NesDS EX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet. Double Dragon 2 seems to function without a hitch now. Unfortunately Lolo 2 and Wizards and Warriors still unplayable, but just seeing activity again on this emu is exciting. I look forward to a DSi mode build compiled using the latest libraries, as I notice this does not boot through the Sudoku exploit yet.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@Twiztidsinz: I finally found out a place where I could swap the buttons (since I gave up looking for a way to toggle it). Either way, it now has the B+A button setup as default =D...and maybe I should try looking at the other stuff (the default size is something I hope I can figure out...but it is probably way beyond my nub abilities...)
-BLARGH...this one is a borked file, scroll down to my other post for one that is less screwed up-

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
@Twiztidsinz: I finally found out a place where I could swap the buttons (since I gave up looking for a way to toggle it). Either way, it now has the B+A button setup as default =D...and maybe I should try looking at the other stuff (the default size is something I hope I can figure out...but it is probably way beyond my nub abilities...)
http://www.mediafire.com/?gcc6940ks3pwvkb
Could you tell me where please
biggrin.gif

So that I could do it myself next time there is an update.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Could you tell me where please
biggrin.gif

So that I could do it myself next time there is an update.
I changed the actual defaults =D. They are in the io.s (really easy to find, there is like #KEY_B, a line, #AUTOFIRE, #KEY_A, etc.)...I found it a while ago, but I kept mixing up the buttons xD. After you change them to the correct buttons (b rj0 is the first key configuration b rj1 is the second), just change the subscreen.c to match the keys (right after the "if(flags&B_A_SWAP) {" spot).

kbhead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... Anyone else having trouble getting this to work on a CycloDS? i'm running firmware vB.5 with an 8 gig SDHC card, and nesDS_EX_ORG.nds in sd:/NES. When i run it it shows the version choosing intro and then on the bottom screen is just a single white line with "nesDS EX Edition" in the upper right. Any help?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is the last change I plan on making for today =D. The only real thing that has been changed is that I added more shortcuts (my noobishness limits me in figuring out how to change the default stuff at the moment)....this was mostly because I hated the stupid resizing screen...the touchscreen way is like crap on my DS...
[Select]+[D-pad]
Shortcuts to the screen resizing (they are the same as the arrows on the actual screen, so left shrinks the height, right increases the height, up shifts the screen up, down shifts the screen down...oh and btw, it doesn't change the resize even if you swap ROMs =D...though it returns to default when you softreset or power cycle).

Normal:
http://www.mediafire.com/?31337rraggab8pw

Button swapped (A+B instead of B+Y as default)
http://www.mediafire.com/?6ebb9p9d3nqf77p

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vigilante said:
W8 so is this some kind of entry for the homebrew bounty/

I don't really know, huminghao and minitroopa never gave any contact info, and they sure aren't on the temp. If someone hadn't posted here that NESDSEX was released nobody would even know about it unless they checked the sourceforge page.

Earthbound zero (and many others) ARE crackly in EX mode, but run FAR better than nester ever did. though iirc with a save from another emu you could play eb0 in nesds classic/org without crackly sound. So if it bothers ya that much, boot up EB0 in EX mode, make a SS after the name entry and once the game starts, then turn off your DS, boot up the same emu, and hold A as you boot it to put it into ORG mode. Load EB0, load state, there ya go!

Thanks very much for the edits JurrassicPlayer. Now if I read correctly just about everything has been implemented except for setting default frameskip at the lowest setting (2). I haven't got a chance to try out the new revs yet so maybe you did already. If you didn't though, it would be a good idea for the next person to edit this to change the default frameskip (it just runs nicer and it doesn't cause any more slowdown).

pozda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I previously had problems with this games

Toki (U) or JUJU Densetsu (J) works ok now (i played half game already)
Little Ninja Brothers (U) works ok for now

Kyatto Ninden Teyandee(J) (Samurai Pizza Cats) - this game crashes at starting at ex mode, at org mode it starts, sprites are okay, but background is invisible, its blue on start screen, and stages and some parts like parts of first boss and boulders that can be crushed with other character are completely black, map is also black with few visible spots

is there anything i can do to make this one work somehow, or should i abandon all hopes!

It was first cart game on my famiclon almost 20 years ago! XD

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Romance of the Three Kingdoms (U) (1, not 2), Fire Emblem Gaiden (J, Translated into English), and Earthbound Zero (Demiforce), all of which have major difficulties or setbacks on NESDS work in EX mode
yaynds.gif
. That said, they all exhibit a loud crackling noise similar to the DSTWO GBA emulator does when the frameskip is changed from "auto" to "manual".

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pozda said:

Kyatto Ninden Teyandee(J) (Samurai Pizza Cats) - this game crashes at starting at ex mode, at org mode it starts, sprites are okay, but background is invisible, its blue on start screen, and stages and some parts like parts of first boss and boulders that can be crushed with other character are completely black, map is also black with few visible spots

is there anything i can do to make this one work somehow, or should i abandon all hopes!

One thing I've been thinking - Nearly every nesdsex ROM that I've tested that crashes the emu either had a really long name or a translation patch.

But this is not the case for kyatto
smile.gif

Use Kyatto Ninden Teyandee (J) [T+Eng.10_Vertigo] it runs well.

But I believe that some games are crashing in EX because of the long filenames or translation patches (though Cat Ninden Teyendee works in the exact opposite way
tongue.gif
).

How about some of us try some known crashing games with rediculously short filenames? Ex: Mike Tyson's punch-out!(U).nes to mike.nes

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
pozda said:

One thing I've been thinking - Nearly every nesdsex ROM that I've tested that crashes the emu either had a really long name or a translation patch.

smile.gif

But I believe that some games are crashing in EX because of the long filenames or translation patches (though Cat Ninden Teyendee works in the exact opposite way
tongue.gif
).

How about some of us try some known crashing games with rediculously short filenames? Ex: Mike Tyson's punch-out!(U).nes to mike.nes
Nope, Punch out still crashes even with a short name like Mike.nes

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
personuser said:
pozda said:

smile.gif

tongue.gif
).

Nope, Punch out still crashes even with a short name like Mike.nes

okay then, I guess it's the certain rom vers it doesn't like...

so I wonder why Cat Ninden Teyandee only works with the .10 translation patch?

hmm...I guess you guys have ftp or somethin so you don't have to remove your microsds to add new NES roms, a lot faster than I can do.

Try the original punch-out or some kinda hack or translation patch in EX, and see how it goes.

pozda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
personuser said:

I did and it was blank, all black lol, but then i downloaded 3 different roms, vertigos and shadows T+ENG roms and the original one in the NesDS EX folder, and first two were crashing, while the original played perfectly!

well i guess i had messed up rom before

thanks on advice! it really helped me! =)

EDIT: BTW I use Wood v 1.23 on M3DS Simply cart, don't really know if that matters or not

Recorderdude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pozda said:
personuser said:

I did and it was blank, all black lol, but then i downloaded 3 different roms, vertigos and shadows T+ENG roms and the original one in the NesDS EX folder, and first two were crashing, while the original played perfectly!

well i guess i had messed up rom before

thanks on advice! it really helped me! =)

EDIT: BTW I use Wood v 1.23 on M3DS Simply cart, don't really know if that matters or not

glad to see it worked.

But nope, cart shouldn't be an issue with compatibility here. It seems NESDSEX is kinda touchy with romvers and pretty much runs what it wants to. I'm almost certain though that games that Crash EX mode could work under a different romver (like a translation or hack, maybe even a bad or overdump.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online