Next-Gen Poll: PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X?

PS5 vs XBSX GBAtemp Poll.png

It’s been about a week since we got a look at what games will be playable on the Xbox Series X; a couple of weeks after the PlayStation 5's own showcase aired. We now have a better idea as to what titles to expect from each next-gen console. Even if more details and games will be revealed in the coming months, we can already appreciate what each console has to offer in terms of games, features and specs. So how about a poll to see which console you'll more likely pick up? Before making a decision, let's roundup each console's features and games!

PlayStation 5

Sony was relatively tight-lipped when it came to news of the PS5. First it revealed the logo, then the controller’s design and some specs. We only got a look at the consoles during its Future of Gaming event in June. And yes, I used consoles in plural because there will be two editions of the PS5: a regular one with the optical disc and a Digital Edition.

So let’s see what Sony has to offer in terms of specs and games for next-gen gaming!

Specs

PS5 specs.PNG

Featured games

Right, what are specs without games? Sony had quite a lot to show during its Future of Gaming event from Demon's Souls Remake through a sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn to the trippy Bugsnax. Here’s a highlight reel or if you wish to watch the full event, head here:

It’s good to note that while these games are planned for a PS5 release, not all of them will be available this year or even next. Moreover, not all will be console exclusives, so PC or Xbox gamers will be able to experience some of the same games shown here.

Xbox Series X

Compared to Sony, Xbox was more open about its next-gen console. By the time Sony only revealed the PS5 logo, we already had a detailed look at the Xbox Series X hardware. While Sony has confirmed two versions of the PS5, Xbox has only revealed only one version of its next Xbox. However, recent leaks suggest that Microsoft is also planning multiple iteration of its next-gen console.

Now, let’s see what has been touted as “the most powerful console ever” packs.

Specs

xbox series x specs.PNG

SOURCE

Featured games

Oddly enough, when Xbox shared the first look of games for its new console, it went for indie and third-party titles rather than first party games. However, last week we got a look at those first-party games such as the anticipated Halo Infinite, a new RPG from Obsidian and a new Fable teaser. Check out the highlight reel below or the full event here:

Your choice

While we have much more information about these consoles than previously, a lot is still unknown. Firstly, we don’t have any official information regarding the pricing of those next-gen consoles. This leaves a lot to speculate about. How much would you be willing to pay for a brand-new console in 2020? Additionally, an exact release date has yet to be announced, other than a planned ‘Holiday 2020’ window.

But it’s safe to say that you should start saving if you want to be among the first to enjoy next-gen console gaming. So which one will be your pick based on what we know so far? And do share what led to your decision below!

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After A Month With PS5 And Xbox Series X, Which Is Better?

Conclusion:

You can’t really go wrong with either, but it’s no surprise Sony is ahead and likely will be this whole generation.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...box-series-x-which-is-better/?sh=3c46b2ab3e89:

Series-X is the superior system. Although it may lack exclusives it does bring all generation backwards compatibility and also the DEV mode that supports retroarch and (some) PS2 games playback and not to mention the expandable memory

PS5 is like an iPhone its very popular but very limited

Series-X is more like an android it may not be as popular but it is more powerful and it has more things to offer

Last edited by Goku1992A,

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Series-X is the superior system. Although it may lack exclusives it does bring all generation backwards compatibility and also the DEV mode that supports retroarch and (some) PS2 games playback and not to mention the expandable memory

PS5 is like an iPhone its very popular but very limited

Series-X is more like an android it may not be as popular but it is more powerful and it has more things to offer

Superior.... Really! Now why would it be superior, because nobody mentions that in their reviews of the xbsx.

It's a matter of preference. But have a look at everyone's reviews and then tell me who prefers what. Microsoft is the "hooker" on the street... Doesn't want to stand out or be different, just wants to get as much money as possible from as many people as possible. That's why every game that is available for Windows, is also available to Xbox.
Backwards compatibility you say... I'm good thanks, I've played those games many times already so I'll take those exclusives instead Sony!

Why don't you please list what Microsoft has "more to offer".... Because I'm not seeing it...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here's a few polls for you... Look, we can still be friends even though you bought the Xbox series x, just don't spread lies about which one is more preferred.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...ow-that-microsoft-may-need-to-be-worried/amp/

Or

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gi...ore-gamers-will-buy-sonys-nextgen-console?amp

Last edited by White_Raven_X,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@White_Raven_X
I already mentioned that the PS5 will be the more popular system. I will end up getting both PS5 and Series-X in the next 3 years after the prices drop. I'm just pointing out the Series-X have extra features than the PS5. The PS5 will always outsell the Series-X but Microsoft will still have those people that will buy them

As of right now they are both sold out so it's up in the air

Series-X
Legacy BC from Xbox-Xbox One
Expansion Storage
Xbox One Controllers work with Series-X
DEV Mode which include retroarch support + Kodi (Free Movies and repos)
Microsoft exclusives (Also can be played on PC) **If your PC is good enough**

PS5
BC with only PS4
No Expansion Storage support at this time
PS4 Controller only works with PS4 games
Sony exclusives

White_Raven_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@White_Raven_X
I already mentioned that the PS5 will be the more popular system. I will end up getting both PS5 and Series-X in the next 3 years after the prices drop. I'm just pointing out the Series-X have extra features than the PS5. The PS5 will always outsell the Series-X but Microsoft will still have those people that will buy them

Series-X
Expansion Storage

PS5
BC with only PS4
Sony exclusives

How about the new tempest engine (3d audio), or the dual sense controllers, or how about the increased frame rates on the Ps5... You don't mention those...

White_Raven_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@White_Raven_X

Series-X
Expansion Storage

PS5
BC with only PS4
Sony exclusives
I almost forgot... Xbox series x will be selling external expansion drives that are "dedicated" to the Xbox, while playstation will allow you to use any nvme drive of your liking. Meaning if you have more money you can get a bigger drive.

Last edited by White_Raven_X,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about the new tempest engine (3d audio), or the dual sense controllers, or how about the increased frame rates on the Ps5... You don't mention those...

Yes I forgot to mention those but me personally I'm going to buy both in the next 3 years. As of right now to me neither is worth the $500

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...