New DS confirmed

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nin10doFan said:
But if you look below, you see the little microphone or whatever it is that's in the center.. So that has to be the top screen.

Someone was just touching the top screen with the stylus and pressing right on the d-pad at the same time.

Umdlye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ENDscape said:
Umdlye said:
If the NDSi would only have 1 touchscreen, why would this video show the top screen being touched?

Because that video looks fake.

kevenka said:
was thinking the same thing XO
Something is fishy here...

Edit: Maybe someone photoshoped?

QUOTE(Raiyu245 @ Oct 4 2008, 09:47 PM)
...the stylus looks like its a computer image..it doesn't even look real.

The fake-looking videos were shown at the conference

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So your telling me nintendo is now able to stuff a LCD AND Touch Module on the top half? Not possible, and even huge companies make mistakes I.E. Sony's Malaysia PS3 launch fuck up.

qjopera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
papyrus said:
DSi!!!!!!! I guess its the same nonetheless with extra features. Hope flashcarts will work on this.
yaynds.gif

Sorry to burst your bubble but the new DSi already mimicks most of the features that flash carts have except the piracy part but with downloadable games and the web browser and new apps there is no longer any reason to purchase a flashcart. Flashcarts have become obsolete thanks to the built-in SD card reader and extra features flashcarts are no longer useful!!!!!!!!!!!

qjopera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gbaguy said:
recover said:
I'm really disappointed that the DS and DS Lite doesn't support WPA. I mean, it should have at least have been added in DS Lite.
At least Nintendo has realised it in time for DSi.

I'm just reading about the DSi now; was wondering where you read that the DSi implements WPA in their wifi.

Also, one thing that wasn't mentioned but I guess we can assume that both the DS and DSi has fully interchangeable games except for any games made for the DSi that specifically requires the camera. It's too bad that they didn't give the DSi a better/faster CPU and/or improve the graphics processing power for better movie quality and the ability to play DIVX smoothly.
you don't know if they did that or not the CPU is probably much faster than before nintendo isn't very predictable this release caught most people off guard. and with the new features on the DSi there will probably be no reason to ever even need a flashcart unless you are a pure pirate

qjopera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pikepit said:
i wonder if r4 will compatible to DSi
huh.gif

With the new abilities of the DSi and a new downloadable app store for the DS Homebrew will live on while flashcarts will become obsolete. You will no longer need your R4 any more thanks to it's SD card reader. Unless you need the open-source acekard R.P.G or neoflash R6 gold for rumble.

Cheater388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to post repetitive opinions, but I don't want to read +50 pages of this thread.

This is a great step to next gen handhelds and all that... but why no GBA slot? It looks to be the same size as the NDSL (the lite), and there's not much added to the bottom. The camera on the front screen seems useless and silly; if it was me, it would be embarrassing if somebody sees me holding up a DS like that and clicking a shoulder button. Having the camera in the front (if that is a camera) is good enough. Face it, gamers don't need quality 5 megapixel cameras. I'm really wondering whether the SD card reader can read sdhc; I want that DS firmware hacked to play games and MP3s immediately! How's the battery life? Now that you're going to be flashing, how long is it's lasting? If the firmware is hacked, will I be able to customize the DS's skin? I've always wanted to have a different picture and opening music for my DS. I like the fact that there are 3 lights, so that wifi is different from power is different from sleep mode, but why does it have to be on the left side? What happened to the speakers? Link cable emulation? The two black bars where the speakers are supposed to be, what are they for? Can't they make the start and select button look more like a regular button? Where did the mic go? Why the wider screen if games can't use it?

huff... pufff... OK, now I'm done.

pikepit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
qjopera said:
pikepit said:
i wonder if r4 will compatible to DSi
huh.gif

With the new abilities of the DSi and a new downloadable app store for the DS Homebrew will live on while flashcarts will become obsolete. You will no longer need your R4 any more thanks to it's SD card reader. Unless you need the open-source acekard R.P.G or neoflash R6 gold for rumble.

like psp?

what is app store for ds? do you need to pay for that?

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo might as well make a second iPhone...............

I like that they included new heavy features but right now i dont see the need for a camera IF i already have a DS AND a camera... I say it may be a bit late for a "A HANDHELD AND A CAMERA FTW!"...

Well if third party game developers like SquareEnix make games that integrate camera sensing in-game, that would be great with all the touching and stuff. For now it is useless.

The SD slot is good for storage. For what, mp3s and downloadable content? meh. It's both useful and useless for me at the same time. Useful for yes, multimedia, but useless because i, for one, already have a microSD slot in my flashcart in my DS Lite.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cnet does an interview about the DSi
its basically stuff we already know,
but its nice to hear it from them personally

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate to burst all your bubbles but Nintendo knows exactly what they are doing. What I mean is that this DSi will be the end to all our flashcarts, especially to the R4DS. The firmware that can be updated wirelessly can stop your flashcarts from working or even corrupt them. It's nothing but a company tactic, eradicate the problem without issuing it to the public.

You all will be surprised if Nintendo actually does update the firmware to block all the flashcarts from working properly. The reason I believe R4DS is the first one to go because of the lack of firmware update its more vulnerable to stop working when the newest update hits. All I can hope for is that the SD card slot is unprotected so you can play your NDS roms without going through the frustration. Yes I also can see someone hacking into the DSi where your SD cards can play the NDS roms without the flashcarts.

One way or another Nintendo is going to stop the DS pirating business sooner or later. They already planning it out with this *points at DSi* gimmick!

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Canonbeat234 said:
One way or another Nintendo is going to stop the DS pirating business sooner or later. They already planning it out with this *points at DSi* gimmick!
Yeah, but you do know that it's impossible to stop pirates.....or even hackers!!!! There is always a way!!
They might give us some problems....but I doubt that they'll manage to stop piracy!

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
I think the DSi is lame... Cameras ? so what ? It makes the console look super-ugly, isn't useful at all. App store is interesting. But seriously, they could've made it with a GBA card with an SD slot in it... Payiyng an extra $50 to have an ugly looking DS that has useless built-in gadgets ? Not for me...

The new Nintendo is disapointing me. I got bored with the Wii and the DS. I regret the time of the N64, the GBA and the GameCube...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?