icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cheez203 said:
Does anyone have a WAD file for Neogamma R8 RC5?

I have a channel wad of it.
It's untested at the moment though and i will not be able to test it until later tonight.
After i test it i will post the link for it.

If you want the untested link now just PM me but I'm not responsible if it causes a banner brick.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
M[u said:
ddy]
I can't run some original Gamecube discs. I tried original MIOS, Waninkokos and WiiGators cMIOS with RC3*-RC5.

WiiGator's cMIOS should have problems with that, the original and Waninkoko's cMIOS should play retail GC games fine. Did these games work with any NeoGamma version? Or Gamma, or Gecko OS?

QUOTE(KiiWii @ Mar 14 2010, 08:52 PM) Does monster hunter tri work from neogamma? I have RC5 cIOS57r19 and cant seem to get it working via any method or loader posted on this site.

I also tried wiiflow loading ios 223 or 222 from xzxeros soft mod guide (hermes v4 im guessing).

very rare i cant get a game loading
frown.gif

[...]

You need a cIOS37 for that game.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A RC5 channel would have been enough. We all want one stable working NeoGamma, so please test RC5 for bugs and if you find some, please tell me.

I would like to get confirmation of the following:
If Brawl+ works fully now, which means it is able to load its stuff from sd card(not sdhc!)
If the rebooter region free patches work
If sd loading works at all
If sd loading still works if storage access is set to sd card using IOS61(with IOS61 installed of course) and one of the following is enabled and works:
Alt .dol from storage
Alt .dol from disc+
Patches
Ocarina
this should be the ultimate test if the sd card code in NeoGamma works as it should.

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Using the new Neo Gamma RC5, I can use Alt Dol on Sam & Max Season 1 to select the different episodes from the HDD. But when I do, it just get's stuck on a screen saying it's starting the game. Someone on this thread here, http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-games/19745-sa...c-backup-2.html, says that if you rename a .wdm it works from the HDD on Neogamma. I am unsure of what .wdm is or how to do that but maybe this is helpful to someone here.

Is the only way to play these 2 games of Sam & Max is to play them from disc? I mainly use CFG Loader.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Vsin said:
Using the new Neo Gamma RC5, I can use Alt Dol on Sam & Max Season 1 to select the different episodes from the HDD. But when I do, it just get's stuck on a screen saying it's starting the game. Someone on this thread here, http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-games/19745-sa...c-backup-2.html, says that if you rename a .wdm it works from the HDD on Neogamma. I am unsure of what .wdm is or how to do that but maybe this is helpful to someone here.

Is the only way to play these 2 games of Sam & Max is to play them from disc? I mainly use CFG Loader.
In Cfg, follow the instructions here (the zip referred to is the RC5 release in the first post of this thread):
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=2663188

I'm not sure why the NeoGamma method isn't working for you. If it is asking you which episode to launch, then the .wdm is installed correctly.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
This was in the usbloader gx thread, but it looks like some1 has made wdm files for Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings and for Sam and Max Season 2 (in addition to Metroid Prime Trilogy and Sam and Max Season 1). See spoiler below for wdm content.

cocomonk22 said:
Is wdm file support going to be added (WDM are currently supported in NeoGamma and CFG loader)? WDM files are used for IOS reloading games with multiple alternate dol files. For instance, if you were to select Sam and Max season 1, a menu would pop up with the following options:

Main Menu
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Tutorial

Games with multiple alternate dol include Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Sam and Max Season 1, Sam and Max Season 2.

RJ8.wdm - Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
Code:
Staff of Kings
main
Fate of Atlantis
FateAtlantis
R3M.wdm - Metroid Prime Trilogy
Code:
Main Menu
main
Metroid Prime 1
rs5m?1_?
Metroid Prime 2
rs5m?2_?
Metroid Prime 3
rs5m?3_?
R3X.wdm - Sam and Max Season 1
Code:
#Number of menu items
#Number of sub entries
#Text to display
Main Menu
#Dolname
main
#Parameter
#Number of sub entries
Episode 1
main
Episode 2
main
0x21
Episode 3
main
Episode 4
main
Episode 5
main
Episode 6
main
Tutorial
main
R3Y.wdm - Sam and Max Season 2
Code:
#Number of menu items
#Number of sub entries
#Text to display
Main Menu
#Dolname
main
#Parameter
#Number of sub entries
Episode 1
main
Episode 2
main
0x21
Episode 3
main
Episode 4
main
Episode 5
main
Tutorial
main

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Vsin said:

In Cfg, follow the instructions here (the zip referred to is the RC5 release in the first post of this thread):
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=2663188

I'm not sure why the NeoGamma method isn't working for you. If it is asking you which episode to launch, then the .wdm is installed correctly.

I posted this in the USB Config thread by mistake, I meant to post this here in this thread. I left it in case something in it may help another person.

Thank you for the help with this, I now have Season 1 working from the HDD. It can now play from USB Config and Neogamma RC5. I didn't edit the config file since I was able to get it to load with the .wdm files from Neogamma. Season 2 still will not load. Any suggestions for that one?

An extra note, to get Neogamma to finally load this (getting around the problem I mention earlier that seemed odd), I had to rename the R3M.wdm and R3X.wdm files. After the "R" in each of those, I had to add a "C", making them RC3M.wdm and RC3X.wdm. These RC titled files wouldn't work in UB Config but the originals without the "C" did work.

*EDIT*

I just noticed that someone has posted on page 631 of the USB config thread (and above in this thread) some wdm file text for Season 2. I am guessing those will get USB Config to load the episodes. For Neogamma, I am guessing you probably have to add the "C" in those too.

Just tried this with Season 2, using the wdm text xflak40 posted. On Neogamma, this time I had to put R3Y.WDM to even show a list. Both USB Config and Neogamma hang after I select to play the episode from the Disc+ selection. USB Config hangs on a solid black screen and Neogamma hangs on the "starting game..." screen. Could this have to do with the fact I didn't have a saved game for part 2? Also I just copied the text to a notepad and then renamed .txt to .wdm if that is has something to do with this. Last when I tried this game on Neogamma, I didn't have a save game. Today I did because the last thing I did last night was play it off a disc and saved the game when done. This morning I did rename those files for Neogamma but I also had a save game too.

After typing the paragraph above in this post, I saw Cyan mention both files are the same. Maybe this is the reason for my problem?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Season 1 and season 2 share exactly the same .wdm file content.
Both games work the same way, just the GameID is different (and that there's only 5 chapters in season2)

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
Season 1 and season 2 share exactly the same .wdm file content.
Both games work the same way, just the GameID is different (and that there's only 5 chapters in season2)

I still get the same problem with as I mentioned before when using the Season 1 wdm file and renaming it.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Vsin i don't follow your problem at all. Set NeoGamma to use use alt .dol disc+, put the .wdm file in the NeoGamma folder on sd card and it will prompt you to select which episode to play.

Where EXACTLY do you get WHAT problem?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
KiiWii said:
Thank you WiiPower, MH tri now works!

Using your guide http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=212497 I thought It might be possible to load it via 223 through WiiFlow, but it doesnt.

Anyways: thanks again!

???

I told here and there that Monster Hunter Tri requires a cIOS that is based off IOS37, but i didn't post in that thread. On WiiFlow it should work, if your IOS223 is whatever merged with IOS37.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
New RC tomorrow, Dr. Clipper found a bug in the .wdm parsing code which causes the last parameter to be ignored if there isn't a newline at the end of the file. The fixed code will not require a newline at the end of the file.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiPower said:
KiiWii said:
Thank you WiiPower, MH tri now works!

Using your guide http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=212497 I thought It might be possible to load it via 223 through WiiFlow, but it doesnt.

Anyways: thanks again!

???

I told here and there that Monster Hunter Tri requires a cIOS that is based off IOS37, but i didn't post in that thread. On WiiFlow it should work, if your IOS223 is whatever merged with IOS37.

sorry i meant:

I used ciosx rev19 installer to install 249 and 250 as 37, tried loading the game via neogamma (dvd and usb) and it worked perfectly.

and on a separate note:

I used that guide you wrote for noobs, and installed cios57 rev 19 as 249, cios38 rev19 as 250 and 223 as 37 v5, but loading up wiiflow and selecting 223 to run MHT doesnt work.

The usb drive powers off and the wii freezes.

surely that combo should work? or am i being dense and MHT can ONLY be run on 249 with a base of ios 37?

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Vsin i don't follow your problem at all. Set NeoGamma to use use alt .dol disc+, put the .wdm file in the NeoGamma folder on sd card and it will prompt you to select which episode to play.

Where EXACTLY do you get WHAT problem?

The final problem dealing with, was that on Season 2 of Sam & Max (fixed now). The fix for Neogamma appears to be having a game save file on my system for the game. I did have problems with it on CFG but with 56b2 update, it finally worked with CFG. After saving my game, trying the game again on Neogamma 8 RC5, it loaded. Before when it didn't load (at this stage of the problem), I could use Disc+ to bring up the episode selections. The problem was that after selecting one, a white message on a black screen said "starting game....." and stayed frozen there.

The final problem I had dealing with on Season 1 of the game was that I needed to rename the r3x.wdm file to rc3x.wdm for some reason. CFG also loaded it but the file required the name to be just r3x.wdm

All is working now through alt dol/disc+ with HDD loading. I'm not worried about the issues with playing them from disc as I don't care to use discs to play my games and only season 2 on disc has given me problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I talked my Cable guy into giving me a upgraded router when I switch cable, is nice, works farthdr than old one, and streams 4k fine
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken that one I linked is like 170 bucks or something that's pretty cheap for the speeds and what coverage it has to be honest lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like wifi7 will be standard by 2025
    Looks Like Darth Vaders shuttle lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    1Gbps will probably be around $50 by 25 also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I hope, I'm paying that for 500mb now
    I would be paying 40 for 1Gbps but now it's free lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My last ips guy told me college is already testing 20Gbps
    I can get 3Gbps here right now but it's like LOL 300 a month or something
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $30 for 300Mbps is fine for me
    Free 1Gbps is good enough for me :P lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most universities, school are fiber optic tho, not many residential areas have fiber optic yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember me and friends would pirate movies at local libraries
    I am super blessed 2 fiber runs to my house with competing companies lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lucky, I can't get yet in my hood
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got one friend that can't get fiber four houses down because of city lines
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Would be like $400 for them to install it
    Technically for a month there I had Frontier FIOS 500Mbps and Spectrum 1Gbps (they got me on Spectrum because it was a little cheaper for double the speed)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speedcum
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I mean what would you really need that fast for tho, 500mb streams 4k fine. 1gb should be fine for 8k eventually. That's what I just switched to Spermrum.
    I was funny to have both networks running lol
    It was cheaper lol
    The only reason I switched was $$$
    Might have only been like 7 bucks but thats like 84 dollars at the end of the year lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Might have only been like 7 bucks but thats like 84 dollars at the end of the year lol