Nintendo considering to create a 3DS Successor

Do you think Nintendo should make a 3DS successor?

• Yes

Votes: 70 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 41.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

.... that’s 20$ A YEAR to help ensure Lizard Squad doesn’t ruin your Christmas.
Those guys are like long gone.They did it with sony and Microsoft while they where payed and it didn't make much diffrence with it being payed or not,both where taken offline for about 3 weeks to a month.

Last edited by ,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those guys are like long gone.They did it with sony and Microsoft while they where payed and it didn't make much diffrence,both where taken offline for about 3 weeks to a month.
Wrong. MS was on and off for about 5 days. Sony went down a month or so and a few months after the attack went pay to play because of the attack. Point is, it costs money to update and maintain that security. There'll be other malicious people looking to ruin things for everyone, so 20$ a frickin year isn't that bad of a cost.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They'd be morons not to, since the Switch isn't a handheld. It's only portable.
I can't carry a switch in my pocket and play it between classes at school. The 3DS has the portability of a cellphone, but with the capabilities of an actual gaming device.
The Switch, I have to lug around in a little briefcase, unzip it, get it out, put the case away. That's fine but it doesn't make it a handheld, or convenient.

All they do from there is offer extensive cross-compatibility and they're pretty set. Plenty of ways they can make it work.

Deleted member 420418

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, we don't need another ds successor, we already have the switch and nobody would be interested in wasting more money on another ds version when they could buy a switch instead which is more powerful and can be easily developed for (mostly).

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
.... that’s 20$ A YEAR to help ensure Lizard Squad doesn’t ruin your Christmas.
You know what really prevents a central point of failure? Yep, multiple independent servers people can run on their own with their own rules! Yep, those things that were the norm on PC games multiple decades ago, because someone didn't think of this longer-term cash grab and didn't try to justify it!

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I want it so there's atleast some free multiplayer intact with pokemon.I don't want to pay 20$ a month on the switch just to go on battle spot.It would also be smaller and easier to fit in your pocket where as a switch would be best stored in like a backpack.

Who says it will be free though? sadly I think those days are gone. Microsoft have been able to charge for Xbox Live since 2002, everyone was outraged by that back then, however it has slowly become the norm, with Sony eventually going for a paid service with the PS4 too.

Granted even Xbox Live in 2002 was more advanced than what Nintendo offers with the Switch currently, so it's going to be a tough sell.

Like you all that really interests me is online trading in Pokemon and the odd game of Mario Kart, it's certainly not something i'm excited to pay for.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what really prevents a central point of failure? Yep, multiple independent servers people can run on their own with their own rules! Yep, those things that were the norm on PC games multiple decades ago, because someone didn't think of this longer-term cash grab and didn't try to justify it!
Well, I do advocate for blockchain projects so this wouldn't be so bad. But, you seriously spend this same amount for a nice meal. And it's for a year. It's not like they're getting rich on this ffs.

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who says it will be free though? sadly I think those days are gone. Microsoft have been able to charge for Xbox Live since 2002, everyone was outraged by that back then, however it has slowly become the norm, with Sony eventually going for a paid service with the PS4 too.

Granted even Xbox Live in 2002 was more advanced than what Nintendo offers with the Switch currently, so it's going to be a tough sell.

Like you all that really interests me is online trading in Pokemon and the odd game of Mario Kart, it's certainly not something i'm excited to pay for.
I think with it becoming a paid service will really help Nintendo's online service, I also would not be surprised if Microsoft is helping Nintendo as well since they both seem to be on neutral terms lately when it comes to crossplay.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, I do advocate for blockchain projects so this wouldn't be so bad. But, you seriously spend this same amount for a nice meal. And it's for a year. It's not like they're getting rich on this ffs.
It could be 30 cents for the life of the console (like the Japanese-only N3DS uncensored browser DLC), hell it could be "mail us this card with your serial number to activate online, we pay for shipping" and you're already excluding or introducing inconvenience to some users (which regardless of the amount of it, for any definition of "amount", previous work by that same accused company proves it wasn't technically justified)

xXxSwagnemitexXx

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i was thinking that nintendo should make a new 3ds-type system since the 3ds is getting kinda old now and hackers have cracked it wide open for homebrew, emulators and piracy. it would be a fun challenge to try and crack this new console.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be 30 cents for the life of the console (like the Japanese-only N3DS uncensored browser DLC), hell it could be "mail us this card with your serial number to activate online, we pay for shipping" and you're already excluding or introducing inconvenience to some users (which regardless of the amount of it, for any definition of "amount", previous work by that same accused company proves it wasn't technically justified)
What's your point? It's still cheap. Things change including costs involved. They go up when things get better usually.

Last edited by brickmii82,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What's your point? It's still cheap.
Unless they send a collector to your home or add a magical coin slot, you need a(n arbitrarily rejectable) debit/credit card, or to go to a store and buy fixed units of credit
Minors also can't (formally) enter a can refute any contract in the first place, for another

Last edited by Ryccardo,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless they send a collector to your home or add a magical coin slot, you need a(n arbitrarily rejectable) debit/credit card, or to go to a store and buy fixed units of credit
Minors also can't (formally) enter a contract in the first place, for another
Minors shouldn't be online without parental consent anyways. And this inconvenience you seem worried about is an annoyance, not an obstacle. That argument comes off as entitlement to me. Charging for online is a norm these days for console users. Nintendo introduced it late in the game, but it's still a norm. This is a poor crusade to war over imo. Cloud saves ... Ok I can agree that would be better not having to be paid for. You shouldn't have to pay to back up your saves. But MP games ... it's like 60$ a year for MS and Sony. Has been forever at this point. So I can't see why the outcry. Again, things change. That's life.

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what the switch is for, both a handheld AND a console. That was the whole point to be both at once. Don't fuck this up Nintendo!

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would so be down for a 3ds successor. Fits in your pocket with glasses free 3d, dual screens, clamshell design and more powerful than the 3ds? Hell. Yes. <3

Reactions: detroix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...