somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I agree with Zarcon on the "there's other things you can run homebrew on" bit. We just need some supported high-spec android devices with some goddamned controls... that don't bog themselves down (and suck battery life) with cell parts/data.

Compared to the PS2, the Gamecube sucked.
Compared to the PS2, the Wii sucks.
Compared to the PS2, the Gameboy Color pisses itself in a nightmare of how it will never be that grand.

Fucking duh the PSP looks bad if you compare it to the glory of the PS2.

VITA ANDROID GO!
This would single-handedly justify the VIta's current price.
/endofftopic

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree with Zarcon on the "there's other things you can run homebrew on" bit. We just need some supported high-spec android devices with some goddamned controls... that don't bog themselves down (and suck battery life) with cell parts/data.
That's a lot of why the 3DS has so much damned appeal in getting exploited now.
It has two screens, full gyroscopic and accelerometer based motion controls, one inner and two outer cameras, an SD slot, a 3D parallax barrier display, a resistive touch screen, multiple buttons, a clamshell design, etc.

This is in contrast to the DS which did not have motion controls without an added accessory, no cameras or SD slot, less processing power as well.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the 3DS gets hacked...

I would like to see some 3D homebrew, like a 2600 emulator where the graphics kind of pop up off the screen. It sounds weird but I bet it would be pretty cool.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap if Vita got a full official android install (with flashable ROMs and hardware acceleration, fuck the PS3's gimped Linux) I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I would drive out to Walmart at 3 AM to get one the moment it happened.

EDIT: Today's late Rydian post is brought to you by the letter Q!

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Compared to the PS2, the Gamecube sucked.
Compared to the PS2, the Wii sucks.
Compared to the PS2, the Gameboy Color pisses itself in a nightmare of how it will never be that grand.

Fucking duh the PSP looks bad if you compare it to the glory of the PS2.

Well PSP was supposed to be on par with PS2 because about the same thing with DS on par with Wii. That is every handheld/home consoles companies wanting their share on money / market.

I'm not talking about numbers on sales...

And then compare the support each company gave to them, and 3rd developers. How DS being hardware-wise weaker than PSP, outsold it? Advertisement, market strategies and lastly, price.

While PSP relied on exclusives. If you're smart enough, then see what joining exclusives with piracy on a relatively new/slow platform , means to you... you'll realize that PSP being a relatively new handheld released by Sony (being the same thing in the handheld gaming world), would rely on exclusives and little 3rd party support...

PSP being even better than DS at hardware levels, was worse advertised and relied on slow proyects what would emerge much less often than any DS proyects would do...

Slow proyects + piracy = 3rd party/main parties lose interest on the hardware platform = dead platform

my 2 cents

sry, english is not my main language

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neimod may be the one figuring out how to do all these things, but that doesn't mean other hackers can't take what he's done and improve on it (if you consider Piracy an improvement anyway…)
At least that's what I think. Not entirely sure how the whole hacking process works anyway.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well PSP was supposed to be on par with PS2 because about the same thing with DS on par with Wii. That is every handheld/home consoles companies wanting their share on money / market.

The DS was never meant to be on pair with the Wii. The 3DS might be close to being on pair with the Wii, but the DS was just slightly superior then the N64.

Slow proyects + piracy = 3rd party/main parties lose interest on the hardware platform = dead platform

I am not even going to argue about piracy. The PSP was never dead, it sold quite well actually. I don't know about its library, I personally prefer innovation over graphics and the DS is more of my taste, but even I must admit the PSP was a good competitor.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dat Signature. It's like an unspoken rule that your posts cannot be a sixth of the size of your signature.
Not really on topic but I'm sure he spoilered that text to try and save space, just to have an opposite effect.

Dual booting android on the 3DS? I wouldn't count on it, android devices operate on the assumption of not developing optimally or to the same standards, so cross platform or open source is easier, or so that multi-tasking is a possibility.
The 3DS doesn't have nearly the processing power that an android device requires. When a 3DS runs a game, it runs as little else as possible.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Dat Signature. It's like an unspoken rule that your posts cannot be a sixth of the size of your signature.
Shhhh don't speak of it!!!! But then again isnt staying on topic written in the rules?

Not really on topic but I'm sure he spoilered that text to try and save space, just to have an opposite effect.

Dual booting android on the 3DS? I wouldn't count on it, android devices operate on the assumption of not developing optimally or to the same standards, so cross platform or open source is easier, or so that multi-tasking is a possibility.
The 3DS doesn't have nearly the processing power that an android device requires. When a 3DS runs a game, it runs as little else as possible.
Android was built for arm based cpu's though but if the SoC does get decapped the "possibilities could be endless.

Reactions: Zetta_x

tysonrss

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm not talking about numbers on sales...

And then compare the support each company gave to them, and 3rd developers. How DS being hardware-wise weaker than PSP, outsold it? Advertisement, market strategies and lastly, price.

While PSP relied on exclusives. If you're smart enough, then see what joining exclusives with piracy on a relatively new/slow platform , means to you... you'll realize that PSP being a relatively new handheld released by Sony (being the same thing in the handheld gaming world), would rely on exclusives and little 3rd party support...

PSP being even better than DS at hardware levels, was worse advertised and relied on slow proyects what would emerge much less often than any DS proyects would do...

my 2 cents

sry, english is not my main language
What the fuck is this fuckery you are spouting?

Piracy did kill the PSP in my opinion, I used to be a proud PSP pirate 2008-2012. That's beside th point.

To say the PSP was on par with PS2 and DS was with Wii is like saying apples are on par with shit and oranges are on par with tape worms.

Furthermore, I don't see many third party games for teh DS, and if there are, they aren't good. Still amazes me how the DS has so many sells, I have one and I can say that about 20-25 games on DS are good the rest are shit.

The only reasons why the DS and 3DS have been succeeding is because they're cheaper and new/was new at the time and someone wanted something new for less. Its sad actually to see the PSP and Vita get totalled...they're good systems. Perhaps being too good is what killed/is killing the sales.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
What the fuck is this fuckery you are spouting?

Piracy did kill the PSP in my opinion, I used to be a proud PSP pirate 2008-2012. That's beside th point.

To say the PSP was on par with PS2 and DS was with Wii is like saying apples are on par with shit and oranges are on par with tape worms.

Furthermore, I don't see many third party games for teh DS, and if there are, they aren't good. Still amazes me how the DS has so many sells, I have one and I can say that about 20-25 games on DS are good the rest are shit.

The only reasons why the DS and 3DS have been succeeding is because they're cheaper and new/was new at the time and someone wanted something new for less. Its sad actually to see the PSP and Vita get totalled...they're good systems. Perhaps being too good is what killed/is killing the sales.

IMO DS and 3DS had better sales due to smarter marketing. This is where the PSP failed. PSP/PS2/Ps3/DS/3DS/Wii all had pirating and homebrew. Why? Because the devices are popular. The more popular the device causes hackers to pay more attention to that specific device. One exploits are made homebrew/pirating/emulators/ect become "new" features for this device which are usually 100% free. Exploits make Consoles and handheld more popular. If that is so what else makes devices more popular? I know! Innovations (Example: 2 screens, touch screens, motion controls, ect), good games (AAA games like Mass Effect, CoD, Halo, Uncharted, Little big plant and the list goes on.), and non aging hardware for example look at how the Xbox 360 Developed through the years from release date to today. In my opinion the PSP was supposed to die when it did and the Vita will die soon too until better games roll out or the damn device gets hacked and when it does im buying a Vita.

tysonrss

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'Cause everybody knows that the games you like are the only good games, and it's not like people have differing opinions, right?
I think you would agree with me if I named the games, but I don't feel like it. The games used the hardware to its fullest extent and produces the best graphics possible for the system. So yeah, I'd reckon to say those games are the best DS games. No one plays Hello Kitty meets Barbie Paradise.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3ds stay unhacked = moar good games

3ds hacked = psp wanabee (dead and almost no support or poor support)

So til 2015-2016 plz 3DS remain unhacked
Yes, take the advice of the man who can't spell wannabe and delete all of your work this instant, neimod. This guy's clearly an expert on the ethics of console hacking.

Reactions: yuyuyup
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo