mekaxero

I am the alpha, and the omega
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
from wut i see, it looks like it plugs a ds cart into the slot. i saw a picture like this on natriums 42's blog here:

http://natrium42.com/blog/

seems to me to be the same thing, the ds cart will just not stick out of the top, so it looks a little more profrsional, if u ask me.

also, a link from lynx's passme site leads me to believe that the XG2 is the same thing as the neoflash, only with a passme in a professional case(Magic Key). there is a site selling the XG2 1GB and a lynx-made passme for 169.99. the site says that the neo power kit software works on the xg2 cart. also, for 149.99 u can get the xg2 without the passme, for those that already have one. however, i tried to order from their and got an error that they do not ship to my country(USA), so i emailed the company they use to sell them online, and they should be getting back to me soon whether or not they do sell them in the us.

this would be good news for many, as you would be able to get the same thing as a neoflash kit for 169.99, or 149.99 if u already have a passme(maybe even wifime and flashme), as compared to the 269.99 i have seen on other online sites..

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hope they dont overprice it like the neoflash maybe the compettition will drive prices down great news though im so glad i was patient.

The Neoflash really is not that expensive.........

Dude, 200 bucks is expensive
unsure.gif

lol for us working men it really isnt lol. but again, until i see something i can compare to my f2a256 as far as stability and something like pogoshell in terms of ds, i got no probs buying ds games till then or just ebing patient :/
tongue.gif
lol

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atleast it looks nice. Though I think my kraln.com passme is alot better looking
tongue.gif

I wonder if I could run DS games off the G6 cart with a flashme.
Passkeys cant be all that differnt from the passme's right?
tongue.gif

tanukikoji

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
havent you all had enough free games?

The faster they can be preserved, the better as far as I'm concerned. Playing them for free is not so much an issue as being able to continue to play them many years from now when the original hardware is but a memory.

in that sense, you are of the same thought as my group, thing is, you are the only one i`ve seen here with that sort of opinion. my comment was in light of the current [predictable] feeding frenzy.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hope they dont overprice it like the neoflash maybe the compettition will drive prices down great news though im so glad i was patient.

The Neoflash really is not that expensive.........

Dude, 200 bucks is expensive
unsure.gif
Ok, people here obviously dont remember how expensive GBA carts were when they first came out. a 256 card used to cost $250+

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why do they keep making PassMe remakes...they should really figure out a way how to get these Golden Sun ROMS runs to start booting from the cart itself...I really don't want to be carrying extra GBA carts with me

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
^I'm waiting until they figure out a way to make a DS flashcart that doesn't use the gba slot or a gba flashcard. One that is actually just the same size and shape as a normal ds gamecard. No passme or anything. That'd be awesome. I'm not sure how they'd do it but hopfully someone will figure it out and in a years time it'll certainly be interesting on the ds flashcard market.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think part of the reason we won't see a DS flashcard that actually fits in the DS slot is because there's no incentive to create such a thing. If they've figured out how to use GBA flashcards, which are cheap, readily available and can continue to be produced, why go the extra mile? Why spend all the money trying to figure out the format, and then producing the 'carts' with compatible flash units?

Using a PassMe, you can do the FlashMe - and then all you need is your GBA flashcard. Nothing sticking out of the unit, no fuss no muss.

Seems to me as if there's never going to be anything wrong with, or inconvenient about the current solution.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here, GBA flash carts are nice, but Id rather have something more stable. Besides, the card format is actually cheaper than GBA carts, so if they figured it out it would save them more money and make them more money in the long run.

But ofcourse, more study is needed, so this current solution will do.
Besides, I kinda like being able to play GBA and NDS games on the same cart, though Id like my EZFA to play NDS commercial games too >.>

Plus if I had another cart for NDS games, then I wouldnt be able to fill it up as full as my smaller EZFA cart >.>
So Id end up wanting to play NDS games on my EZFA and play GBA games on the other since it has more space o-o

Still though, the G6 thing looks like a great device, something Ive been wanting in a GBA flash cart for awhile now. I could care less if it runs NDS games, its jsut a good cart.

But a solution for exsiting GBA carts to play commercial games would be nice though.

rfs830

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a question but dose anyone know if any gba flash cart work? I ask this a I want to get an ez flash 3 cart. If not I will just get both them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging