XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@wiipower... u figure RC6 will be the final r8? Or are you working on RC7 (or waiting for more potential RC6 bug reports)?

great work man, u are constantly doing the "impossible"
biggrin.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xflak40 said:
@wiipower... u figure RC6 will be the final r8? Or are you working on RC7 (or waiting for more potential RC6 bug reports)?

great work man, u are constantly doing the "impossible"
biggrin.gif

No i'm constantly doing very easy stuff others consider "impossible". I don't deserve the credit for alt .dol disc+, i wrote the code, but the info how to boot the Sam & Max episodes wasn't found by me.

The final version will force a config reset so that all noobs will have looking for patches and alt .dol disc+ only enabled. If they read the instructions(...), that would reduce the amount of stupid questions. If there aren't any reported bugs, R8 final will be released Saturday with only this change, and maybe cahnges in the .txt or .wdm files.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any chance of adding support for usb dvd-rom???? you have all other formats included already
just wondering not trying to beg just asking.....

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WiiPower said:
No i'm constantly doing very easy stuff others consider "impossible". I don't deserve the credit for alt .dol disc+, i wrote the code, but the info how to boot the Sam & Max episodes wasn't found by me.

The final version will force a config reset so that all noobs will have looking for patches and alt .dol disc+ only enabled. If they read the instructions(...), that would reduce the amount of stupid questions. If there aren't any reported bugs, R8 final will be released Saturday with only this change, and maybe cahnges in the .txt or .wdm files.
great, i'm looking forward to it!

btw, u are too modest! U have to take SOME credit
wink.gif
... out of curiosity, who figured out how to boot the Sam & Max episodes? Not a big deal if this person wishes to remain anonymous

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's a text file to define disc's dols name, and entry point (for sam & max to select where to look inside the dol), to create an easy dol menu selection.
Instead of manual alternative dol selection, you will have a menu with user friendly names.

Edit : Maybe I didn't use the good term while using "entry point".
Entry points are more memory related.
I wanted to say it's a way to define the place where to look inside the dol to determine which chapter to boot.

Or do I misunderstood it completely ? it's maybe an argument passed as Argv ?

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Vsin said:
WiiPower said:
Vsin i don't follow your problem at all. Set NeoGamma to use use alt .dol disc+, put the .wdm file in the NeoGamma folder on sd card and it will prompt you to select which episode to play.

Where EXACTLY do you get WHAT problem?

The final problem dealing with, was that on Season 2 of Sam & Max (fixed now). The fix for Neogamma appears to be having a game save file on my system for the game. I did have problems with it on CFG but with 56b2 update, it finally worked with CFG. After saving my game, trying the game again on Neogamma 8 RC5, it loaded. Before when it didn't load (at this stage of the problem), I could use Disc+ to bring up the episode selections. The problem was that after selecting one, a white message on a black screen said "starting game....." and stayed frozen there.

The final problem I had dealing with on Season 1 of the game was that I needed to rename the r3x.wdm file to rc3x.wdm for some reason. CFG also loaded it but the file required the name to be just r3x.wdm

All is working now through alt dol/disc+ with HDD loading. I'm not worried about the issues with playing them from disc as I don't care to use discs to play my games and only season 2 on disc has given me problems.

Sorry i still can't follow you. You had to rename the file to get Sam & Max Season 2 to work, ok, that's what i would have thought. But it only started working in NeoGamma after you saved the game in configurable usb loader? And the rc3x doesn't make sense at all, and was it before or after saving the game?

I tried using Neogamma to load Season 2, one last time, after I got it to work using CFG Loader (and then saved my progress in the game). This time it did load properly, didn't even get a "starting game..." message. The only difference that time was that there was now a game save file on the nand of my system. The testing with Neogamma was done on Neogamma 8 RC5.

gothchristian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to use ocarina on Monster hunter 3? i can only play it with mood chip rv 102 couse its the only back up launcher that support new cios bug fix 55 and it dosnt support occarina.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gothchristian said:
I did as u say but mh3 does a bussing sound hen i hit start couse its not using cios bug fix 55. What do i do?
Install cios rev 19 with ios37 as base. Thanks to wiipower for that fix.

On my sd card I have dumped cios rev19 as 249(57) & 250(38) (and 249(37) & 250(37)) so I can swap them over using wadmanager when I need different ios combos for games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :ph34r: