Hacking New Update : 11.3.0-36X

Status
Not open for further replies.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but if you read other users post saying update to the latest Luma before updating to 11.3, what's the point on asking if you blaintly just read the answer?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
i actually read two different things, one says it works and one says something broke / not working and another saying you have to update x-item first before you update, etc.

Last edited by djricekcn,

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but if you read other users post saying update to the latest Luma before updating to 11.3, what's the point on asking if you blaintly just read the answer?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
again, there were some saying it works, some saying it doesn't and it got confusing

flashmanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright
I guess after following the guide means I'm on luma 6.6. I went ahead and did the update.
now I'm on 11.3. All the emulators still work. I loaded chmm2 and changd my custom themes and they still work.
I tried bunch of games I loaded through cia and free shop and they all work. Luma still works. Freeshop still works I succesfully downloaded a nd played a game. while I don't have a cia I can install without making room on my sd card fbi loaded so I assume it works.

homebrew launcher does not work. I don't think I really need it anyway.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
They didn't "block" hardmods or DSiWare transfers, but they blocked the method that these were using to downgrade. You can not downgrade the NFIRM to a vulnerable version anymore.
Well you can, but the system won't boot with the older FIRM.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd say in the future, fasthax will be updated to support 11.3 or some new type of hax that can be run alongside safehax. As for downgrades, I'm not exactly sure which ones still work. What method does Decrypt9 use for it's downgrades?

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those mentioning Smealum, I highly recommend following this guy instead, if you want to stay up to date on CFWs and other mods and hacks.

Geezerdorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
homebrew launcher does not work. I don't think I really need it anyway.

@flashmanx , you have asked this question in almost all the threads that there are, regarding the update. Multiple people has already answered.
The guy that makes the HBL and other hax payloads is actually checking and assessing the situation, since the update did block in a way the procedure to load the hbl...ON O3DS. (yet he seems to have solutions available for that in a not-so-far-future). He expects to make new payloads to for N3DS Soon!™, but we'll have to wait (Methinks Smea has already another solution. He just doesn't want to use it yet, in fear of those to be tracked and thus, beginning the shooting down of the other, less known Kernel exploits)

Well you can, but the system won't boot with the older FIRM.

Yep. They updated the minimum NFIRM for the system to boot from 5.0 to 11.3.
In Layman's terms for all the other ton of people that will ask, think of those as card keys. The lock wasn't checking if you had an up-to-date card key to open the lock. Now, it does.

And now, watch as both the replies and the explanations are being ignored or buried over thousands of same questions as stated before right about....now
:glare:

Last edited by Geezerdorf,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh man that's very bad.
Hope that there will be an update to NTR and Gateway soon because i use Gateway for Cheats in most games on an updates Sysnand with a9lh. Would be very bad if the update for Gateway will take weeks or months to be released.
Ok i can stay on 11.2 and use the Gateway until there is an update but then i can't play online or access the eshop.

And i have a question on that: I made a backup of 11.2 before installing a9lh and after.

If my system ever crashes am i able to just write back the 11.2 NAND File i saved? I'm a bit confused as in this thread was told that Hardmod is fixed and you can't downgrade with it any more.
Does this only count if someone is at 11.3 and have no NAND Backup of a previous version?
Just want to get sure because i wanted to do a permanent hardmod to my cosnsole but if this doesn't help me even if i have a backup then i save that time for the install of the hardmod.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope that the upcoming new 3ds xl pikachu edition doesn't come with this 11.3 update. If it does then I wasted 200 bucks.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
And i have a question on that: I made a backup of 11.2 before installing a9lh and after.

If my system ever crashes am i able to just write back the 11.2 NAND File i saved? I'm a bit confused as in this thread was told that Hardmod is fixed and you can't downgrade with it any more.
Does this only count if someone is at 11.3 and have no NAND Backup of a previous version?
Just want to get sure because i wanted to do a permanent hardmod to my cosnsole but if this doesn't help me even if i have a backup then i save that time for the install of the hardmod.
Only effect hardmoding to downgrade NFIRM for 9.2 Downgrade. Not hardmoding for backup & restore.
  1. On <= 11.2, we can using old NFIRM to allow 9.2 Downgrade on console newer than 10.6. So we can hardmoding or DSiware Transfer for install old NFIRM for this.
  2. But on 11.3, the Homemenu now require the lastest NFIRM to be able to run
  3. Which mean, if you install old NFIRM on 11.3, your console won't boot to home menu anymore.
  4. But, NAND restoring always restore the whole NAND included Homemenu, truly bring back to that version
  5. So, you can still downgrade if you have the old version back up of that console.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Read from bottom to top:

0RxYbtD.jpg

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Aside from having to cancel the update nag every now and then, are there any other reasons to update to 11.3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk