Android Nexus S or Captivate?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, the other day I saw a Google Nexus S and a Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S variant) at a used electronics store. Both were the same price ($145) and neither had scratches or anything, and as far as I could tell, they both worked fine. I am looking for an upgrade to my current phone (just some cheap crappy phone) and I thought that one of these would be good. I will mainly use the phone for internet browsing (over wi-fi, not 3g), music, games, and a bit of texting, so I was wondering which one you guys recommend I get?

Thanks for the help! :yay:

Samsung Captivate: http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/mobile/mobile-phones/smartphones/SGH-I896ZKARWC/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

Google Nexus S: http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/mobile/mobile-phones/smartphones/GT-I9020FSMBMC/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
The specs of both are near identical so both are good . The only main difference between the 2 is their shape so see if you like one better than the other. If you don't really care about that then go for Nexus S .

person66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only thing about the Nexus S is that you cant use an SD card with it, although I am not sure I would ever fill up the 16gb. And if I go with the captivate, then apparently the battery on it isn't that great. Can you store (and run) apps on an SD card, because that is what would use most of my space for, and if you can't then I will definitely go with the Nexus S

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
You can't directly install apps on sd but you can transfer most of the apps data to the sd but its something not really practical as not all apps can do that & it causes some noticeable slowdown in some apps especially when you got 16gb laying around . 16gb should be enough to get several hundreds of apps installed which is way more than enough so unless your music collection is several gb big you will probably won't ever need an sd .

emugirl1994

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
formspring.me
XP
Country
United States
They're pretty much the same spec wise, but the Nexus S is probably better since it runs stock Android. Also, if you want the cool factor, the Nexus S has a curved glass screen.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Go with Samsung. They make great products. There's a reason their stuff outsells from companies like sony by a 5 to 1 margin.
You're telling him to buy both o_0 because as far as I'm aware the galaxy nexus is manufactured by samsung (as well as being co developed by Google themselves)

I would go for the galaxy nexus, just for Ice Cream Sandwich, the glalaxy s captivate isn't going to get a ICS port for a while.

person66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Go with Samsung. They make great products. There's a reason their stuff outsells from companies like sony by a 5 to 1 margin.
I am. They are both made by Samsung. Anyway, I think that I will go with the Nexus S. I checked my 32GB iPod Touch and with all my games, pictures, apps, and music on it, I am still a bit under 16gb, so the 16gb in the Nexus S should be good enough for me. Thanks everyone for the help! :)

Reactions: 1 person

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like my captivate. i got no issues with it, has cm7 on it and its great.

realistically go with galaxy s 2 but that is not always realisitc!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu