[NEWS] Ryujinx now plays Sonic Mania at FULL SPEED

Emulation scene is also moving along fast.

The Switch Emulator Ryujinx now runs Sonic Mania at full speed, with no sound issues and even 3D sections work.

https://ryujinx.github.io/

upload_2018-5-30_2-4-23.png

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Legally, they can't do squat to stop emulation, as again, hardware cannot be copyrighted under US law, and emulators are considered original works, so good luck. It seems almost as if people want Nintendo to C&D this emulator.

TBH I don't want it to get a C&D, but I think the Switch is to much of a success right now for Nintendo to just let anyone else bite off the Apple, besides laws can have loop holes, so I'm sure Nintendo will look into possible solutions if they want to with their lawyers, and if something comes up then we'll likely see it, if it doesn't then we won't, but either way this is some amazing progress that's been made today.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,
D

Deleted-442439

OP
Legally, they can't do squat to stop emulation, as again, hardware cannot be copyrighted under US law, and emulators are considered original works, so good luck. It seems almost as if people want Nintendo to C&D this emulator.

If Bleem could win against Sony when it was based on a reverse engineered bios, I am pretty sure Nintendo has no chance against Yuzu or RyuJinx today :P
upload_2018-5-30_5-26-19.jpeg

D

Deleted-442439

OP
TBH I don't want it to get a C&D, but I think the Switch is to much of a success right now for Nintendo to just let anyone else bite off the Apple, besides laws can have loop holes, so I'm sure Nintendo will look into possible solutions if they want to with their lawyers, and if something comes up then we'll likely see it, if it doesn't then we won't, but either way this is some amazing progress that's been made today.

There is nothing they can do other than hunt down Warez sites, the emulators themselves can't be shut down, Sony's many legal battles over the PS1 emus proved that it is impossible to win, Nintendo will not be able to do anything.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I doubt they'll do anything.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck with that, since emulators fall under fair use as per copyright law, soooooo......

So? It's almost as if 2D games were easier for GPUs to render than 3D games or something.

I doubt they'll do anything.

are you just a really negative person or are you the proverbial rain that seems to land on parades
i don't think i've ever seen a positive comment from you, please advise where one resides

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you just a really negative person or are you the proverbial rain that seems to land on parades
i don't think i've ever seen a positive comment from you, please advise where one resides

You think you know me, but you clearly don't. You're more than welcome to block me if it helps. I'm just saying that people seem like they're hoping that Nintendo does something to stop this emulator, and you're not helping.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like these guys and Yuzu should join forces, similar to team Dolphin. Or better yet, join team Dolphin to add Switch emulation to their product. That would be amazing!

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhN3stcB0is