kryptkillor

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't know much about R4 but I believe since if DSlink can do a update to support SDHC, why not the R4. I'm still waitin for an update to see if it will support it or not before I buy it. Planning on also getting either a CycloDS or Ace RPG, and M3 Real as an alternative to R4 if it doesn't support SDHC.

sylux92

Trophies
Website
nbcustomwebsites.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't know much about R4 but I believe since if DSlink can do a update to support SDHC, why not the R4.  I'm still waitin for an update to see if it will support it or not before I buy it.  Planning on also getting either a CycloDS or Ace RPG, and M3 Real as an alternative to R4 if it doesn't support SDHC.
Yes but the DSLink has built in memory for firmware. The r4 you put it on the card, so i dont see how its possible.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't see SDHC coming out for the R4 anytime soon. Just because they said it will have it, doesn't mean they've figured it out. Like sylux92 said, the R4 stores all its firmware on the microSD card, not on onboard memory, so reading the HC sector of microSD cards is a large issue. I think it would be a cool feature, but I don't think it would happen anytime soon.

suineg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Items that support SD but not SDHC usually see half of the memory.

I am sure it's a software patch that is necessary and the card should be able to be seen.

I haven't bought one yet to see if the R4 will even recognize it like a lot of items.

Nio

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What happend to end of the week ... its already end of the month.
I really would like to see the "pokemon connection" (wii/DS) before the pal version of pokemon comes out...

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually it's is a good point that as the R4DS needs to read the card to load the firmware, then it isn't possible to get SDHC support because it would not be able to [loop] read the card to load the firmware [/loop]

Unless they have some way of flashing new firmware into the cart itself? I have not been aware of the R4 being flashable for firmware?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's been said in the podcast that the R4 team is just making a new revision R4 to support SDHC. All owners of the original (or case updated ones, for that matter) are screwed for SDHC support.
dry.gif

Now the new question is whether owners of the old version will get anymore updates. I figure that unless they are going to make sweeping changes to the new revision (onboard flashable, different GUI, etc.) the firmwares might just be interchangeable between the 2 carts since they likely will only be adding the SDHC compatibility to the hardware.

We can hope anyway.

Ad_Enuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SDHC support isn't a deal breaker for me, the R4 team have come up trumps with their support time and time again and personally i think the R4 for its money is quite simply brilliant. Of course moving forward I'd like to hold more and more games etc, but in reality the top rated games for DS still can be held on a 2Gb card without the need for SDHC higher capacity. At this point I'm looking forward to the bug fixes and arm7fix issues to be resolved....having had a SC miniSD and SC DS One in the past, the R4's simplistic easy to use software and kernel means it simply works straight away almost 99% of the time.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SDHC support isn't a deal breaker for me, the R4 team have come up trumps with their support time and time again
Not rly... all the emails i send them never get responded to and their website desperately needs updating (it says 2006 at the bottom!) also, not putting the official forums back up is not very nice for newbies looking for support. i nvr knew this site existed until someone linked it in the r4 forums.
frown.gif

jincongz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And now that M3 gets a new website, i think one of two things will happen.
They will fold, or they will redo everything.

I only want SDHC for the speed.

Ad_Enuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not really... all the emails i send them never get responded to and their website desperately needs updating (it says 2006 at the bottom!) also, not putting the official forums back up is not very nice for newbies looking for support. i nvr knew this site existed until someone linked it in the r4 forums.Â
frown.gif

I'm not being funny or anything, but do you really expect an individual response from a company that MUST receive 1000's of emails a day whinging on about the R4 not working with the Wii so Pokemon Battle Revolution works or when is Worms 2 going to be fixed etc?

As for their website being out of date? the copyright information doesn't mean the site hasn't been updated, the last update was the 14th September 2007. As for the Forums on http://r4ds.net they were taken down due to fraudulent activity. The official site doesn't have any forums. R4 communicate mainly on Hacken.cc.

carlthewinner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it has been over a month now and no word on the new update.
nds.gif
I bought a 2GB card for my R4, as for the MicroSDHC card I have, I just bought an adapter to use it in my PSP.
psp.gif
I am glad I can put it to use. Hopefully Our friends at R4 won't let us down.

ThumpieBunnyEve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nov 21. Not a peep.
If they want to get in on the Christmas rush,
they better get their tail in gear, and release some word, before Dec.

Or they might find themselves Kaput, in the face of December composition.

I need to buy my brother a Slot one device that supports 4gig or 8gig SDHC.

Any other options out yet? As R4v2 or SDHC-Firmware-patch is decidedly a no-show,
and the R4 team can't get their act together to even release a Estimated schedule?

hate2.gif

-Gurr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.