Nintendo Didn’t Expect 3DS Sales to Drop Like This

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gokujr1000 said:
If we had better Launch Titles, A Wider Offer of GOOD games available and a lower price maybe they'd see a Spike in sales.
Seeing as how it sold out in Japan and came close to selling out everywhere else with a crappy lineup of launch games shows that the price wasn't the issue. It sold regardless but has nothing to keep it selling right now because there aren't a stream of games coming out for it to push console sales along.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
i have yet to see any of my friends with a 3DS, guess it doesn't really appeal to aussies
Considering the prices out there for the 3DS and games I'm not bloody surprised. 'Hmm sell the cat into sex-slavery and buy a 3DS or keep being able to afford to feed the kids' .... decisions decisions.
biggrin.gif
I used to live there and was on a fairly decent wage too. But there is no way I would pay those prices. I think the EU price is too high but you buggers get an even worse deal in my opinion.

I'd like one eventually when they iron out the kinks and get some decent games out but not yet.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm actually surprised that they could actually sell that much
selling game consoles without games and even basic features like movies, demos, netbrowser.....c'mon

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol @ people 'buh buh it's too expensive' as their excuse for not owning a 3DS. If you can't afford an additional 50 dollars over the cost of the original DS at launch time, then you should just stop gaming, or stop pissing away money on console games for a while and save up. 250 dollars is pocket change, if you can't afford that, don't ever build your own computer because a good processor alone will cost you 200 and you will cry about that too. In fact, you should probably just stop gaming completely because if you think 250 dollars is too much to ask for a new portable gaming system, just wait till the NGP comes out and everyone is spilling tears over the 500 dollar price tag.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DSGamer64 said:
lol @ people 'buh buh it's too expensive' as their excuse for not owning a 3DS. If you can't afford an additional 50 dollars over the cost of the original DS at launch time, then you should just stop gaming, or stop pissing away money on console games for a while and save up. 250 dollars is pocket change, if you can't afford that, don't ever build your own computer because a good processor alone will cost you 200 and you will cry about that too. In fact, you should probably just stop gaming completely because if you think 250 dollars is too much to ask for a new portable gaming system, just wait till the NGP comes out and everyone is spilling tears over the 500 dollar price tag.
Lol I have one but feel i couldve spent the $250 on something better like a PS3.All the 3DS has good is OoT, RE and Pokemon.Damn I feel bad plus I still use my DSi XL more cuz large screens

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
Sorry bagsomoney
Can you justify $100 hardware being sold for $250?
How about £60~ hardware being sold for £230 (starting price, now £180 cheapest)

The technology is no harder to produce than the original DS hardware when that came out but prices keep rising in this recession. No wonder no one has any f*cking money.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
the Wii 2 will be Nintendo's cash cow....

and if that falls on its face like the 3DS has....

Then Nintendo is going to be in trouble...

this is what they get for making the price of a handheld, the price of an expensive game console and expecting society in a recession era to take it..news flash Nintendo: They Won't.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
the Wii 2 will be Nintendo's cash cow....

and if that falls on its face like the 3DS has....

Then Nintendo is going to be in trouble...

this is what they get for making the price of a handheld, the price of an expensive game console and expecting society in a recession era to take it..news flash Nintendo: They Won't.
Hehe, no.
Did you read the actual sales?
3.6 millions sold in a month.

That means, if the hardware cost of 100$ is true, they made a profit of 540000000$, and that is while putting the price at 250$ for all countries (and it's higher in some)

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
And perhaps you should stop looking down your nose at people who weren't born in rich countries or simply weren't born with a silver spoon in their mouth. And stop telling them what to do. And 250 dollars is NOT pocket change as you put it to most people in this world.
Mocking someone for not being loaded with cash is something I would expect from a spoilt 10year old. Sooo not cool!

gengertheghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think a reason is because the 3DS is too expensive and there is absolutely no good games. The ONM says there will probably be a Super Mario 3D. That will help.

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:

You, sir, are a stuck-up, pig ignorant and mentally retarded semen stain on the universe. Open your mind, think of the people that have not had infinite funds from their parents from birth, then GTFO.

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's really nothing to play on it, that's why I haven't bothered getting one. Generally I wait a good two years before jumping into the new generation so there's actually stuff to play.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
All of the third party games to have been released on the 3DS (so far) are mediochre ports, and most of Nintendo's first party games in recent years have been rather poor, and are obviously attempts to cash in on the franchises.
(never a good sign when a tech demo is better than all the launch titles combined, face raiders being my example)
Plus, the 3DS is riddled with both software and hardware issues, and is an obvious attempt to jump on the 3D-fad train.

So, until there are some games that are even remotely interesting, I don't see any reason to waste my cash on what will be a highly limited unit which will blatantly have another, better hardware revision.

Oh also, I'd much rather buy one of these: Sapphire Radeon HD 6990 4GB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I wouldn't +1