Homebrew NeoGeo CD

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, but no. As I already said, I'm done with this emulator.

We can only hope there's a retroarch fba neocd release one day.
I've already tried but there are issues and no audio tracks.

momodora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
But really the only difference between the Retroarch emulator for NeoGeo AES/MVS and the Neo Geo CD is some of the soundtracks. I don't think there are any CD exclusive games and the games themselves are identical.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was referring to the core https://github.com/libretro/FBNeo that had neogeo cd support recently. It's not available for the Wii, the dol would be much too large. I tried to modify it and just keep the cd portion. But still no luck... No audio track playing. Not sure why...

To be fair, there's at least Samurai Shodown rpg as an exclusive neogeo cd game. And in fact, there are also a few differences in some games. Less frame animation, smaller sprites etc. This french page show these differences : https://www.neogeocdworld.info/html/jeux/jeux/differences.htm

Deleted member 429758

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I installed in my homebrewed vWii the NeoCD-Wii app in my Wii U. My main problem is when I load the app I can't navigate because my Wii Remote plus (motion plus inside) doesn't turn on, and if it does it doesn't work anyway. I just read that there are some apps that don't support the Wii Remote plus, just the Wiimote (the first version), but that's is rare because the latest version was released in 2018. But I didn't find any thread in whole internet talking about this, maybe they all have the Wiimote, but specifically in NeoCD-Wii I can't even turn off by holding the power button, I must to disconnect the power cable to turn off the console.
Help!!

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I installed in my homebrewed vWii the NeoCD-Wii app in my Wii U. My main problem is when I load the app I can't navigate because my Wii Remote plus (motion plus inside) doesn't turn on, and if it does it doesn't work anyway. I just read that there are some apps that don't support the Wii Remote plus, just the Wiimote (the first version), but that's is rare because the latest version was released in 2018.
Having support or not for Wiimote+ is not related to the year the last version was made. Also, there is no 2018 version, last one is from 2011.

3rd party controllers and newer Wiimotes support is tied to updated libraries. I already tried to recompile and got stuck, so if you want to use Wiimote+, you might need to get your hands greasy with the code.

But I didn't find any thread in whole internet talking about this, maybe they all have the Wiimote, but specifically in NeoCD-Wii I can't even turn off by holding the power button, I must to disconnect the power cable to turn off the console.
Help!!
That is not needed at all. The console can be turned off without unplugging the power brick. :teach:

Last edited by niuus,

Deleted member 429758

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Having support or not for Wiimote+ is not related to the year the last version was made. Also, there is no 2018 version, last one is from 2011.

3rd party controllers and newer Wiimotes support is tied to updated libraries. I already tried to recompile and got stuck, so if you want to use Wiimote+, you might need to get your hands greasy with the code.

That is not needed at all. The console can be turned off without unplugging the power brick. :teach:

Thanks for your reply, I think I may get the normal Wiimote. Unfortunately that was the only way I could power off the console.
Thank you so much for your support.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks for your reply, I think I may get the normal Wiimote. Unfortunately that was the only way I could power off the console.
Thank you so much for your support.
Hopefully it may be updated someday in the future. In the meanwhile, this release is the best we have, which at least works great.

RatoPuto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a very good version of the neo geo cd emulator for the wii (NeoCD Redux unofficial) on gamecue forever forum, but unfortunately it does not have support for the classic controler.

Deleted member 429758

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hopefully it may be updated someday in the future. In the meanwhile, this release is the best we have, which at least works great.

Ok, just one more question (it can be a bit silly): Is more difficult to adapt this neo geo cd emulator to Wii U? Because I didn't find it, or maybe some of you think that doesn't worth to work in a wii u version.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
There is a very good version of the neo geo cd emulator for the wii (NeoCD Redux unofficial) on gamecue forever forum, but unfortunately it does not have support for the classic controler.
While only 2 years newer, Redux is no replacement to this, since it has a show-stopping bug that does not allow the emulator to find the SD and load games, whatever you do. It also lacks some emulator options the Wiimpathy's version has. I tried to do a fusion of the two and maybe getting the needed Wii U Pro Controller support, but as i mentioned, i got stuck on compilation and never got around it.

Ok, just one more question (it can be a bit silly): Is more difficult to adapt this neo geo cd emulator to Wii U? Because I didn't find it, or maybe some of you think that doesn't worth to work in a wii u version.
Not worth it, it wouldn't gain anything new per se. Also, not a single emulator has been "adapted" to Wii U code, that alone speaks for itself. Almost everyone uses Retroarch these days. I prefer standalone emulators, though.

Even in the case of needing more power, there already exists a method to use an 'overclocked' vWi for homebrew.

Last edited by niuus,

RatoPuto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While only 2 years newer, Redux is no replacement to this, since it has a show-stopping bug that does not allow the emulator to find the SD and load games, whatever you do. It also lacks some emulator options the Wiimpathy's version has. I tried to do a fusion of the two and maybe getting the needed Wii U Pro Controller support, but as i mentioned, i got stuck on compilation and never got around it.

Not worth it, it wouldn't gain anything new per se. Also, not a single emulator has been "adapted" to Wii U code, that alone speaks for itself. Almost everyone uses Retroarch these days. I prefer standalone emulators, though.

Even in the case of needing more power, there already exists a method to use an 'overclocked' vWi for homebrew.
Even so, we appreciate the attempt to improve the emulator.

Is there a possibility to improve at least one bug that exists in mp3 ?, when, for example, the songs in a fighting game end, they just don't come back

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: its like $80 bro lmao