ROM Hack Translation Need help with Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and bf3.ard

Diran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the textures are separate from the model files and are in the chr/tex/nx/h folder
u could figure out which texture belongs to which model by opening the .wismt file of the model u want in a hex editor and seeing the texture names in there but the BMS script exports the .wismt names in that texture folder incorrectly so :/
Found the textures by viewing the FBX's material's images in blender after exporting from 3DSMax; they share the same exact string of characters but I'm currently figuring out how to extract them. '3'

Slaery214

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the textures are separate from the model files and are in the chr/tex/nx/h folder
u could figure out which texture belongs to which model by opening the .wismt file of the model u want in a hex editor and seeing the texture names in there but the BMS script exports the .wismt names in that texture folder incorrectly so :/
only bt/ch/en folder in chr

Diran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look for PredatorCZ/XenoLib Repo. Maybe it will help you out. I converted the textures to dds with it.
How exactly? '3'
I got a "tex_to_dds.cmd" and there's no result when dragging a .wismt onto it, much less "xenoblade_toolset.exe" doesn't even run at all.

WILDNICK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1660878105186.png

Uhh found this in xenoblade chronicles 3 models

johnwithlenon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you get textures?
You can use "tex_to_dds.cmd" from PredatorCZ/XenoLib Repo. Just drag and drop the .wismt file in "m" folder (or the whole "m" folder to convert all) into it, it will look for the "h" folder and extract textures, that means you need both folder to make it work, and they need to be in /tex/nx/ folder.
But name of the textures are incorrect so I need to find the textures manually :/
xc3.png
P/s: I found a noesis script, you can search for this Github user: Turk645

Reactions: Diran

Xenoblademaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use "tex_to_dds.cmd" from PredatorCZ/XenoLib Repo. Just drag and drop the .wismt file in "m" folder (or the whole "m" folder to convert all) into it, it will look for the "h" folder and extract textures, that means you need both folder to make it work, and they need to be in /tex/nx/ folder.
But name of the textures are incorrect so I need to find the textures manually :/
P/s: I found a noesis script, you can search for this Github user: Turk645
that tool also works with xbde and xb2

doremi137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's my first time working on text dumps, please excuse my ignorance.

I'm trying to run cmake for XenoLib, but I've been getting errors from the makefile in source, specifically that "build_target" is not a valid command. I tried using "add_custom_target" instead, but "set_target_properties" doesn't recognize the new target.

I downloaded the source code from GitHub and I'm using WSL to run the program. Is there a different way for me to use it?

rgraziosi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi. I was searching in Google for a tool to edit bdat files (the text, translation etc). So I found this thread nad registered an account to ask you about something.
You look like someone who has pretty much good understanding of this kind of things. I tried your unpacking script and it worked as it should.
Now tell me, would it be possible for you to make a script that is packing these edited json files back to bdat? That would be extremely helpful for many people (including me, and I but I know some people from Croatia that were interested in translating this game).
I don't have much money but I could donate you in crypto a little. It looks like you're the only person who actually could make it without spending days on figuring out how to make it working. Thanks in advance!
Hi o/
Maybe is to late reply this but I translate XB: DE yesterday and this can help you if still want translate series XB, follow whats i used to:
- bdat-rs (On github -> /RoccoDev/bdat-rs?tab=readme-ov-file) to extract/pack the archives
- Xbtool-BdatEditor (On github -> /Thealexbarney/XbTool/pull/17) to verify files and create few news scripts to make the translation more easilys

If you need a help to create scripts to make your work with translation just ask me o/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.