Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I think you would agree with me if I named the games, but I don't feel like it. The games used the hardware to its fullest extent and produces the best graphics possible for the system. So yeah, I'd reckon to say those games are the best DS games. No one plays Hello Kitty meets Barbie Paradise.
Contact didn't push the hardware, and I happily beat it.

Tetris DS didn't push the hardware and was all sprite-based things, and I've put hours into the various modes.

etc.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Also it could be read as a hint of "I prefer not to share stuff", where on the other hand the decap info was specifically listed as being available to donators, and I don't think these guys are going to go back on their word (what little they say publicly is generally serious).

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Also it could be read as a hint of "I prefer not to share stuff", where on the other hand the decap info was specifically listed as being available to donators, and I don't think these guys are going to go back on their word (what little they say publicly is generally serious).
Given the way Luckill4u posted that line all by itself I don't know how anybody could read it as anything else but "we're not going to share-- f off". But reading the full conversation it almost certainly looks like they plan on sharing the hack. Anyways, yellows8 is a part of team twizzers who have shared pretty much everything they discover, so that looks good for our chances as well.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Nintendo cannot force an update on the user, it's just a notification box - a minor annoyance at best in comparison to all the benefits an exploit would give. I don't see an issue in clicking "No." every now and then as long as I can use "NextGen Homebrew".

Really? The last few updates I had notified me AFTER the update was installed, along the lines of "please reset to complete update"...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Really? The last few updates I had notified me AFTER the update was installed, along the lines of "please reset to complete update"...
I don't have a 3DS myself, but I've never seen that unless automatically updating is on.

Kind of like how Windows can install updates automatically, but not by force, only if the setting is on.

D

Deleted User

well I get a box every time with "the download is complete do you want to install the update?".

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any company that cannot profit in a modern world, with piracy being as trivial as it is, does not deserve to still be doing business, and certainly doesn't deserve "protection" from self-styled ethical hackers.

Reactions: Chaossaturn

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When this hack get's out someone will find a way to play 3ds roms on it, so Neimod trying to prevent this is pointless. Hopefully a nice CFW that is region free and can play roms from the sd card will come from this, that way we won't get any rom cart company's trying to profit from us.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When this hack get's out someone will find a way to play 3ds roms on it, so Neimod trying to prevent this is pointless. Hopefully a nice CFW that is region free and can play roms from the sd card will come from this, that way we won't get any rom cart company's trying to profit from us.
I guarantee you, Datel/Codejunkies will still release something like a cheat device or save manager.
That's just what they do.

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guarantee you, Datel/Codejunkies will still release something like a cheat device or save manager.
That's just what they do.

Yep you're probably right and that's why I think it would be better for Neimod to release the full kernel hack uncensored; because if he releases it and it can only play homebrew the most likely people to reverse engineer it will be the people looking to make money (to begin with) so the rom cart companies, the cheat device guys, etc. However if he releases it uncensored, yes people will play 3ds roms but the rom cart companies won't be making money from it, so really it's a lesser evil just to let it out uncensored.

Reactions: jimmyemunoz

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
so Neimod trying to prevent this is pointless.

I wouldn't say it's pointless. Just because it's inevitable that it'll be cracked doesn't mean he should embrace having a hand in enabling piracy.

If anything, I hope that they find a way to keep piracy at bay for a good while longer. I like buying games and paying the developers for their work, but when the option is there to get the games for free it's difficult to resist.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep you're probably right and that's why I think it would be better for Neimod to release the full kernel hack uncensored; because if he releases it and it can only play homebrew the most likely people to reverse engineer it will be the people looking to make money (to begin with) so the rom cart companies, the cheat device guys, etc. However if he releases it uncensored, yes people will play 3ds roms but the rom cart companies won't be making money from it, so really it's a lesser evil just to let it out uncensored.
Well what will most likely happen, is whatever Neimod et all release will probably get reverse engineered by somebody.
Could be another hacker who DOES want to enable piracy.
Could be someone in Hong Kong who wants to make the first 3DS flashcart.
It ain't gonna be Datel though because god forbid they actually contribute some R&D to the homebrew scene rather than just use whatever other people figure out.

What I'm curious about now is if any potential homebrew launcher that 3dbrew.org release, will be stored on the 3DS SD card and signed to that system, or actually installed onto the 3DS NAND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh