New Sonic Frontiers TGS trailer gives a first look into playable Super Sonic

2x1_NSwitchDS_SonicFrontiers.jpg

A new trailer for Sonic Frontiers was released today, exclusive to the Tokyo Game Show 2022 event.
The new trailer gives a new look at some of the battle mechanics in the game, some of the boss fights against the titans Sonic will face, and also shows the very first look into what seems to be a playable Super Sonic into the main game, which could serve as a possible power-up for Sonic to be used during gameplay.

Sonic Frontiers' Trailer Description said:
Dangerous new enemies require powerful new abilities in Sonic Frontiers – Available for Pre-Order today! https://frontiers.sonicthehedgehog.com/

The Starfall Islands are home to strange and menacing foes that Sonic has never encountered before. Using an all-new battle system, join Sonic in confronting these titanic threats with upgraded combat skills, evasive maneuvers, and a few familiar tricks up his sleeve. Jump into adventure, harness the power of the Emeralds, and fight to stop these new, mysterious enemies!

Are you excited about the upcoming Sonic title?
Post and share your thoughts!

:arrow: Source

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've watched this trailer 7 times already, and I didn't notice any wisps.

I could have sworn I saw the light blue wisp before the part where Sonic transforms into Super.
I must have mistaken one of the emeralds at quick glimpse for a wisp.

I'll edit the post, thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: RedoLane

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
It happened with Sonic Forces. I was super pumped, pre-ordered it, then I received and played it... Oh shiiiit.

Sonic Colors Ultimate was another one. And Sonic Origins.
Come on! Grab on the good memories not the negative ones. I did not got disappointed at all with Sonic Mania, so if they could do a awesome 2D Sonic on modern times, maybe they can do a 3D Open WorldZone one.

I am hopeful.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets hope that its not a "Super Sonic Hold X To Boost Into Perfect Dark Gaia" QTE thing like in Sonic Unleashed. Tbh I lost hope with Sonic Frontiers when they showed Green Hill AGAIN!!! Like do we really need to rehash old levels just to make these new Sonic Games good?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on! Grab on the good memories not the negative ones. I did not got disappointed at all with Sonic Mania, so if they could do a awesome 2D Sonic on modern times, maybe they can do a 3D Open WorldZone one.

I am hopeful.
I bought Sonic Mania on Switch at launch and it wasn't very playable, but after a few weeks or so a patch fixed the game. There's always something wrong with Sonic games.

NewLoveMachine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm cautiously optimistic about Frontiers. As bad as the stories generally are, the edgier trope ridden ones hold a special place in my heart and this one seems to be channeling that same energy. As for the gameplay, I can only hope it doesn't follow most of the generic boring open world trends seen today (Ubisoft being the biggest criminal of this).

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I dunno... Like, this feels like someone modded a different game and put Sonic in it.
I suppose it's to give that feel of "Sonic's is in an alien world" or something but still... dunno, not really convinced yet.
Guess we'll see once it's out. Also, uh, seeing the gigantic black monster made me think of two things: Shadow of the Colossus (duh) and... that that thing looks like something from Metal Gear Survive... ugh.

Guess regarding the world maybe being empty, I'd say perhaps with Sonic it could work, as long as there are actual places to explore too: In so many open world games, there's basically fuck all to see or do, and because you go also relatively slow, then it's just boring as fuck. But if you can go super fast? Then I'd say even if the world is empty, hey, speeding all over the place, up and down and all around could still be pretty fun.

Reactions: Marc_LFD and Xzi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still think sonic should've gotten a slight redesign for this game, as he looks kind of out of place compared to how the rest of the game looks. that said, the game looks really fun and i'm probably gonna get it on release.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like BOTW ,but with sonic, even the opening of this trailer is almost a direct copy or BOTW including the music
I like it though

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:rofl2:It's fine, but I just wasn't expecting that music change.

I wonder if Sonic will get a power up, different from the emblems, by the end of the game or maybe he will team up with someone/some people for the final boss.

At least fishing seems to be optional this time.

Souperman9

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I definitely want to be proven wrong, but everything about this game still looks so off to me. I definitely agree with the stock Unreal Engine sentiment kinda thing, but I think the main issue that also causes that is just what seems like a lack of effort across the board. Again, I would love for it to be great, but it all seems just... not there? Like the graphics and art style, the bits of gameplay we've gotten, and even the trailer itself all look kinda half-assed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu