XP
Country
How to use:

example:
altwfc ^^ 0000 - Rom (U)
"patch type" "working or not" "rom number" - " rom name + region"
"altwfc" "^^" "0000" - "Rom (U)"

Meanings:
^^ = works; X = doesn't work; ? = read in the description.

List:
altwfc ^^ 0168 - Mario Kart DS (U)

altwfc ^^ 0367 - Metroid Prime Hunters (U)

altwfc X 0174 - Tony Hawk's American Sk8land (EU)

altwfc X 0636 - Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam (U)

altwfc X 1444 - Sonic Rush Adventure (U)

altwfc ^^ 5360 - Call of Duty Black Ops (U) ? Works only if all players select quick match. Black screen on physical DS. Works with emulators.

altwfc ^^ 5369 - Sonic Colors (U) ? Black screen on physical DS. Works with emulators.

SSL ^^ 0176 Tony Hawk's American Sk8land (EU)

SSL X 0636 - Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam (U) ? Connection works but can't connect to the community - online multiplayer unplayable.

SSL ^^ 1444 - Sonic Rush Adventure (U)

SSL X 0168 - Mario Kart DS (U)

SSL ^^ 0367 - Metroid Prime Hunters (U)

SSL ^^ 5360 - Call of Duty Black Ops (U) ? Works only if all players select quick match.

SSL ^^ 5369 - Sonic Colors (U)

SSL ^^ 1984 - Bomberman Land Touch! 2 (U)

Patchers:
SSL (Nossil) patcher
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k513wpk4d078ne7/SslPatcher v1.4.zip?dl=0
altwfc (AltWFC) patcher
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjseb262yin3fcz/WfcPatcher1.5.zip?dl=0

How to test and play online:

1. Patch your game with one of the patchers
2. In your game find nintendo WFC settings/ options/ and erase Nintendo WFC configuration and press A button 3 times. (This step is necessary)
3. Boot your game again (Do not play any other patch or DNS adress games).
4. Go to nintendo WFC settings/ nintendo Wi-Fi connection settings/ connection 1 and setup your wifi.
5. Click on connection 1 again and scroll down to Auto-obtain DNS.
6. Set Auto-obtain DNS to no and both bellow to 45.55.80.156 and 45.55.80.156 (or 104.131.93.87 and 104.131.93.87)
7. nintendo WFC match and press next or yes wherever it will ask.

Repeat above steps every time you use different patch games or different DNS.

The list will get bigger and updated, please report your test below. Thank you.

Current list version version: 1.02

Last edited by auge,
Reactions: Earthbound017

Nessly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little confused what this is? This allows you to use an emulator to play the roms on the custom NDS wifi server?

auge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, not only on emulators, on ds too. And I can confirm that playing online between emulator and NDS is possible! :)
It's a list what patches you should use, AltWFC seems to have bad compatibility, but the only one that works with Mario Kart DS.

Last edited by auge,
Reactions: Nessly

Nessly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ies, not only on emulators, on ds too. And I can confirm that playing online between emulator and NDS is possible! :)
It's a list what patches you should use, AltWFC seems to have bad compatibility, bot the only one that works with Mario Cart DS.
Gee whiz! Thanks mucho for sharing this! Can't wait to try out MKDS!

Evil pol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
AltWFC seems to have bad compatibility

I think the compatibility is really good. Almost every game (~90% of what i tested) with wfc works or partially works. But it's hard to find players online. :( If you don't have a pal with ds, you will probably never play online in most of games.

Evil pol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, but there are no players online. Sometimes someone is waiting in Mario Kart DS and that's all. I haven't seen even one single person online in any other game. So if you don't have a pal - buddy, friend - with DS, who will play with you over wi-fi, you won't be able to find players in most of games.

Last edited by Evil pol,

Nessly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent several hours trying to get this to work with a friend and I. We were both using Desmume 0.97 using custom bios/firmware provided at the tutorial linked below.
https://forum.romulation.net/threads/tutorial-guide-to-enable-wifi-feature-on-desmume-v-0-9-7.54397/

We patched the Mario Kart DS rom with the latest Polaris WFC patcher (1.6) found here:
https://github.com/AdmiralCurtiss/WfcPatcher/releases

Connectivity was VERY flaky. Most of the time even connection tests within the wifi connection setup were unsuccessful. When we COULD connect to the private server, we would consistently get disconnected after only about 2 mins. We were ALMOST able to form 1 party out of countless attempts. I formed a game in Phantasy Ster Zero. He was able to join my party, and then we both disconnected. Were were never able to get past that point. Ultimately we were never able to play together.

I also tried Mario Kart DS with similar results. Very rarely would we be able to connect to the server. And when I could connect to the server, it was only very briefly. Never could actually PLAY multiplayer.

For others looking to try this out, I would recommend restarting the emulator just about every time it disconnects on you. Seems to help connectivity somewhat.

In all honesty though, I wouldn't bother trying until they make some changes to the server with the Demume emulator. Seems really buggy. Judging by the praise it receives, I assume connecting to it is much better on an actual Nintendo DS console rather than an emulator.

Last edited by Nessly,

auge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree that there is much lag from emulators. I use same desmume with same paches I think and I have to say that in pc everything is delayed, download speed is very slow, meanwhile in ds everything works really nice and almost no lag. I saw that android emulator is even better online connection than this desmume. I can only suggest playing turn based games if you are using emulators.

Last edited by auge,

colking

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using a patched rom with twloader on sd card. This apparently works? Can't seem to connect (error code 51100).
Anyone tried this?

auge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by auge,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads