• Replies 658
  • Likes 4

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair I think it's an upside of the system if it doesn't allow you to play Phantom Hourglass, saves you from playing a bad game.

Geez, PH wasn't THAT bad. I swear to god, you take away buttons everyone freaks the fuck out.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez, PH wasn't THAT bad. I swear to god, you take away buttons everyone freaks the fuck out.

Shitty controls aside I think we'd all rather forget the stupid tower you had to do over and over and over again.

In general I felt that dungeon designs and bosses were also mundane, and yes the controls are a big issue.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually like it more than Ocarina Of Time and Majoras Mask.

Why?
It's more repetitive than Majora's Mask. It has unimpressive dungeon design. It hasn't got a single memorable tune.

What I will say is that Spirit Tracks is much better. It wasn't as repetitive, the train was easy to navigate with than the boat and was more fun to use, the music was pretty good, and the Tower of Spirits was much more fun than the Temple of the Ocean King; final visit notwithstanding.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Honestly PH was.. okay to me. Not that bad but certainly not good. The only thing I really disliked was the random stealth in the Ocean King dungeon and having to wait for the enemies to pass by all the time. And sailing got boring after a while.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Another code has one puzzle where you need to close the DS at a specific angle to watch the reflection, which is unrelated to sleep mode. That puzzle is impossible to solve normally now. (not trying to bash the 2DS here, just clarifying) And impossible on emulators :P
Well gee, I wonder why there's full playthroughs of Another Code played on Desmume and even No$GBA on youtube...

Are you people serious? The DS can't detect that you closed the lid, it just detects it's in and out of sleep mode, which is what happens when you close the lid. The 3DS has a sleep mode button, therefore, it will work.

By the way, I was thinking, it'll be a lot better to play FPS games like Metroid Prime Hunters on the 2DS because of it's slope-like shape. You can put it on a table and just reach out for the circle pad and the trigger, which is pretty big and looks nice to hold.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shitty controls aside I think we'd all rather forget the stupid tower you had to do over and over and over again.

In general I felt that dungeon designs and bosses were also mundane, and yes the controls are a big issue.

Ok, I can agree with all of those. But I do think it was rather well done for a hand-held Zelda. Only one i've ever played thats maintained SOME level of depth in combat (other then Minish Cap. The scrolls really spiced up combat)

At the very least I think we can all agree ST got the job PH was doing right.

Also, this is off-topic.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Why?
It's more repetitive than Majora's Mask. It has unimpressive dungeon design. It hasn't got a single memorable tune.

What I will say is that Spirit Tracks is much better. It wasn't as repetitive, the train was easy to navigate with than the boat and was more fun to use, the music was pretty good, and the Tower of Spirits was much more fun than the Temple of the Ocean King; final visit notwithstanding.

I dunno, the game was more appealing for me than Time/Majora.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still waiting for the 1DS

I could build one for you
36W%20RGB%20single-row%20led%20wall%20washer.jpg

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after 31 pages, the main gripes seem to be:
- It's not "portable" enough (not less portable than the Vita, unless you have big motherfucking pockets)
- It doesn't fold in half (All the better to not break at the hinges, my dear)
- Doesn't have a second circle thingy (Neither does Lance Armstrong's ballsack, but I'm sure he still has fun playing with it...)
- Removed the 3D (good)
- The name sucks (err...it kind of needs a name that both suggests it plays Nintendo's current gen of handheld games while also differentiating between the revisions... 2DS sounds a little better than "3DlesS" or "Nintendo handheld that plays 3DS games but doesn't have 3D")

If there were any games for the 3DS that I had any inclination to play, this is the hardware revision I would probably pick up to play them. Unfortunately for Nintendo, there aren't. But I'm sure they will do just fine without my money.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Another code has one puzzle where you need to close the DS at a specific angle to watch the reflection, which is unrelated to sleep mode. That puzzle is impossible to solve normally now. (not trying to bash the 2DS here, just clarifying) And impossible on emulators :P

not true....when you minimize the window, the game acts as if it is closed....

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was just an example and the tower is from spririt tracks

Maybe they pulled the same shit again in Spirit Tracks, but there is a tower (well, temple, I guess, if you want to get technical) in Phantom Hourglass that you're forced to replay after every single boss. It's as blatant and terrible as filler can get.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
not true....when you minimize the window, the game acts as if it is closed....
It is true because it's not in game, you need to check the real life physical reflection. So unless you feel like folding your monitor in half...
Maybe they pulled the same shit again in Spirit Tracks, but there is a tower (well, temple, I guess, if you want to get technical) in Phantom Hourglass that you're forced to replay after every single boss. It's as blatant and terrible as filler can get.
There is a tower that you have to go back to constantly in Spirit Tracks, but it doesn't force you to replay old floors, just 3 new floors each time. And the one in Phantom Hourglass is a temple, not a tower, which is why he got confused.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto