Hacking [NEWS] Atmosphere can now load HBL on all FW and Fusee to boot into OS soon*

• Thread starter Deleted-442439
  • Start date
  • Views 107,451
  • Replies 258
  • Likes 93

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
*Nintendo
they chose to go with a nearly unmodified version of the tegra
The Tegra was supposed to be secure. It's not Nintendo's fault that it turned out not to be.
It's more cost effective to use an unmodified chip. The Switch is expensive enough as it is. Made sense to do it that way.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

scroeffie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is it going to be possible to hack the new switches ? i mean ps3 phat ps3 slim super slim xbox 360 all hacked
iam not shure if i want to buy a switch now or wait maiybe the new switch wil have more speed more ram etc

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it going to be possible to hack the new switches ? i mean ps3 phat ps3 slim super slim xbox 360 all hacked
iam not shure if i want to buy a switch now or wait maiybe the new switch wil have more speed more ram etc
no one knows yet but if i would have to take a guess i would say yes but not at 1st but with the old switching being able to be hacked like they are I think it would be more easy to find bugs way faster to use them for softmods that would lead to hacks.

Last edited by leerpsp,

_n3o_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

180129_ph-crystal-ball.12950.jpg

The answer is .... maybe (but not with already know hack/vulnerability)

Reactions: Draxzelex

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not overclocking, but something like using dock-clock in portable mode
(yeah i know that would deplete the battery ^^ )
Well it still doesnt draw that much power even with the dock, it doesn't even get close to the max of what the charger can supply on docked mod...

Thats why there are power banks with power delivery that can power up switch even with the dock included, so you just buy a 20A one with power delivery capable of outputting ~15V at around 2.6A and even portable with dock clocks it will still play for quite some time as the chip even on dock clocks is still a lot downclocked in comparison to the stock clocks for the Tegra X1 like on the Nvidia Shield TV.

D

Deleted-442439

OP
I don’t think about cpu tweaks, because like already with a underclocked cpu the switch is hot, I can’t imagine with a overclocked cpu, I’m sure you could cook an egg on it xD

Not really, the T210 has a max operating temp of 80C, Switch under load never goes beyond mid 60s, so there is some room for overclocking with the current cooler, I think the actual issue here is the voltage, the power control units are prob not as versatile as we would like, but we can definitely pump some more juice out of the system, and if we slap to some good old liquid metal on there we could take it even further :P

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The diference, whit a switch now, the hack and cfw is a confirmed thing and if nothing strange happens, to be able to hack it and use cfw is a fact, for new versions of hardware to be able to hack and used cfw is a gamble, maybe first day is discovered a new entrypoint and there is no diference, maybe they are hacked after 4 years, 10 years, 30 years or never, you never know, probably they whould be hacked and in less than 5 years, but its a gamble, what do you preffer, a gamble or a confirmed thing? now is your decision, and the decision of your economical situation.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Inevitably, yes. Unless the devs explicitly state they're not going to work on the new revisions (you know someone will)... It's just how the record spins..

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No pls, not custom themes, don't want to see people dirting that beautiful switch menú with some random waifu as wallpaper.
...Who says themes are waifus? I don't like those themes.

just something in different colors, or something snes-reminiscent, etc.
Because first thing that appears when custom themes become a thing are waifu/anime bullshit themes all over the place with like a handful of ACTUAL good custom themes. I don't know what's the deal with this fetish really, but man do custom themes clutter up with these kind of crap xD

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What I don't understand is why people are paranoid about having to go through Fusee Gelee? Yes its a bit of hassle on every boot, but seriously how many of you fully turn off your switch when you stop playing? Mine is 99% of the time in sleep mode :P.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I don't understand is why people are paranoid about having to go through Fusee Gelee? Yes its a bit of hassle on every boot, but seriously how many of you fully turn off your switch when you stop playing? Mine is 99% of the time in sleep mode :P.
I turn mine off 100% all the time and put it in a zip up case I don't ever have mine in the dock unless i'm playing 2 player or showing it off. But with this hack though i think i will have it docked and playing a lot of 2 player games now.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, the T210 has a max operating temp of 80C, Switch under load never goes beyond mid 60s, so there is some room for overclocking with the current cooler, I think the actual issue here is the voltage, the power control units are prob not as versatile as we would like, but we can definitely pump some more juice out of the system, and if we slap to some good old liquid metal on there we could take it even further :P
I wouldn't use liquid metal, but I am damn interested in that Graphite Thermal solution that's making the rounds.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The question now is , if the loader is coming sooner than the executer mod chip ?
yep but the executer mod chip I think if it even still comes will be the same as or close to the joycon hardmod/solder-less 3d printed jig with there own softwere to install on the switch So if that is the case then all you would have to do is download there softwere and use your own jig to boot it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, Mario Moonlight exists?