Nintendo begins banning pirates from 3DS online service

moneychild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used .cia and played online and did not get banded. I have a private header which I used for all games.
But on the other hand, after the band wave and all the speculation about .cia being unsafe, I stopped using .cia games online.
Furthermore, I have fire emblem awakening dlc .cia installed and used eshop once or twice and did not get banned. But I did purchase about 4 out of the maybe 9 dlc packs before I used the .cia to get all.
Lastly, I uninstall all illegal .cia before using eshop (in I am not feeling lazy) , to be on the safe side.
Hoped this info helped everyone

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I used .cia and played online and did not get banded.

Yep, that seems safe.
I have a private header which I used for all games.
Aaand you lost me. .CIA files don't even use headers.

As for the rest of your post, you are being very cautious. Some would say TOO cautious, but I think that you're going about it the right way, taking all the steps you can.

Reactions: hamstrman

moneychild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for loosing you. What I meant is that I have always used a private header for my games and when .cia came out and I started using it, I did not get banned.

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And a private header needn't ever change? One and done? Since you're deriving the private header from a single purchased game, no one else could ever use it, right?

squeeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But... you didn't have one 72 hours ago. Someone must really like you. :huh:

this is true, someone helped me out, they sent me a private header the ripped from a cheap game they bought/ i bought with pay pal and sent them. seems to work out fine, i downloaded the update for mario kart with a private header, before i knew i should use a private, but thats all i did online, now all are patched with the private and i am good so far

sorry for the double post, web page crashed and it didnt look like it posted :P

I had someone send me a private header with a game they/ i bought and sent them, i updated my headers to private, the only thing i did with a public header online was download the update for mario kart.. thats before i knew anbout the ban... but now i have been online with pokemon and everything is good so far :)

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
this is true, someone helped me out, they sent me a private header the ripped from a cheap game they bought/ i bought with pay pal and sent them. seems to work out fine, i downloaded the update for mario kart with a private header, before i knew i should use a private, but thats all i did online, now all are patched with the private and i am good so far
That'd be me, and I'm actually helping both of you guys get a private header (well, I already got you one, still waiting on hamstrman's).

BTW, I think I mentioned this via PM but the game should be here sometime between today and Tuesday. Amazon really dropped the ball on the shipping speed for yours, sorry.

Reactions: squeeb

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the double post, web page crashed and it didnt look like it posted :P

I had someone send me a private header with a game they/ i bought and sent them, i updated my headers to private, the only thing i did with a public header online was download the update for mario kart.. thats before i knew anbout the ban... but now i have been online with pokemon and everything is good so far :)

This is great to know, a first-hand account of just now getting a private header and everything's good. And it was easy to insert the private header?

That'd be me, and I'm actually helping both of you guys get a private header (well, I already got you one, still waiting on hamstrman's).

BTW, I think I mentioned this via PM but the game should be here sometime between today and Tuesday. Amazon really dropped the ball on the shipping speed for yours, sorry.

Really, it's no trouble. You're doing ME the favor.

squeeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great to know, a first-hand account of just now getting a private header and everything's good. And it was easy to insert the private header?

Really, it's no trouble. You're doing ME the favor.

Yes! really easy. Use no ban no sky, a toll someone made here, quick google search will find it, click the newest template that you dl from sky3ds, click the bin file that is the header you get from Ericzander , and then click patch ALL games, dont do individual... and repeat this anytime you get a new template from sky3ds! the directions are on the no ban no sky page.. let me know if you have any questions!
and yup!! he helped me and i really appreciate it!!

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! really easy. Use no ban no sky, a toll someone made here, quick google search will find it, click the newest template that you dl from sky3ds, click the bin file that is the header you get from Ericzander , and then click patch ALL games, dont do individual... and repeat this anytime you get a new template from sky3ds! the directions are on the no ban no sky page.. let me know if you have any questions!
and yup!! he helped me and i really appreciate it!!

Yes, he is our savior! After buying SKY3DS a few weeks ago, it would've been useless (or at least put me at major risk) online. I didn't have to beg, he offered because he's just that awesome. How did you embed his name into your post? I'm revealing so many layers of stoopid by asking questions like this.

And thanks to you, too, for the easy instructions. I probably would've not updated the template had you not mentioned it. Did I mention that I'm not a n00b? 'Cause I sure feel like one.

Edit: I put the newest template, the BIN and one of the games (just as a test) into one folder. I first (just because) patched the template file, then patched ALL GAMES in the template. It said successfully patched 1,389 games included in the file... Is my ROM now altered? I couldn't tell. Or will I end up putting the template on the SKY3DS? Fine, I'm a damn idiot!

Reactions: Margen67

squeeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, he is our savior! After buying SKY3DS a few weeks ago, it would've been useless (or at least put me at major risk) online. I didn't have to beg, he offered because he's just that awesome. How did you embed his name into your post? I'm revealing so many layers of stoopid by asking questions like this.

And thanks to you, too, for the easy instructions. I probably would've not updated the template had you not mentioned it. Did I mention that I'm not a n00b? 'Cause I sure feel like one.

Edit: I put the newest template, the BIN and one of the games (just as a test) into one folder. I first (just because) patched the template file, then patched ALL GAMES in the template. It said successfully patched 1,389 games included in the file... Is my ROM now altered? I couldn't tell. Or will I end up putting the template on the SKY3DS? Fine, I'm a damn idiot!

i copied and pasted it from the left side of the forum ;) it just linked it! haha
The rom will not be altered, it just uses the template to read the information to emulate the cartridge, all roms stay the same, and you will use the diskwrite tool from skys website to write the roms, you change the template to be used in the diskwrite tool first, then click write, and select roms to be written to your micro sd card.
Write tool link
there are tutorials on how to set up your card, i believe there is instructiuons with diskwrite included

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
INB4 all the noobs come here crying "why was I banned?!" LOL when will people learn? If you want to pirate your games, stay the hell offline. Wanna go online? Buy another system and keep it stock.... simple.

squeeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone made a good point, i dont think they will ban you completely with just system, gamestop and people buying off ebay are screwed!! haha.. but wonder if they would just block your nintendo id.... do they benefit? if you try to delete or unlink your nintendo id all your downloaded content dissapears even from your wii u!!

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
someone made a good point, i dont think they will ban you completely with just system, gamestop and people buying off ebay are screwed!! haha.. but wonder if they would just block your nintendo id.... do they benefit? if you try to delete or unlink your nintendo id all your downloaded content dissapears even from your wii u!!
Well the ban wave seemed to have ended, or at least decreased like crazy. And it banned the systems, but only for around 15 days each.

squeeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, seems good now, since this thread is slowly dying out.. im just paranoid about the nintendo id.. ive been online with pokemon omega ruby a few times now, and nothing :)

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
INB4 all the noobs come here crying "why was I banned?!" LOL when will people learn? If you want to pirate your games, stay the hell offline. Wanna go online? Buy another system and keep it stock.... simple.
More like if you didn't want to get banned, don't buy a flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like cinnamon raisin toast in the mornings, with my vodka orange juice.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Eat da po-po? Same thing really.
    Veho @ Veho: +1