Nintendo announces first smartphone game: Miitomo

1494780741459268425.jpg

Today Nintendo announced it's first mobile game:
Miitomo.

From the WSJ:
Nintendo has introduced its long-awaited and highly anticipated first smartphone app, called Miitomo, but pushed back the release date to the spring of next year. The title is a new franchise for the company– first of five smartphone apps Nintendo plans to release by March 2016. But we’re not sure whether to call Miitomo a game. Users will design their own avatars, or miis, to communicate with other users.

1494780741710839625.jpg

1494780741594805065.jpg

:arrow:WSJ

BlueOnClues

GBAtemp's Burgerpants
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just made some xDelta patches for Star Sapphire 1.1 to add Reisyukaku's Bust May Mod. Just download xDelta GUI and add the patche that you want to Star Sapphire 1.1's cia, which can be found on that iso site on a thread called "Pokemon 3DS hacks collection"
. (None of this patches work on the original Pokemon Alpha Sapphire cia)
The original Star Sapphire 1.1's cia's MD5 is this one: f2c9380e1a34676f38af3c88a5f61789
(MD5 of the uncompressed cia file, not the zip file)

Links:

Patch to Star Sapphire + Bust May Mod (Final result is Star Sapphire mod + Bust May Mod)

Patch to Original Pokemon Alpha Sapphire + Busty May Mod (Final result is Original Alpha Sapphire + Bust May Mod)

Credits to Reisyukaku (Bust May mod creator), DioVento (Star Sapphire mod creator) and Asia81 (rom decrypting tutorial)

It's already free lol

wait . wha . WEL WELL WELL GUESS THOSE TOMIDACHI BUYERS FUQED UP LOL

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

CeIIophane

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Why would I want such restrictive means of communication on a platform that already has What's app, Facebook chat, Skype, Line and everything else?

Miitomo so far looks like the biggest waste of time and effort I've ever seen. Not even worth a curious download.
How can they make such a big step forward with the new Nintendo Accounts and still botch communication this badly is beyond me.

1. According to the statistics the app gathers from the questions you answer (which probably aren't as personal as you apparently think they'll be) it uses your answers and finds other people who have similar answers/interests and lets you and the person chat and get to know each other. You obviously didn't read that part.

2. Personally, I think Miitomo is a really great first-approach into the Appstore for Nintendo. You're just being over-critical about the topic and you're just raging over the fact that Nintendo isn't putting an original Mario game on the app store when you could just play an actual Mario game on an actual Nintendo platform. xD It'd be a bad idea to approach the app store with your most popular and well-known game, you know? It's the same as if you decide you want to start exercising: if you first start out by running for 3 hours, you're gonna end up in the hospital or something because you're not used to exercising so much. Same for Nintendo: what if the first smartphone game they make is a Mario game and it turns out nobody likes it? If they start with Miitomo and see good results, then they'll consider making bigger and better games. If Miitomo is shitty and doesn't get them enough profit, they won't attempt to make another app. Simple.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i swear its a cheap version of tomodachi
well you obviously missed the whole point of the app :wink:

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. According to the statistics the app gathers from the questions you answer (which probably aren't as personal as you apparently think they'll be)
It is supposed to ask me about my Hobbies, interests and thoughts even my friends wouldn't know about. They directly say that. What about it isn't as personal as I think if I'm hiding it from my friends?

it uses your answers and finds other people who have similar answers/interests and lets you and the person chat and get to know each other. You obviously didn't read that part.
You can only chat with people who you have registered as friends, explicitly stating that you need to dedicate to the friendship status before being able to add as a friend. You can't chat with that person you battled with in Pokemon last night and ask for a rematch. You can only talk to friend who you probably already have in your what's app list or Line if you're Japanese.

You're just being over-critical about the topic and you're just raging over the fact that Nintendo isn't putting an original Mario game on the app store when you could just play an actual Mario game on an actual Nintendo platform. xD It'd be a bad idea to approach the app store with your most popular and well-known game, you know? It's the same as if you decide you want to start exercising: if you first start out by running for 3 hours, you're gonna end up in the hospital or something because you're not used to exercising so much. Same for Nintendo: what if the first smartphone game they make is a Mario game and it turns out nobody likes it? If they start with Miitomo and see good results, then they'll consider making bigger and better games. If Miitomo is shitty and doesn't get them enough profit, they won't attempt to make another app. Simple.
The really bad comparison aside, they're working with f*cking DeNA on it and I doubt their partnership consists of just one app and then we'll see later. It's hard to botch a game up if you allow them to do their job but that's not the point. You're making a assumption that I'm mad at it because it's not Mario and if you wasn't new to this forum you might have seen that I'm not really super hyped about Mario.
I'm mad at this because Nintendo has been botching Online communication for years now, not only online communication but online in general. Now they step up their online but the communication is still shit? Why can't I send GG to a player who beat the crap out of me in Mario Kart? Why can't I send a message asking for a trade or battle in Pokemon. If you want to prevent toxicity then at least give a preset message system like Demon's Souls has. We live in a day and age where communication is the most important part of our lives and yet Nintendo keeps living under the assumption that we don't need it. I'm mad because I demand a standard that every Nintendo fan should demand but people like you just prove that Nintendo fans really love giving Nintendo a free pass on their BS.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny, because I seen on other sites that they are liking this app. If it isn't for you, don't get it. You know what? If they cancels phone apps, people would complain about that too. They can't win.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how is this crap good? we aleady have so many social netwroks, and THIS IS IN ONLY FREAKIGN JAPANESE!!! AT LEAST GET ENGLISH, then i'll see! :creep:
Ah yes, they're holding off on release until March 2016 to synch up all of the worldwide releases SPECIFICALLY make everyone try to decipher Japanese

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow