New Streets of Rage 4 Trailer reveals retro options

Checkout the latest Streets of Rage 4 trailer released today:

See our new action-packed gameplay trailer which also reveals some of Streets of Rage 4’s tributes to the original trilogy, including unlockable pixel art characters with movesets and abilities unique to their respective games; Streets of Rage’s fighters can call the cops for their special moves, while Streets of Rage 3’s characters can sprint and roll through environments. Catch Skate, Max, and all the throwback warriors making their glorious return!

These retro characters combine with Streets of Rage 4’s five hand-animated leading fighters to bring the total playable roster’s count to 17. For a full nostalgic trip, players can also switch to the series iconic original soundtrack, handing out beatdowns backed by tracks from Streets of Rage 1 and Streets of Rage 2. Taking down thugs with these timeless songs cranked up makes for an incredibly satisfying retro experience.

:arrow: Streets of Rage 4 Official Site

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's more of a case of being overshadowed - SoR1 and SoR2 soundtracks are often considered some of the greatest videogame music of all time, and SoR3 soundtrack is very niche and experimental in comparison.
While I can't argue with that honestly, I still think the legacy is important. It's just personally unfair they can include the characters from the game, but not the music. I just feel is more important for a complete package to go all the way in. The game isn't out yet so I'll just hope that it does get to be part of it. I would feel they wouldn't put that in the trailer for promotional purposes. (Obviously that ain't something you want to promote) :ninja:

Reactions: Azael_inf

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Streets of Rage Foo-oo-u... ... FLASH EDITION.

ALSO, did they asked to 2 Unlimited ot Technotronic to make the music? Am I in the 90's again?

Last edited by JuanMena,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
didnt expect them to putclassic axel, forget fat beer bely axel, im going with retro one, hopefully it unlock early.

Sundree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one getting M.U.G.E.N vibes from this? Maybe it's the clashing art style, idk. Not that it's a bad thing though. Still gonna pick up SOR4 when it drops.

Reactions: UltraSUPRA

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure what to say but SOR remake is the bomb. but this i hope it does not fail.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's great that Yuzo Koshiro is coming back. Streets of Rage without Yuzo Kshiro is like Donkey Kong without David Wise.
Here's a track he's done recently for an indie game (Not a SOR game):

Avalyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I just can't get hyped for this - The new tracks I have heard have not impressed. The music REALLY needs to be good for this game to succeed, as the first 3 are classics. And why no SoR3 soundtrack?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eTlZ0qcSZf4?si=0vpkdIWplaLMFVqv