Nintendo considering to create a 3DS Successor

Do you think Nintendo should make a 3DS successor?

• Yes

Votes: 70 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 41.7%

• Total voters
P

pasc

If the devs ignore it just as they did with the Original.. nah.

Let it be.

At least then all the "N" Titles will stay on Switch. And we won't have fragmentation.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Awful idea IMO. They really should just stick to focusing on the Switch for now, better to stick with their current hard hitting platform rather than shit out another handheld that will just split the userbase and dev resources.
Yep. Thats basically my post in a nutshell.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'd like to see something between the 3DS and the Switch in many ways, mainly in portability, as the Switch is not that easy to carry on my jeans pockets and I don't like having to buy a carrying bag or alike.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
why the fuck did they even bother to maker the switch handheld if they are still going to make other handhelds? the way this company thinks is just unbelievably stupid these days! everyone in the company is too damn old they have clearly all gone senile they need to clean house and start again FRESH :creep:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
fuck no, i still stand by the theory of the one of THE most important aspect of the Switch's success is a unified Nintendo, as in they can focus on making quality games on one platform rather than splitting forces.

If they make a new DS, then the Switch will see a decline in quality Nintendo titles, at that point it'll really be a true port machine.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

After Nintendo's new president, Shuntaro Furukawa, officially stepped in earlier this week, he has already started talking to Japanese media outlets about the direction of the company.

Furukawa believes that the 3DS still has advantages over the Switch and stated that Nintendo was considering various possibilities on creating a successor to the 3DS. While the Switch is still obviously a key focus for Nintendo at the moment, we might see a 3DS successor in the future.

Do you think Nintendo should pursue a successor to the popular handheld console?

:arrow: Source

Seriously ? The 3DS still has advantages over the Switch ? Nah. I never had a DS and now I dont have a 3DS and I dont liked 3DS because of two screens. I prefer like PS Vita. :)

I hope Sony will have PS Vita successor too. So that 3rd party supporting will be better for PS vita successor where it was failed miserable.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch is a handheld. Creating a 3DS successor ruins the greatest power of the Switch, that it combines both markets into one OP console.
it is NINTENDO after all. they never understood their products and where they fit it. look at the wii U. why did it sell to lame? because it was a bad console with bad games? certainly not.
but because nintendo did not really have any idea how to present it to the customer. even I did not really know what it was after I watched the presentation.
and despite that it was too expensive!

DodgyJudge

A man of weird taste it seems!
Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
The Switch is a handheld. Creating a 3DS successor ruins the greatest power of the Switch, that it combines both markets into one OP console.
Those kind of comment make me sick really? You really think the 2011 3ds that was release before the failed Wii u shouldnt have a successor just because of the Switch???cmon Nintendo have been doing this since 1980 ,a console and a handled is the best of both world , we all know the switch is both in a way , but the ds series make it different in the gaming industry dont you think a double screen system would be killing the switch?? 7 years of its life this console have been pushing games and 75% of them are classics that you and i cant deny.

My point is the switch is almost 2 years old an handled in development would take at least 2 or 4 more years before we hear something , trust me The Webb telescope will be launched before a new 3ds succesor hit the shelves and that is in 2021 !

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, only because, as some people kind of pointed out, that a "3ds successor" could double as a Switch revision. It could literally play the same games and use the same carts, but just be a different way to play the games and be an easier device to carry around.

I also miss 3D. So even a 3D revision of the Switch would be nice.

D

Deleted User

They REALLY should make a TRUE successor of the GameCube instead of yet another handheld.
They already did. It's called the Wii.

I know what you're saying, that Nintendo should go back to making dedicated game consoles that lack any sort of control gimmicks and whatnot, and I know that the Wii is, looking at the hardware, incredibly similar to the GameCube, so much so that the two systems share an emulator, but, strictly speaking, the Wii succeeded the GameCube, and the Wii U succeeded the Wii. There's no need for another "successor" (spiritual successor, if you will) to the system.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
The Switch should have been more power than what it is. The Tegra X1 is old and the game graphics are not anything to write home aboit.

A 3DS successor then would have made a lot of sense. But yea the switch really ain't handheld, just portable

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Nintendo now apparently having fixed hardware-exploits for switches without the upcoming SoC Mariko, I'm thinking that SoC is more likely to be the "3DS Successor"; a more pocketable switch revision, likely to launch with Pokemon 2019. (Incidentally, the exact same year they committed to supporting the 3DS through.)

With AAA western devs seeming to have given up on the Switch (see: horrible sales for some excellent Bethesda ports), doubling down on portability is probably the best move for Nintendo right now rather than ramping up power.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

MeteoXavier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Nintendo, you're always going to get some kind of curveball in there somewhere. I wonder why Nintendo would want to find a successor for the 3DS as well with the Switch being both, but they always seem to have some experimental gimmick up their sleeve to fight against the Sony/Microsoft structure.

The fun part is trying to guess what it'll be, it's almost like trying to guess what the next Jojo's Stand would be (before it was announced Part 8 was the last one, anyway). I figure it will be some kind of asinine twist on VR that doesn't need the same bulky tech that VR is more stigmatized with. Maybe something that uses a bunch of the modern AI stuff you're always jacking off to in the news (or at least I do). Who knows?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Those kind of comment make me sick really? You really think the 2011 3ds that was release before the failed Wii u shouldnt have a successor just because of the Switch???cmon Nintendo have been doing this since 1980 ,a console and a handled is the best of both world , we all know the switch is both in a way , but the ds series make it different in the gaming industry dont you think a double screen system would be killing the switch?? 7 years of its life this console have been pushing games and 75% of them are classics that you and i cant deny.

My point is the switch is almost 2 years old an handled in development would take at least 2 or 4 more years before we hear something , trust me The Webb telescope will be launched before a new 3ds succesor hit the shelves and that is in 2021 !
no they don't need a 3ds successor, the 3ds successor would be stronger than the switch which would kill their hybrid console, also i always hated the 2 screens, in 99% of the games the screens are just for items and crap, they are rarely useful, they basically replace the press of a start button...

Nintendo doesn't need a 3ds kinda console anymore, but does nintendo needs something more handheld focused? hell yes.

A mini switch would resolve this, a smaller screen with built in buttons instead of removable joycons and more battery life, no dock and way cheaper, basically a Mini switch would do the trick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl