Homebrew Nintendo DS Emulator?

T_Gaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone developing a Nintendo DS emulator for Ninjhax 2.0? I'd love it if one is coming out soon.

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone developing a Nintendo DS emulator for Ninjhax 2.0? I'd love it if one is coming out soon.

Emulation is a completely different thing than DS mode, which, for the record, probably isn't possible for homebrew to boot into anyway.

olshrimpeyes

Your question is bad and you should feel bad
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

olshrimpeyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you reckon it'd ever be possible?
I think it could definetly be done (I am by no means an authority in this and my understanding of TWL_FIRM very limited), but I'm not sure it ever will unless DS flashcarts suddenly become extremely rare/expensive or are blocked all together (almost positive this is completely impossible).

ils411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I too would like a ds emulator on the 3ds and before people chew my head my reason is convenience - 3DS only has one slot and that slot is best used to have a sky3ds slapped in at all times for 3ds games while ds emulation for ds games
Then again, i can go the cfw way and use cia for 3ds games and a ds flashcart for ds games... but I'd have to hard mod my 3ds and restore my nand backup from when it was on 8 something something...eh.. not gonna bother. ds flashkart + eshop 3ds games = good enough for me.

But a DS emulator would be cool just for the fact that someone was able to actually make a ds emulator for the 3ds.
I'm no expert and i have zero coding and programing skills and this is all hypothetical but if the psp cfw can manage to tap into the psps psone emulator which is built in, then some really good cfw coding for the 3ds could probably also tap into ds mode for ds emulation.
hmm... what was that guy's name in the psp scene... darkalex? yeah..cant remember.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There should be a sticky thread which reads:

We should add to this list.
I added a 3DS emulator so you can play 3DS games while using your 3DS

I think it could definetly be done (I am by no means an authority in this and my understanding of TWL_FIRM very limited), but I'm not sure it ever will unless DS flashcarts suddenly become extremely rare/expensive or are blocked all together (almost positive this is completely impossible).
Someone could probably find a way to put DS roms in the DSiWare cias.

D

Deleted User

I added a 3DS emulator so you can play 3DS games while using your 3DS

Someone could probably find a way to put DS roms in the DSiWare cias.
I think some people were trying a while back, but they would get a black or white screen upon boot, even if they injected another DSiWare .nds file into a DSiWare container.

olshrimpeyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too would like a ds emulator on the 3ds and before people chew my head my reason is convenience - 3DS only has one slot and that slot is best used to have a sky3ds slapped in at all times for 3ds games while ds emulation for ds games
Then again, i can go the cfw way and use cia for 3ds games and a ds flashcart for ds games... but I'd have to hard mod my 3ds and restore my nand backup from when it was on 8 something something...eh.. not gonna bother. ds flashkart + eshop 3ds games = good enough for me.

But a DS emulator would be cool just for the fact that someone was able to actually make a ds emulator for the 3ds.
I'm no expert and i have zero coding and programing skills and this is all hypothetical but if the psp cfw can manage to tap into the psps psone emulator which is built in, then some really good cfw coding for the 3ds could probably also tap into ds mode for ds emulation.
hmm... what was that guy's name in the psp scene... darkalex? yeah..cant remember.
I imagine we will something similar to GBAemu4ds towards EoL, but you know for DS games. Also I think it's worth mentioning that the PSP could already launch PS games via software while the relies on hardware to initiate TWL_FIRM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...