Nibel, popular gaming news Twitter account, quits the platform

nibel.JPG

With over 444,000 followers on Twitter, Nibel (@Nibellion) has been one of the most popular accounts on the platform for their timely and diligent reports on (mostly) gaming news. If you're on Twitter, there's a good chance you've stumbled on that account or their tweets. However, the owner of the account announced today that they are stopping their activity on the social media and have already locked their account (but not deleting it so it's not grabbed for malicious purposes, reads the account's final tweet which you can see below).

nibel 2.png

Last month, Nibel launched a Patreon page for people to support their Twitter activity but that too is being taken down. In the latest Patreon post (behind a paywall), Nibel provides further details about their decision:

I’ve learned a lot in a short period of time. Unfortunately, I was not able to create an interesting and sustainable Patreon which is evident in the number of Patrons stagnating during the first weekend and the first (of many) pledges being deleted during the first week. I have miscalculated the value of my Twitter activity and realize that it is nothing worth supporting by itself for the vast majority of people. It is not me who is popular, but it is that work that is useful. It is not valuable by itself, but a comfortable timesaver, and I get that now. I was unable to create a reliable revenue stream, but l’m still happy I gave it a shot. And I want to thank everybody on here who gave me a shot as well. I’ll look into refunds for recent payments, have already deactivated the billing and will likely close this page this week.

Nibel also cited issues with Twitter as a platform, which were further fuelled by Elon Musk's takeover:

I don’t think that Twitter has yet experienced good leadership, and this trend will not change with Musk either. I do not trust the platform. I do not trust Musk and his seemingly infinite immaturity. I do not think Twitter will fall apart instantly but that it could die a slow death. Why waste more time?

:arrow: SOURCE

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't get why people say things will get worst with Elon Musk in charge. There already exists a lot of problems with Twitter, such as there is no freedom of speech and you will get harassed (and possibly ban) for wrong thinking.

Also, just heard from today's news where he claims for each coder, there are 10 people managing them. Never heard of any company with this management setup. And if this is true, this is really messed up in a LOT of ways.

In any case, most of the people that I expect to see to leave Twitter are activists and/or left extremists.
That's what's wrong with Twitter? Not even the mention of Paedophiles actively posting their cheese pizza all over Twitter?

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's what's wrong with Twitter? Not even the mention of Paedophiles actively posting their cheese pizza all over Twitter?
I never said the things I mentioned are the only problems with Twitter. I only gave a few examples. You are more than welcome to add to the list by all means. But it wouldn't change the fact that Twitter prior to Elon Musk owning is shit for the last couple of years.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who? o right i don't use twitter because it's a cesspool
I deleted my account back in 2017 and never created a new one again.

Facebook? Tried for a short while, then deleted.

Instagram? Nope. Never.

TikTok? God, no.

MySpace? haha! The memories of the guy waving hello.

Edit: He didn't wave hello, he smiled. My memory's changing how I remembered him. :P

4efd9b8b69bedd682c000022

Last edited by Marc_LFD,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not the police i'm referring to...i'm not above and beyond punching a nazi in the face...or like my granddad did and i put one down.
Jeez, people these days think there's Nazis everywhere and don't mind making violent threats.

Better check under your bed, in your closet, behind your couch, in your second house.. them Nazis are everywhere. :ph34r:

• Haha
Reactions: Megadriver94

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look, you clearly think you're in charge of the conversation...you're not...what you say online, safe in your basement, that's the easy thing...try it out in public sometime...see what happens.
I go outside daily, and don't see everyone outside as a Nazi. I also don't randomly threaten people online, who think differently than me. You wouldn't do shit if you actually met a "Nazi" irl.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even before Musk was toying with buying Twitter, I think people should have bailed on the platform. It's a social media app that I have never understood the appeal of, you want to hear the random thoughts of a celebrity? How about being advertised to with edgy gen z Twitter marketing? Then boy do I know the platform just for you. The only good I've ever seen in it, is that it's a place where contests are often held, it's the only real reason I even have a Twitter account that I never use beyond trying to sign up for such a contest, and there is no reason why such contests have to be restricted to Twitter and can't instead just be on another social media site with more purpose. It's always seemed so dang pointless to me. So whatever anyone's reason for bailing on the platform today, I say good for you, get one of those cancerous social media platforms out of your life for good.

Reactions: ChaosEternal

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even before Musk was toying with buying Twitter, I think people should have bailed on the platform. It's a social media app that I have never understood the appeal of, you want to hear the random thoughts of a celebrity? How about being advertised to with edgy gen z Twitter marketing? Then boy do I know the platform just for you. The only good I've ever seen in it, is that it's a place where contests are often held, it's the only real reason I even have a Twitter account that I never use beyond trying to sign up for such a contest, and there is no reason why such contests have to be restricted to Twitter and can't instead just be on another social media site with more purpose. It's always seemed so dang pointless to me. So whatever anyone's reason for bailing on the platform today, I say good for you, get one of those cancerous social media platforms out of your life for good.
wonder if all those ps devs will bail too shame cause not every platform will look at hacking consoles with a blind eye

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...