Nickelodeon Kart Racers announced

IMG_0042.jpg

With the popularity of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and the upcoming Team Sonic Racing, it's no wonder that other companies would try to join in on the kart racing genre. This time, it's Nickelodeon. Spongebob, Rugrats, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles characters will be making their way to the newly announced Nickelodeon Kart Racers. Characters from classic Nick franchises will be represented in this game, which will offer 24 different levels to race through. It'll also offer local multiplayer, as well as a single player campaign. GameMill Entertainment will be publishing the title, which will release on October 23, for Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. There will be both a physical and digital release, for $39.99.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
If those are the only shows represented, that’s pathetic. Of course, the controls will probably suck anyway, so why bother...
Interesting that there's no mention of Fairly Odd Parents, especially after recent controversy. I'm sure there will be more than just that--there's promo art for a Hey Arnold stage.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gimme Rocko or gimme death.
Interesting that there's no mention of Fairly Odd Parents, especially after recent controversy. I'm sure there will be more than just that--there's promo art for a Hey Arnold stage.
Pretty sure Fairly OddParents as a whole's dead after the last season and Butch leaving the company, not just because of the recent controversy.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mario Kart has set the bar quite low* for games of this style, sadly all that also want to play seem content to imitate Mario Kart (getting the copy of the copy and weaker than the original thing going on) rather than taking the concept and running with it.

To that end I still maintain the concept is ripe for the plucking but seeing said copy of a copy thing I am most definitely "I will believe it when I see it".

*I truly do find it a weak series of games. Everything from the menu design to the weapons to the balancing to the tracks. If someone took the happy fun time racing game with weapons concept and really thought about it they could do some incredible things.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seems like a bad idea tbh. Unknown developer and racing games usually never go well. And not to generalize, but these aren't really as remarkable shows as they could be. There's some that are in the middle, but others are just meh. Most unexciting announcement of this month probs.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart has set the bar quite low* for games of this style, sadly all that also want to play seem content to imitate Mario Kart (getting the copy of the copy and weaker than the original thing going on) rather than taking the concept and running with it.

To that end I still maintain the concept is ripe for the plucking but seeing said copy of a copy thing I am most definitely "I will believe it when I see it".

*I truly do find it a weak series of games. Everything from the menu design to the weapons to the balancing to the tracks. If someone took the happy fun time racing game with weapons concept and really thought about it they could do some incredible things.
What's wrong with Mario Kart? It's the best kart racer out there, and practically invented the genre. It's a shame not much else original is out there, but if you don't like Mario Kart, you probably don't like the genre itself much.

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with Mario Kart? It's the best kart racer out there, and practically invented the genre. It's a shame not much else original is out there, but if you don't like Mario Kart, you probably don't like the genre itself much.
Power Drift invented the genre. Mario Kart popularized it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, That's when Victor invented the Rusty Trombone!