Hacking Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii is out now.

DrJack6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmaol.. no your not the only one, I haven't officially made a request but hey here it is, I think it would be awesome. There is already an ISO out there to d/load though DrJack6, however I don't think it's the updated 2.0 version.

I'm hoping if he gets bored he can mock something up for 2.0 Another Super Mario Bros Wii.

There IS a downloadable ISO but it is not being seeded. It dies at 87%. Everyone has that problem.. So I have to wait for a patch

Heimdallr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you get the official nVidia driver update? it sped up my gameplay from 20% (EFB to RAM) to 60%

No, I haven't updated in quite a while. Not sure if it'll work, but I'll try that, thanks.

Well I'll be damned. I updated my nVidia driver to 320.18, and now I can get 98-100% on most levels at 2.5x native. Some levels drop to 85-90% which is still tolerable.

I honestly wasn't expecting it to help any. Thanks :D

Edit: Wow. I also noticed that Dolphin wasn't pushing my GPU much, so I opened NVIDIA Control Panel and set the program to prefer maximum performance, and went back to DX9 in Dolphin's graphics settings. Now I get no lag whatsoever at 3x native, even with EFB > RAM.

thethiny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll be damned. I updated my nVidia driver to 320.18, and now I can get 98-100% on most levels at 2.5x native. Some levels drop to 85-90% which is still tolerable.

I honestly wasn't expecting it to help any. Thanks :D

told ya, actually , if you check the official site , it says that the drivers are not mandatory , they only help add new features and increase the speed of gameplay.

mongolianmiller

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to mention that I've got it working as well. Zero lag on a Mini-ITX system, sporting an A10 AMD processor, and a Radeon 5770 (seriously, not the best setup rip, but AMD's graphic cards have a wider channel for the crap Dolphin likes).

Anyway, it's super fun so far. I thought "The Lost Levels" by Casper was good, but this is unreal compared to that. :D

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
There IS a downloadable ISO but it is not being seeded. It dies at 87%. Everyone has that problem.. So I have to wait for a patch
Not sure if its the same but I got it fully downloaded (ntsc), but it only black screens for me, This is on the vwii and I only had like 10min before work to try it, So the problem could be anything. I'm going to try it on my regular Wii later tonight.

Edit: Ok I got it working. its version 1.0 btw

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet Jebus they combined the best of Super Mario World, Mario Bros 3 and every best Mario homage there is Really Sweet playing World 1-3 I feel like a kid again really shows the effort and time they have put into this Mama Mia this is Amazing!!!

Reactions: MassiveRican

SybreTiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone who has gotten to Bowser... How do you beat him in the final mode? I've hit him tons of times, over 20, he roars at the 12th hit, but I keep hitting him and he never dies...

waffletower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you can't legitimately play the NSMB without homebrew right now. Seriously, keep this crap out of this thread. There any millions of other threads that you can bitch about this over that has already been covered a million times over.

Either send your wii to N for repairs, repair it yourself, or quit complaining. Your complaining wont make any difference anyways, so why waste your effort.
Have you ever heard of "NOT shitposting"? Try it some time.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished 100% the game (or at least I think 5 gold stars on the file represents). Pretty fun! Worlds 5-7 seemed a bit shorter than some of the earlier levels but definitely fun!

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What!?!? Thats your first post. Rather ironic given what you are saying to me. You are replying to a post thats over a week old. :facepalm:

What's interesting is that they knew it was a week old and they knew how you were going to react and it scared them to start a new account. I've always wanted to create a post identifier using my statistical knowledge. If I can take a block of text and identify factors such as grammar, average length of sentences, punctuation, and other ones to use statistics to determine a match with another post. Chances are it will match many accounts but more accounts will be more of a closer match. While it's possible they disguised their post (considering it's only one post, if there were many it would be harder to do this), there are some unique properties not seen by the average temper

Just look at at the one sentence that user had posted. Something that was underlined and bolded. Punctuation after the quotation marks. Brief but effective sentences. The hatred to have to create a new account to post that as if someone loathes you. No doubt they got satisfaction of you posting back, their job was met.

Not many tempers would fall into that category.

Reactions: DeadlyFoez

eskimo44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One and half worlds in and i feel confident in saying this is an excellent game. Kudos to the creators, it's nice to A) see hacks be completed and B) be so well done. Mario Adventure is still the gold standard but if this game keeps going the way it is, IMO, it's going to be right up there. After the disappointment of not getting to play New Super Metroid Bros. for DS this has been nice to play, high quality hacks don't come around often.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol