New ad network - centralize discussions here

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
We have switched to a new ad network just recently. We're still working out the kinks, please bear with us until we're done :)

Known issues, which will be addressed by our supplier as soon as possible:
- bottom adverts on mobile are too big
- <please post in this thread if you are getting other issues>

On most ads you will also see a "report ad" button, please click it to report it, obviously. There's no need to report it again on the forums since we'll only tell you to use that report button.

Also, please keep in mind that these ads arent there just for the fun of it. We need revenue to keep servers going, to allow some staff to get (small) payments to keep the site alive, and ... competitions. A big one's coming up real soon, if you've been following the Switch forums you know what I'm talking about. ;)

• Please contact our advertising representatives at Playwire for ad rates, packages and general advertising information.
  • All display advertising on our site is managed by Playwire. If you would like to advertise please visit www.playwire.com or email [email protected].

Last edited by Costello,

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
It does not show an opinion for me to report them. Not even on the one that just showed up for me as I was writing this post
View attachment 143728
Edit: but the one that doesn't show up is the one I can report
View attachment 143729
if you click the X to close it, and then the tiny little thingy here:
upload_2018-9-19_9-34-20.png
does it give you an option to report the ad?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
following complaints regarding videos, we have restored them in a much less intrusive way, after negociating with our new ad network:
- the video player won't be shown on mobile - so it will be desktop only. That means no problem with data usage, and no Chrome audio bug.
- the video player won't stick to the bottom of the user's screen when scrolling, so it won't be disturbing
Bear in mind this is just a trial, not a definitive thing.
And the videos are gaming related, they are actual content from affiliate sites, so they are worth actually watching.

But of course, they can still be disabled from your preferences:

upload_2018-9-27_10-50-57.png

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
regarding the first problem ( @JellyPerson )
- bottom adverts on mobile are too big
>> We have told our supplier that we're unhappy with that unit size, we're waiting to hear from them. However, last I checked, those ads actually collapse after a few seconds or when you scroll, is that correct? so they are annoying for a couple of seconds

And:
- in-review ads are too big
>> Our supplier is working on that and expecting to have a solution by next week.
Just got this one, didn't try too hard, but don't think I could get out of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181001-211515.png
    Screenshot_20181001-211515.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 166

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Okay so I've had it happen two more times, just a sudden redirect? Just looking through a thread.
do you mean you are getting redirected without even clicking anywhere? I don't like the sound of this...
did it take you to the same page as on the screenshot or was it a different one?

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you mean you are getting redirected without even clicking anywhere? I don't like the sound of this...
did it take you to the same page as on the screenshot or was it a different one?
Maybe I still am clicking on something and not noticeing on accident, but I've never had this problem on Gbatemp.

Edit: If I'm the only one reporting this, then it sounds like a me issue.
Edit2: Just to be certain I don't have some weird app installed causeing issues I ran avg and hidden app detector.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181004-161506.png
    Screenshot_20181004-161506.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 189
Last edited by Ericthegreat,

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not seen any ads at all. I dont use any ad blocker software either. You must be using an ad service that i blocked with the hosts file 2 years ago. I had to start blocking ads from other sites because they began to lock up my web browsers...

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Maybe I still am clicking on something and not noticeing on accident, but I've never had this problem on Gbatemp.

Edit: If I'm the only one reporting this, then it sounds like a me issue.
Edit2: Just to be certain I don't have some weird app installed causeing issues I ran avg and hidden app detector.
Thanks, I have sent the info to our ad network and asked them if there's something we can do about it.
although with a simple screenshot I doubt anything can be done. When this happens you probably get redirected from one site to another, and at the end of the path, its almost impossible to trace back to the original offender. But let's see what the ad network has to say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j