Gaming Nintendo keeps on drooling over and over, over the perfect 10's BotW scores

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 8,933
  • Replies 121
  • Likes 2

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Retroboy

Please show me a multiplication math test where the marking criteria allows for subjective, emotional opinion by the assessor.

Please show me a universal game review rubrics the notes exactly how much of a mark should be subtracted for frame rate issues.

its not about subjective, emtional or even ones opinion.

you say this game has this problem in a review so i will give it 9/10

comes zelda, this game has this problem so i will give it 10/10

would suggest biased reviews from those that love the franchise.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11/10. Collecting all 900 seeds gives you an amazing reward of a golden turd. Or gift, as the game likes to call it.

Golden turds are highly prized in Japan.

_MG_9577.JPG

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
i mean come off it, the frame rate issues is a known bug hence nintendo attempting these updates to fix them, to sit there saying i dont have it is very questionable when most are reluctant to accept faults regardless when its nintendo, so its the same shoe fitting?
I said already I'd experienced framerate drops, but they are infrequent and don't really detract from the overall experience. What I haven't experienced is any "hangs", 5 seconds of which sounds like a fault to me.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
here is the usual tho, when one comes with comments that go against nintendo, you are guranteed the same usual people come in its defense and insist its a matter of opinion.
Wait... you don't think that how good a game is is a matter of opinion? That's a little arrogant, isn't it?

Reactions: chartube12

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm out. You don't understand what a review is at all.
could fire the same back at you, i cant get what you fail to see even when ive said it over and over.

your down score a game over something wrong with it, yet give zelda a full score and has the same issue.

really is it that hard

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait... you don't think that how good a game is is a matter of opinion? That's a little arrogant, isn't it?
it is a matter of opinion, but im not the one who comes kicking off when you say something bad about a nintendo game.

thats the problem with nintendo fanboys (no im not pointing the finger directly, but those know who they are), they cant accept if someone has a dislike for nintendo then come spitting crap, so the ones that refuse to accept opinion in the first place are the ignorant ones.

like ive said i simply quote what people put, if they dont like my views on the shit nintendo keep releasing, then is that not my opinion and entitled to it, but they cant do that they must force their opinion.... so who's ignorant i think youll find the types to start first, they see a post then jump on.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
it is a matter of opinion, but im not the one who comes kicking off when you say something bad about a nintendo game.
You're kicking off because lots of people have said really good things about a Nintendo game that you disagree with. You're like a reverse-fanboy. ;)

I think the reverse-fanboy is more common than you think. Basically, they try to balance out the excessive fanboyism by going further the other way than they normally would. For instance, you go from this:
I would give it an 8/10 at best

To this:
you can love the game if you wish, that is your right, but me (and others) will agree that this game is far from worthy of the reviews and ratings it got, personally i found the game to be rather shit, very repetitive, no story to it at all, boss battles is like repeating the same battle four fucking times and then kill ganon the end.

The reverse-fanboy effect, ladies and gentlemen. The more people reply stating how much they like the game, the lower his opinion of it gets.

PS ok I'm done teasing now :D.

cros107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This game is amazing if you're the right person. It's meh if you're not. The people who will like this game likely won't care as much about gameplay. Or slight lag. The game is mostly for this audience. Many people have different tastes, and won't like this game, and that's fine. Not every game is amazing to everyone. Not everyone loves OOT. Not everyone loves GTAV. Not everyone loves the most highly rated games, but that doesn't mean they aren't great games. Sure. This game may not be a 10/10 game. But it's definitely up there. For the right people, this game is perfect.

Reactions: fedehda

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
i find it hard to even believe this, maybe do a test, find 3 moblins or even one and record on your mobile when you battle with them, its a known bug.
Don't know what version you're running, but I have the very latest version of the software. Last night I encountered a group of black moblins, 4 or 5, plus a black Lizalfos in the snowy mountains north of Rito village. I was floating down above them, shot an explosive barrel. They all went flying, explosions everywhere, then I finished them all off. Not a single frame dropped (that I noticed).

The exact location was towards a hidden shrine, floating down from a peak with a lone cedar tree on it (a girl in Rito tells you to go their on a quest to find the shrine). Stand next to the tree, face northwest, do the super updraft jump thing and float towards the shrine hiding in another mountain. Eventually you'll see the moblins. When you kill them, you get 300 rupees in the chest. If you're on the latest version of the software and you're still having issues, you might want to get your Switch checked out.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen a noticeable frame rate drop since I updated a week or so ago.

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't believe some of the stupidity in this thread.

NO game is perfect, but there are plenty of games that get 10/10 scores anyway. A 10/10 doesn't mean a game is perfect, it just means the game is so damn good that any problems it may have are overshadowed by how much enjoyment you get out of the game. Guess what? A review is a matter of opinion. I'd easily give BOTW a 10/10 because the framerate hiccups every so often did not take any enjoyment away from the game while I was playing it. When I'll look back on the game years from now, I damn well won't be thinking about th framerate issues, I'll be thinking about how much fun I had exploring and finding creative ways to mess with the physics and mechanics of the game.

Reviews are a matter of opinion, saying something doesn't reserve the score it got makes you look pretentious person who thinks their opinion on something is worth more than someone else's. You may not like the game or think it deserves the scores it got. Okay. Cool. And? It got that score for a reason. Maybe the game just wasn't for you.

Anyone ever notice how people who are in the minority pertaining to their opinions of something seem to think they are seeing something objectively or seeing the truth and everyone else must be blind or stupid because they don't agree with them?

News flash to you people who do or think this, its still an opinion and it isn't worth anything more than anyone else's.

Also, reviews are not and have never been objective. You can't make an objective review on something, there will ALWAYS be bias. Reviews will ALWAYS be a matter of opinion and if you think otherwise, I really don't know what to tell you.

Proust

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Can't believe some of the stupidity in this thread.

NO game is perfect, but there are plenty of games that get 10/10 scores anyway. A 10/10 doesn't mean a game is perfect, it just means the game is so damn good that any problems it may have are overshadowed by how much enjoyment you get out of the game. Guess what? A review is a matter of opinion. I'd easily give BOTW a 10/10 because the framerate hiccups every so often did not take any enjoyment away from the game while I was playing it. When I'll look back on the game years from now, I damn well won't be thinking about th framerate issues, I'll be thinking about how much fun I had exploring and finding creative ways to mess with the physics and mechanics of the game.

Reviews are a matter of opinion, saying something doesn't reserve the score it got makes you look pretentious person who thinks their opinion on something is worth more than someone else's. You may not like the game or think it deserves the scores it got. Okay. Cool. And? It got that score for a reason. Maybe the game just wasn't for you.

Anyone ever notice how people who are in the minority pertaining to their opinions of something seem to think they are seeing something objectively or seeing the truth and everyone else must be blind or stupid because they don't agree with them?

News flash to you people who do or think this, its still an opinion and it isn't worth anything more than anyone else's.

Also, reviews are not and have never been objective. You can't make an objective review on something, there will ALWAYS be bias. Reviews will ALWAYS be a matter of opinion and if you think otherwise, I really don't know what to tell you.

Could you ask them which game they do like and which deserve high scores in their opinion?

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some people like Justin Bieber.

Telling them he's shit, even with the reasons why, isn't going to change their opinion.

It won't make his music any better either.

Morale of this story, if you don't like Justin Bieber, don't go to a Justin Bieber concert, because there you're the moron.

Last edited by Risingdawn,

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
It comes down to one thing;

Opinions do not equal fact. Reviewers can't be unbiased, even if they say they are. They're no less fallible than the rest of us when it comes to forming an opinion. I don't have to respect your opinion, and you don't have to respect mine. But at least admit that people can have differing opinions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus