OP
Trophies
Website
www.ndsretro.com
XP
Country
First (re)release for the GBA.
Should play a lot of games (slowly).
2 things to be aware of, the game cartridges for the NGP don't contain "ROM" but is actual flash memory, some of the blocks are not protected and this is used for saves, the bios always writes to the last block on each boot up. On the GBA emulator I don't allow changes to the flash memory since the game resides in the GBA cartridge.
https://github.com/FluBBaOfWard/NGPGBA/releases

Last edited by FluBBa,

FluBBa

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ndsretro.com
XP
Country
I got stuck in trying to get sound working in Rockman Battles & Fatal Fury without the bios, but I finally found a huge bug in my HLE BIOS code so now a lot more games should work without a BIOS.
  • Fixed writing to scroll registers.
  • Optimized K2GE access.
  • Added speedhack for Big Bang Pro Wrestling.
  • More games should work without a BIOS.

https://github.com/FluBBaOfWard/NGPGBA/releases/tag/v0.5.5

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Wait. This is from 2022? I somewhat expected this post to be necrobumped from back in 2006 or so.

Great to see you're still doing GBA stuff, @FluBBa. Can't wait to try this later.

Reactions: FluBBa

jajabinx35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really want to get this working.

Got my flashcard ready....managed to run the .gba file but it doesn't detect my .ngp roms. Is there any instructions to get this working?

MrJugon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I got stuck in trying to get sound working in Rockman Battles & Fatal Fury without the bios, but I finally found a huge bug in my HLE BIOS code so now a lot more games should work without a BIOS.
  • Fixed writing to scroll registers.
  • Optimized K2GE access.
  • Added speedhack for Big Bang Pro Wrestling.
  • More games should work without a BIOS.
Hello!

Excuse me for asking you, how do you put this emulator in ez flash and make it work? I’m somewhat lost.

Thanks a lot

Reactions: jajabinx35

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping some instructions do come...
1.) Rename the header file to whatever you want, then open up the header file in a hex editor.

2.) Replace the placeholder game name with the game's name. If the name is less than 30 characters, remember to null out the left over characters. Once you have done, you can save it and close out of the hex editor.

3.) In the command prompt, merge both the emulator ROM, the header, and the NGP ROM using the following command:

NGINX:
copy /b "NGPGBA.GBA"+"game.header"+"rom.ngp" "output.gba"

4.) A new ROM file should be outputted. Open up the finalised ROM using either an emulator or run it on your preferred flashcard.

Managed to do this successfully using "Fatal Fury - First Contact".

NGPGBA-0.png

Last edited by SylverReZ,

jajabinx35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1.) Rename the header file to whatever you want, then open up the header file in a hex editor.

2.) Replace the placeholder game name with the game's name. If the name is less than 30 characters, remember to null out the left over characters. Once you have done, you can save it and close out of the hex editor.

3.) In the command prompt, merge both the emulator ROM, the header, and the NGP ROM using the following command:

NGINX:
copy /b "NGPGBA.GBA"+"game.header"+"rom.ngp" "output.gba"

4.) A new ROM file should be outputted. Open up the finalised ROM using either an emulator or run it on your preferred flashcard.
Post automatically merged:

Managed to do this successfully using "Fatal Fury - First Contact".

View attachment 337054
You sir are awesome. I will try this as soon as I get home. Would love to see how it runs.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You sir are awesome. I will try this as soon as I get home. Would love to see how it runs.
I hope my guide has helped you.

The emulation is really slow. If you want to play it at the speed that its supposed to run at, run the emulator in "mGBA", set the fast forward speed to '5x' then enable the fast forward option.

Last edited by SylverReZ,
Reactions: jajabinx35

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F