Nibel, popular gaming news Twitter account, quits the platform

nibel.JPG

With over 444,000 followers on Twitter, Nibel (@Nibellion) has been one of the most popular accounts on the platform for their timely and diligent reports on (mostly) gaming news. If you're on Twitter, there's a good chance you've stumbled on that account or their tweets. However, the owner of the account announced today that they are stopping their activity on the social media and have already locked their account (but not deleting it so it's not grabbed for malicious purposes, reads the account's final tweet which you can see below).

nibel 2.png

Last month, Nibel launched a Patreon page for people to support their Twitter activity but that too is being taken down. In the latest Patreon post (behind a paywall), Nibel provides further details about their decision:

I’ve learned a lot in a short period of time. Unfortunately, I was not able to create an interesting and sustainable Patreon which is evident in the number of Patrons stagnating during the first weekend and the first (of many) pledges being deleted during the first week. I have miscalculated the value of my Twitter activity and realize that it is nothing worth supporting by itself for the vast majority of people. It is not me who is popular, but it is that work that is useful. It is not valuable by itself, but a comfortable timesaver, and I get that now. I was unable to create a reliable revenue stream, but l’m still happy I gave it a shot. And I want to thank everybody on here who gave me a shot as well. I’ll look into refunds for recent payments, have already deactivated the billing and will likely close this page this week.

Nibel also cited issues with Twitter as a platform, which were further fuelled by Elon Musk's takeover:

I don’t think that Twitter has yet experienced good leadership, and this trend will not change with Musk either. I do not trust the platform. I do not trust Musk and his seemingly infinite immaturity. I do not think Twitter will fall apart instantly but that it could die a slow death. Why waste more time?

:arrow: SOURCE

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Regarding Musk, I predict in less than a year he’ll decide it’s way more of a pain in the ass than he thought, and will dump it at a big loss.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who
Post automatically merged:

Regarding Musk, I predict in less than a year he’ll decide it’s way more of a pain in the ass than he thought, and will dump it at a big loss.
Like every project he announces it was just for attention and will blow up in his face.

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
rip nibellion
i kinda wish the death of twitter was a speedrun
would just be funny to see it implode on itself, as if it hasn't a billion times already

people say to join fediverses and i think the idea is fine on paper but in reality it's just a small discord sized social media
when in that case just have a group chat...
"join me on mastodon"
1667261922851.png

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Another "popular" unknown for me.

He argues immaturity while taking a decision that hasn't taken into consideration all his readers (or at least those that care -if any-), good move there.

One thing I've learnt over the time is that none of us is irreplaceable. One leaves, thousands are walking behind, but not necessarily following steps.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
The part about his patreon page is a bit sad to read, I think he could keep it up, even if it wasn't exactly what he envisioned there surely is a public that would gladly support him over time.

Now for those acting like the platform will automatically get worse now that it is owned by Elon Musk... Where have you been all these years? Twitter has always been a dumpster fire, people have been using it to say and share disturbing things and commit actual harassment for years with no effective moderation whatsoever, it just can't get any worse.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I miss when social media and online platforms encouraged you to NOT give out your IRL info.

These people threatening to quit Twitter, will be like Conservatives in the US, who threaten to quit Twitter after Trump got banned. They won't do shit. If they do actually go through with their word, then good.

Reactions: ChaosEternal

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m sorry, was Donald Trump or Andrew Tate harassing you on Twitter? I think not. The primary goal of Elon owning Twitter is to not shutdown discourse or make everything one sided partisan just because you disagree with it. From his Twitter:

View attachment 335055
And
View attachment 335056
Bullying is certainly not something that won’t be cracked down upon, they still have standards that they have to adhere to to stay on the App Stores. That being said, kowtowing for one side of the political isle and fueling anger national division will no longer be on the agenda. I don’t think he’ll be reinstating JoeSchmoe2988. Nor will Joe Schmoe2989 not be banned for calling someone the N word, despite what bad actors may want you to believe. Not everything is personal kiddo.

TLDR: Y’all need to calm the fuck down
This, mostly. Indeed, Twitter is not a free-for-all anarchy ground, and neither are Gettr and Minds or the Fediverse, even. However, The terms of the App store and Google Play store are not above questioning. Censorship is indeed a slippery slope, and Twitter mods don't care about how far their power trip goes, ditto for Meta, and similarly so for Amazon and Alaphabet inc. for sure. The_""Catboy"" is an airhead with major TDS, and also is quite self-absorbed, along with having a history of major bouts of self-hatred and at least some depression as well. Yup, so much stability up there. Platforms are not publishers & vice versa. Jack Dorsey lied through his damn teeth when he said that his light censorship of Donald Trump on Twitter was about "the facts". Yet for some reason, he didn't do anything close to such a "fact-check" on literal communists like AOC or Bernie "I went and had my honeymoon in the USSR" Sanders, typical Democrats such as Ian "scoundrel canard maker" Bremmer, nor Nancy Pelosi.
Yeah, about as honest as Salon, Politifact and the like.

Plus, The_Catboy has a track record of supporting Antifa and other Communist causes. I still remember things from back when before I decided to put her on ignore, I saw her say stuff like: "Communism will win" and quoting Marxist kook thinkers who said "when you are accustomed to privilege equality feels like oppression."
Yeah, my ASS! Not everything is about equality, and it's certainly not the standard of nature. I am very much Latino from my Mother's side, and I say SCREW ""Latinx"" and other fucking reality denying subversive trash and utterly pseudo-scientific garbage. such as ""agender"" and ""non-binary"" so-called "gender identities" that are either brain disorders or, if not, some type of mental abnormality. Truly, the meaning of gender being completely different from sex is a big lie. Languages such as French, Latin, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, Italian, The Slavic languages, as well as Japanese, & most of the tongues of Southeast Asia, have ingrained in them a substantial, if not pervasive emphasis on Gender in their grammar and such. (Yes I know that even in Spanish, Italian, Japanese, and any of the Slavic languages, there are neuter words).

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Its weird to see how easy people can be influenced by media. Ive seen people like pro wrestler Mick Foley quit twitter because "democracy is falling apart" thanks to people being able to express themselves...

I think twitter is a terrible platform at the design level, everything is taken out of context and being popular is more important than actually making any sense. But that said, what has caused people who call themselves "liberal" to act like 1950s censors?
That's not what censoring means lmao. If people want to leave a platform because they don't like the new route it's gonna take what's your problem? Are they forced to stay or big kevin wil get angy? Nah, fuck that. And fuck Musk.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This, mostly. Indeed, Twitter is not a free-for-all anarchy ground, and neither are Gettr and Minds or the Fediverse, even. However, The terms of the App store and Google Play store are not above questioning. Censorship is indeed a slippery slope, and Twitter mods don't care about how far their power trip goes, ditto for Meta, and similarly so for Amazon and Alaphabet inc. for sure. The_""Catboy"" is an airhead with major TDS, and also is quite self-absorbed, along with having a history of major bouts of self-hatred and at least some depression as well. Yup, so much stability up there. Platforms are not publishers & vice versa. Jack Dorsey lied through his damn teeth when he said that his light censorship of Donald Trump on Twitter was about "the facts". Yet for some reason, he didn't do anything close to such a "fact-check" on literal communists like AOC or Bernie "I went and had my honeymoon in the USSR" Sanders, typical Democrats such as Ian "scoundrel canard maker" Bremmer, nor Nancy Pelosi.
Yeah, about as honest as Salon, Politifact and the like.

Plus, The_Catboy has a track record of supporting Antifa and other Communist causes. I still remember things from back when before I decided to put her on ignore, I saw her say stuff like: "Communism will win" and quoting Marxist kook thinkers who said "when you are accustomed to privilege equality feels like oppression."
Yeah, my ASS! Not everything is about equality, and it's certainly not the standard of nature. I am very much Latino from my Mother's side, and I say SCREW ""Latinx"" and other fucking reality denying subversive trash and utterly pseudo-scientific garbage. such as ""agender"" and ""non-binary"" so-called "gender identities" that are either brain disorders or, if not, some type of mental abnormality. Truly, the meaning of gender being completely different from sex is a big lie. Languages such as French, Latin, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, Italian, The Slavic languages, as well as Japanese, & most of the tongues of Southeast Asia, have ingrained in them a substantial, if not pervasive emphasis on Gender in their grammar and such. (Yes I know that even in Spanish, Italian, Japanese, and any of the Slavic languages, there are neuter words).
Try to stay on topic instead of having Carboy Rage Syndrome.

squabbled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what a shame, nibel and wario64 were my go to's for quick game news. i'd always have a tweetdeck tab open during events if there were several streams or i couldn't watch for whatever reason. i wish the dude good luck in future whatevers.

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So who is this guy and Twitter got what now.
Twitter is getting that new Youtube make over.
People still read the news 凸( ` ロ ´ )凸
┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌ No wait I LOLIRL
Seriously I cant even stand I am laughing so hard right now _| ̄|○

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eminem sued me all I did was say he was a cannibal molestor
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Rotflmao
    R Kelly dropped the lawsuit after I let him pee on me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your honor he thinks he has white privilege
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If you rap it, its freedom of speech
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gray zone warfare looks kinda cool
    Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a spoof of Captain Planet lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does look good
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just another shit fps clone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought it was some warzone dlc bs
    Looks like an enhanced Far cry 1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol