Gaming Nintendo has lost its greatness

D

Deleted User

I didn't say that Sony and Microsoft's consoles were not good for kids, I just said they did it poorly. Nintendo has overall a better impact on kids, and a better reputation with parents. The reason why I come off as biased and bugman like for Nintendo is because I grew up on it, and never got competitive brands before I was in my teen years. If I grew up with GTA5 rather than Super Mario Galaxy, I would have grown up very differently.
That's completely subjective. What you think is suitable for a kid, the next person has a different idea.

Anyway, you grew up with Mario Galaxy? Yikes. I'm glad we had SONIC and Mario on the 8bit/16bit consoles instead. I mean, Galaxy isn't a bad game, but there's much better out there.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bascially I had mapped out Nintendo Logic per each system they will give you a Mario Game , Mario Racing game, and a Mario RPG Game. I had made a list below for people to reference the originality over the years (the list does not include ports only originality) so in other words don't expect a newer Mario Game until next console release.

The Wii and the Wii U were indeed the best consoles of innovation the switch is basically the worst

NES - Super Mario 1 -3
SNES - Super Mario World / Super Mario Kart / Super Mario RPG
N64- Mario 64 / Mario Kart 64 / Paper Mario
Gamecube - Mario Sunshine / Mario Kart Double Dash / Paper Mario Thousand Years
Wii - Super Mario Wii / Galaxy 1 +2 / Mario Kart Wii / Super Paper Mario
Wii U - Super Mario 3D World / Mario Kart 9 / New Super Mario Bros Wii U + Luigi / Paper Mario Color Splash
Switch - Odyssey / Paper Mario Origami King

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
because some games did not age well, take for example pokemon RBY, they are extremely dated games, now compare them to their remakes, they took everything good, and discarded all that did not work, the result? masterpieces
Are you talking about FR/LG, or Pokemon Let's Go? Because the former still feels very dated, all it is is a graphics upgrade, and the latter is not a very good remake at all.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
D

Deleted User

Are you talking about FR/LG, or Pokemon Let's Go? Because the former still feels very dated, all it is is a graphics upgrade, and the latter is not a very good remake at all.
frlg, its not only a graphics update, a lot of mechanics that did not work as intended in the originals do work on the remakes

D

Deleted User

Maybe so, but it still feels very primitive compared to even gen 2.
i'll have to disagree, gen 2 feels really slow and there is no reason to play it over it's remakes, other than nostalgia or how easy they are to break, its gen 3 that i'd say did not need remakes

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i'll have to disagree, gen 2 feels really slow and there is no reason to play it over it's remakes, other than nostalgia or how easy they are to break, its gen 3 that i'd say did not need remakes
Gen 3 is when they perfected the formula, I agree with you on that. The original R/B/G/Y aren't even playable anymore for me. Whereas G/S/C are still playable, but I would rather play the remakes of either. Gen 1 still feels primitive compared to gen 2 though, and in my opinion that extends to FR/LG as well, even if they improved some things, it's clearly not as complex or as polished as later gens.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Gen 3 is when they perfected the formula, I agree with you on that. The original R/B/G/Y aren't even playable anymore for me. Whereas G/S/C are still playable, but I would rather play the remakes of either. Gen 1 still feels primitive compared to gen 2 though, and in my opinion that extends to FR/LG as well, even if they improved some things, it's clearly not as complex or as polished as later gens.
yeah, pretty much the reason i do not think gens 4 or 5 need remakes, i'd be down for 6th gen remakes though, they were good, albeit flawed games, that could do with some polish

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
this is nintendos thinking these days:

instead of porting the DS version of 64 and fixing the shitty touchscreen controls: "nah lets just lazily rip the fucking n64 rom and not change anything about it and include that"
instead of worrying if the fludd controls won't work properly: "fuck them let them figure it out we just want $"
instead of including galaxy 2 as well: "who gives a fuck where is our $60?!"
instead of making the whole thing available forever: fuck them lets really piss the fans off and offer it a limited time while we count our bags of $ from the sales of the idiots who actually are stupid enough to pay for old games when they could play them for free on emulation!!"
Jesus Christ dude, chill out with the salt, you have to learn to accept the fact that some people don’t like using emulators

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nintendo is making money nothing more they can sell a used condom with the name NINTENDO on it and poeple would buy it
I mean, I would just buy that for the lols.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How is PlayStation and Xbox not great for kids? They have loads of different games on there to play and one of the most popular is GTA V which isn't on the Switch.

You're coming off as a defensive fanboy, but I see your point even though it's flawed.
Did you just list gta v as an all ages game?

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever play Driver 2 on PlayStation? That's like GTA in 3D before GTA became a huge hit.

I also used to play the heck out of GTA SA, just roaming. I never actually played the story. :P
Never played the driver games, I did play gta sa though, and it’s extremely fun and makes me a bit sad on what we lost in later gtas

D

Deleted User

Speaking of which, should i play the driver games?
There are several.

This is my ranking:
1. Driver 2
2. Driver
3. Driver Parallel Lines
4. Driver San Francisco
5. Driver 3

I never played the 3DS game and the score it's gotten doesn't help. Speaking of mediocre rated Driver games, DRIV3R is honestly a broken game, but I enjoyed free roaming and the story is apparently very good, so there's that.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1