad didn't work with them.
- So I figured I would Inject a WAD with the DOL forwarder made using ModMii as he describes in his tutorial, and use that to create a second Teconmoon forwarder with classic controller emulation. But the WAD forwarder still always boots to a black screen, whether or not the emulator works. Am I doing something wrong here?
- I'm honestly just considering giving up at this point and injecting the Wii VC versions of the games I want to play.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
- I've been trying to play some genesis games with the gamepad using some of @SaulFabre 's Single Rom Loaders (these).
- Most of the emulators booted to a black screen, and of the ones that didn't (Only PicoDrive if I recall correctly), the gamepad didn't work with them.
- So I figured I would Inject a WAD with the DOL forwarder made using ModMii as he describes in his tutorial, and use that to create a second Teconmoon forwarder with classic controller emulation. But the WAD forwarder still always boots to a black screen, whether or not the emulator works. Am I doing something wrong here?
- I'm honestly just considering giving up at this point and injecting the Wii VC versions of the games I want to play.
Question: did you install the forwarder WADs/WUPs into the internal NAND and not on USB drives?
Most issues are related to where are the forwarders installed on.

Reactions: IamtheSandwicj

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yes, I did. I also put my USB drive in front which should mean the vWii can't access it, right?
If you run the SRL from vWii you shouldn't get any problems when launching from USB, but if you're launching from Wii U Menu, then it MUST be on the SD card.

Also check if you have the files correctly installed into the SD card or USB drive.

IamtheSandwicj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you run the SRL from vWii you shouldn't get any problems when launching from USB, but if you're launching from Wii U Menu, then it MUST be on the SD card.

Also check if you have the files correctly installed into the SD card or USB drive.
All files are on my SD card. The two forwarders are on my apps folder in the SD card, and the WAD was even installed from the SD card. The WUP forwarder is on nand and every other file (the og srl, the forwarder, and the wad) work up to this point

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...