New Streets of Rage 4 Trailer reveals retro options

Checkout the latest Streets of Rage 4 trailer released today:

See our new action-packed gameplay trailer which also reveals some of Streets of Rage 4’s tributes to the original trilogy, including unlockable pixel art characters with movesets and abilities unique to their respective games; Streets of Rage’s fighters can call the cops for their special moves, while Streets of Rage 3’s characters can sprint and roll through environments. Catch Skate, Max, and all the throwback warriors making their glorious return!

These retro characters combine with Streets of Rage 4’s five hand-animated leading fighters to bring the total playable roster’s count to 17. For a full nostalgic trip, players can also switch to the series iconic original soundtrack, handing out beatdowns backed by tracks from Streets of Rage 1 and Streets of Rage 2. Taking down thugs with these timeless songs cranked up makes for an incredibly satisfying retro experience.

:arrow: Streets of Rage 4 Official Site

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing this makes me think they would've been FAR better off with octopath-style graphics. Modern scaling and lighting on chunky sprites. Just use mostly existing assets in a Sonic Mania style remix that tries to one-up Streets of Rage Remake. Damn...

Reactions: MarkDarkness

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does everyone hate Streets Of Rage 3 music that much!? :blink:

upload_2020-4-8_15-25-10.png

Reactions: James_

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean... the music from 3 is okay but I understand why they decided to leave it out.
I do not. Obviously there is some bias here. Include the roster but not the music from the game? Surely it may not be first choice for what to play of the three, it may not even have what people expect of the music, but doesn't mean it's all bad. :ninja:

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me, or does it seem like this game is taking forever to come out? Like, we first got teased about it in...2018? And obviously, it looks like it's come pretty far into development, but still, it seems like a longer than usual timeframe to develop a game like this. And didn't Hideki Naganuma leave this project recently?

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ll probably play retro for the most part, since I’m use to that look for these type of games. I can’t say it looks fully retro though.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me, or does it seem like this game is taking forever to come out?
Not only that, but they also teased windjammers 2. Haven't seen a trailer since last year. :blink:

nah... BK3 music is not bad. it's only not as good as sor 2 or even 1. what happens is that some people always go with supposed "reviewers" that hate things only because they can.
Well, my point wasn't if it's good or bad, it's not including it for the sake of legacy reasons.

TerminatR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yuck. Why clash the older graphics with the new art style they went with.

It's almost like they can't decide what game they really want to make.

This might have been ok as a hidden Easter egg but as an actual game option.... this is really unappetizing.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SoR3 soundtrack is in large part written by computer algorithms, that's what makes it so intensely different from the other 2. It was really avant garde stuff at the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.