Nintendo 3DS Worldwide Price Cut announced, GBA/NES for 3DS VC

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nice touch nintendo ... but i would have preferred buying with the price cut.
They are all old games i have on my GBA + NES on NDS emulators, and hardly any new content on the 3DS for far.
But i guess ill have 20 "new" games coming to my SD card soon
smile.gif

Edit: If Yoshi's Island had a 3D effect ... id sh*t my pants with joy!

ShadowSonic2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadowsonic2.com
XP
Country
Chad
Awesome news for new owners. Kind of sad that I got the 3DS so early now. I'm glad they're giving us 20 free Virtual Consoles at least, wouldn't say I'm satisfied until I see the full 20 games. Looks like Amazon and other retailers are already taking pre-orders. Amazon link here for anyone who wants. Amazon's buy one game get one free for the 3DS is also active. So might be a good time to pre-order.

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Slyakin said:
And then Final Fantasy 15 will be a full-fledged FF game for the 3DS and we'll all live happily ever after.
wub.gif

This statement surprises me. How can anyone still have faith in Square Enix after Final Fantasy XIII? I wouldn't ever buy or even play one of their games again.

On a topic-related note: I sure hope that GBA games will eventually support a multiplayer mode. That would be awesome!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ZPE said:
Bladexdsl said:
ihackedit said:
Would it be bad for me to import from america being in australia?
no that's what i'm gonna do. just buy a charger on ebay so you can charge it.

Are the games not region locked as well as any online services?
import the games too we always get shafted on release dates anyway. as for online it should work anywhere.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
I would do it for Yoshi's island alone
biggrin.gif

Yeah, that's me too. Yoshi's Island is prolly my favorite of all the Mario games, even more than SMB3.

I'm pretty happy about this deal ... bought my own 3DS in early June, so I'll get the 20 VC games. But I've got two kids who'll each be getting a 3DS for Christmas, and my wife (who is Japanese) wants to get an import 3DS so she can play Doubutsu no Mori. She's perfectly fluent in English and Japanese (of course) and she says the dialogue in the Animal Crossing/Doubutsu no Mori games is much better and funnier in Japanese.

(Both of my kids chose other presents for their birthdays, in case you're wondering how dad ended up with a 3DS first.)

Anyway, my 3DS will get the free goodies, and the 3 others I'll end up buying thru the next year will be at the lower price. Win/Win!!

I would appreciate it though if Nintendo sent a notification to current owners to let us know we were on the "Ambassador" list. I'd like to be a little more secure in knowing I had those free downloads coming for sure before the deadline.

Nocturno

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
170$ is a more reasonable price, now they just need to change the design and make it more like DSi, I hate the glossy finish, it doesn´t stay clean for even 5 minutes.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feels Good Man said:
Slyakin said:
Ikki said:
Half Life 3

I win.
Don't you mean Half Life Episode 3?
tongue.gif

And back on topic, I can't believe they're selling on loss now. It's a really small loss though; Around the 1000 - 2000 yen mark?

They said they dropped the Episodic model. It's right to assume that it'll be HL3 from now on
Oh come on, we all know Valve can't count to 3.

zRussian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really awesome! Now I don't feel like I spent too much money on the 3DS after knowing I will be getting 10 NES games and 10 GBA games for free.

saviorkross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NoOneDies said:
Would rather 80$ worth of nintendo points
closedeyes.gif

Ditto.

Shame there will probably be no multiplayer support for the gba games. Mario kart just isn't the same unless you're owning your friends at it.
frown.gif

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NoOneDies said:
Would rather 80$ worth of nintendo points
closedeyes.gif

But they don't have points for the e-shop plus than you have to pay tax. You don't mean you wanted 80 dollars worth of points for the wii. Do you self a favor and hack ur wii if you have not already.

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Just hope that they do the same to brazillian users. Lots of time we just get out of this deals, even when we pay a lot more for the console than the rest of the world.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
...i don't know if i should be happy or not... but i guess bottomline is, i should. even though i paid premium to get my 3DS, this price drop basically means that more people will be able to afford it, meaning more people to play with, and improved chances of getting a streetpass tag.

the freebie NES and GBA games though, i dunno... even if we were early adopters, i'm not gonna cross my fingers hoping that i'll be able to download these as well. especially now that Nintendo is being a dick with the region-blocking fad... i'm not gonna be surprised if these so called "freebies" are slapped with region-blocking along the way as well.

i dunno what smiley to use; happy/sad?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with Lockable Door and Window, Outdoor Storage Shed with Restroom & Cabinet, Perfect for Hotel, Kiosk, Booth(19 x 20FT) https://a.co/d/ab1dd5t
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pretty cool actually
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I feel pain on the left side of my stomach
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 looks neat, i would want one in the boonies
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Read the reviews
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    honestly, seems like a great option for temporary housing, but the reviews seems iffy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm sure i could build one with the schematics if made available
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the 2nd pic dun show much, just topdown view of the layout
  • Y @ yqw:
    someone has a cheat table for need for speed most wanted 2012?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cheat codes 911 catch the crazy drivers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I mean that game came out on every game system, so lets be a little more vague.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need cheats for GTA v, lol. And why ask here, go look for them yo self!
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    make 'em , they're not hard to do
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Fast and Furious Night Rider crossover !
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Rocks going to get mad when he heard he got cheated on
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea my monitors are definitely more than 3.9 feet away from my pc tower. But not like I'm gonna be buying a $3000 graphics card/monitor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Let the bed bugs bite
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    That's truly a 9D64B8_14A2C6A294CA2_000.ppm moment (please help i am addicted to TJAaRP)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut TF?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i went through 4 monitors in 2 years, shit keeps breaking
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: i went through 4 monitors in 2 years, shit keeps breaking