Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Christians.

Says enough to me.

A comment like that doesn't make you any better than people like that.

Non-Christians can be just as bad and not every Christian agrees with such things.

I'm not saying all christians are like that.
Neither am I saying that non-christians are as tolerant as others.

But the vast majority of christians are.

I should edited my post and be a little more specific, I realize it now.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christians.

Says enough to me.

Non-Christians can be just as bad and not every Christian agrees with such things.

Well...I wouldn't say that, I know quite a few Christians (the majority of people I know are) and most of, if not all of them are gay-tolerant. Now, that's a local example, but I wouldn't say that the majority are gay-intolerant.

Reactions: 1 person

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Christians.

Says enough to me.

Except that's not true either. The media really emphasizes and over-exaggerates on the groups that do, but I would argue probably 90% of the Christian community isn't as retarded as the ones shown.

Reactions: 2 people

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only really shocking thing about this video, is that this is what the bible actually teaches.
No, it does not. In fact almost every part of the Bible about Homosexuality were edited to be about homosexuality. And not to mention there is more in the Bible than that. The Bible is a big book and covers plenty of subjects and most people are guilty of far greater "sins" than homosexuality.
Not to mention as Christians, you are not expected to follow the Old Testament, you are expected to follow the New Testament, where in which I found nothing about Jesus hating homosexuality.
What nonsense, you're saying that Christians are not expected to follow the old testament? so in other words what you're also saying is that Christians should not follow the ten commandments? because they appear in the old testament and only the old testament. So if possible, can you explain to me why all Christians follow the ten commandments?, when in your own words, they come from a book that they should not be following.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only really shocking thing about this video, is that this is what the bible actually teaches.
No, it does not. In fact almost every part of the Bible about Homosexuality were edited to be about homosexuality. And not to mention there is more in the Bible than that. The Bible is a big book and covers plenty of subjects and most people are guilty of far greater "sins" than homosexuality.
Not to mention as Christians, you are not expected to follow the Old Testament, you are expected to follow the New Testament, where in which I found nothing about Jesus hating homosexuality.
What nonsense, you're saying that Christians are not expected to follow the old testament? so in other words what you're also saying is that Christians should not follow the ten commandments? because they appear in the old testament and only the old testament. So if possible, can you explain to me why all Christians follow the ten commandments?, when in your own words, they come from a book that they should not be following.
In the New Testament the 10 Commandments are "fulfilled" by Jesus, and he gives a contemporary version on the Sermon on the Mount; he basically renews commandments so that they could apply to what was then the "modern crowd", as well as to apply to more varied crowds.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big LOL at everyone lumping all Christians in with these guys, settle down.

Also, top rated comment on the video now has the church's full contact information and administrator's names. Shit's about to get reaaaaaal.

Reactions: 4 people

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Christians.

Says enough to me.

Except that's not true either. The media really emphasizes and over-exaggerates on the groups that do, but I would argue probably 90% of the Christian community isn't as retarded as the ones shown.

True.
Most christians shown in the media are extremely bound towards the bible.
Jehova witnesses and such (atleast in this part of the country the JW's are a bit extreme)

Christians.

Says enough to me.

Well...I wouldn't say that, I know quite a few Christians (the majority of people I know are) and most of, if not all of them are gay-tolerant. Now, that's a local example, but I wouldn't say that the majority are gay-intolerant.

It might be a local thing yeh.
One thing I do know is that there is a city/town here that is 99.9% extremely christian.
They won't even allow cars in the city on sunday.

Now I still won't say that all christians are bad but atleast here the majority are that way.

Personally I hardly care about both things.
Let gay people be gay and christian people be christian.
Why can't people just get along with eachother.
Would make the world a whole better place

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I do know is that there is a city/town here that is 99.9% extremely christian.
I can assure you, it's not local. Also, regarding the other 2 lines...are you sure you're talking about Christians? Because that sounds like a Jewish practice to me.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what happens when a religion gets too powerful, people abuse it.

There is an extremely high correlation between the average person's religion and the religion they grew up with; for the average person, you can almost guess their religion based on their parents religion. That's not an act of faith, but just mind control.

In relations to this topic, if this kid is like the average kid; in 20 years you will see a repost of this video, but it will be the kid making his kid do the same thing. When religion becomes to powerful, it gets abused.

Makes me sick, my quirk with major religions isn't necessarily the religion itself, but the amount of stupidity it causes such as this.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In the New Testament the 10 Commandments are "fulfilled" by Jesus, and he gives a contemporary version on the Sermon on the Mount; he basically renews commandments so that they could apply to what was then the "modern crowd", as well as to apply to more varied crowds.
All that goes to show, is that Jesus is also a cherry picker.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can assure you, it's not local. Also, regarding the other 2 lines...are you sure you're talking about Christians? Because that sounds like a Jewish practice to me.

Christian.
100% certain on it.
It might be saturday but they have a day that they won't allow cars to into the city.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This video is sad because of the ignorance and intolerance it demonstrates. I'm glad that we all oppose this and everything, but blindly bashing the entirety of Christianity for the beliefs and actions of a fringe group is just as bad.

Reactions: 3 people

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
In my own words, Jesus took the old laws such as the Ten Commandments and made them a new in his own words.
Also
Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23-25; Ephesians 2:15Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23-25; Ephesians 2:15

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, instantly made me think he was talking about Shabbathttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabbathttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabbat

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In my own words, Jesus took the old laws such as the Ten Commandments and made them a new in his own words.
Also
Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23-25; Ephesians 2:15Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23-25; Ephesians 2:15
If a Christian totally disregards the entire old testament, then they cant call themselves a christian.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also
If a Christian totally disregards the entire old testament, then they cant call themselves a christian.
No, then they can't call themselves Jewish.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Also
I did not say they are expected to disregard the Old Testament, I said they are not expected to use it as law. The Old Testament is more of a guide, but it is not law to Christianity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo