Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
TwinRetro said:
Celice said:
Nintendo continues to say fuck-you to disabled gamers by pushing features not everyone can accomplish.

Good job people-friendly Nintendo.

Yeah! Damn Nintendo for not letting you turn the 3D off!!! Oh, wait....

Not making fun of you, but seriously, if it's in 3D, and you can turn it off, what are you mad about? That they included 3D in the first place?
I think he means the fact that not everyone can walk. Bye Play Coins!
Hello Washing Machine!
biggrin.gif

I'm sure there will be a way to cheat the Pedometer

My general view on all this hub-bub. Is it worth buying day 1? no. Am I gonna do it anyway? of course.
The DS library alone is a big enough push [the same way the GBA library was for the original DS] Plus the fact that I still own a DSL, sooo, I think an upgrade is due. Plus that 3D photo taking feature is pretty nifty

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
GundamXXX said:
SOS-Rens said:
Jodyza said:
€250,- in the Netherlands, that's the same prize for the Wii when it launched.

It will be released on the 25th of March in the Netherlands.

Source

Huh it says €229.99
biggrin.gif
Everywhere keeps changing prizes every minute Ive noticed
changed back to €249,99 again
note the usage of . and , in numbers is switched in dutch

D

Deleted User

that son-of-a-bastard translator just makes me want to kick his retarded face in.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hop2089 said:
Goli said:
TwinRetro said:
Celice said:
Nintendo continues to say fuck-you to disabled gamers by pushing features not everyone can accomplish.

Not making fun of you, but seriously, if it's in 3D, and you can turn it off, what are you mad about? That they included 3D in the first place?
I think he means the fact that not everyone can walk. Bye Play Coins!

If that person has a sibling that can walk, they can use them to get play coins from walking instead, it's cruel but it works.
Ummm seriously? It sucks and all but if youre going to complain about it and they change it I will complain about it not being there.

Stop your whining

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow nice onely one friend code! So basically a username for your 3DS
biggrin.gif

And judgeing by the launch trailer, the 3DS will have some kind of active online system akin to the 360 and PS3

Sorry i havn't actually seen the presentation, is it over?

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Celice said:

Nothing about 3D... how would 3D even be an adversity to someone disabled? Especially since the only problem here really is positioning, and when the feature can be disabled, there's no problem at all.

The Wii and DS set themselves up to have more immersion by demanding more interaction through dexterity. Normal peeps don't have a problem with this, because the games require less action than essentially all other feathers of daily life. But for a lot of disabled gamers, the Wii and DS were starting to push the boundaries of what they can play. Requiring lifting and positioning of a stylus, and then aiming and swinging of a wiimote basically screws off anyone who has loss a good amount of muscle functionality. No, not all disabled gamers are kicked off the gaming bucket. But there's a bunch of people who are, because where Nintendo can have both controller and unique controls, they most often push the unique, even though a small amount of effort would make playing possible of a larger audience range. My brother has Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy, and at this point, all he can do is move his fingers. Buttons are pretty much doable so long as they're easy to get access too--and as long as you can move your fingers. We can set him up and prop him around a controller, and he's pretty much able to play most things like he did growing up on the NES and SNES, N64, whatever. But this demand of higher dexterity is ostracizing gamers who otherwise have no reason to be. Fans of Nintendo are getting shafted. A minority, very much so, but that doesn't make it any more justified.

It's way too early to tell, but I don't like this new area being walked into about lifting the system to have in-game movement, turning it to and fro. It's cool and nifty, but on the track record Nintendo has, where it's implemented, it's going to be mandatory, even though the analog nub or D-pad would suffice for the same feature. What's the problem is not the use of new ways of playing, but making these ways mandatory.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
titantim said:
No no, They're selling them here in about a month for 250,000 yen. And seeing as the yen is much stronger than the dollar now, its kind of expensive, so all the more reason to buy a US one.
Yen is nowhere near as strong as the dollar.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
ProtoKun7 said:
titantim said:
No no, They're selling them here in about a month for 250,000 yen. And seeing as the yen is much stronger than the dollar now, its kind of expensive, so all the more reason to buy a US one.
Yen is nowhere near as strong as the dollar.

^^This. In what level of Wonderland is the Yen stronger than the Dollar?

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Celice said:
Nothing about 3D... how would 3D even be an adversity to someone disabled? Especially since the only problem here really is positioning, and when the feature can be disabled, there's no problem at all.

The Wii and DS set themselves up to have more immersion by demanding more interaction through dexterity. Normal peeps don't have a problem with this, because the games require less action than essentially all other feathers of daily life. But for a lot of disabled gamers, the Wii and DS were starting to push the boundaries of what they can play. Requiring lifting and positioning of a stylus, and then aiming and swinging of a wiimote basically screws off anyone who has loss a good amount of muscle functionality. No, not all disabled gamers are kicked off the gaming bucket. But there's a bunch of people who are, because where Nintendo can have both controller and unique controls, they most often push the unique, even though a small amount of effort would make playing possible of a larger audience range. My brother has Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy, and at this point, all he can do is move his fingers. Buttons are pretty much doable so long as they're easy to get access too--and as long as you can move your fingers. We can set him up and prop him around a controller, and he's pretty much able to play most things like he did growing up on the NES and SNES, N64, whatever. But this demand of higher dexterity is ostracizing gamers who otherwise have no reason to be. Fans of Nintendo are getting shafted. A minority, very much so, but that doesn't make it any more justified.

I used to make I/O devices for the disabled. This sometimes included modding games controllers. So the fact that they force one control method when the other would work just as well if not better is a pet peave of my own. But while this may be a step backwards for your brother, I have seen other disabled people who motion controls and touch screens have actually made gaming technology accessible to for the first time. So I'd actually like them to include all possible control options in each game, even if you have to have a PC style layout editor for non standard ones.

But, and I hope this doesn't sound horrible, I really hope there are some games that just wouldn't work with normal controls this time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P