Nintendo killing many games related Online Services for Wii & DS

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If both your PC and Wii/DS are connected to it it should work just fine. I have a guide on the site on how to set it up.

It's not working I think it's because I'm on a micro build.
In the ssh console when I type modprobe ipt_ROUTE and it says "can't open device IP: no such file.

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not working I think it's because I'm on a micro build.
In the ssh console when I type modprobe ipt_ROUTE and it says "can't open device IP: no such file.
Yeah, DD-WRT micro builds don't have the route module, so you'll have to use one of the other methods.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Exactly, DDWRT lacks the module for running firewall / packet clone. (Took me a few hours to figure it out..)
So I grabbed the PCAP(s) available. Those are useful

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are dozens of cool games with a useful online functionality. I really do not get why nintendo wants to make it UNline rather than online.
it would cost them nothing. I could host those games on my old laptop for 10 bucks a year.

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, so we arent going to be able to play online through wii or ds? why are they doing this? Are we going to get these features back?! This kind of makes me mad because it reminds me of apple somehow; if you have an iphone 3gs, ipod touch 2 etc... the updates for those systems are killed and you are forced to upgrade. Yeah lots of fun, apple, oops, nintendo!

Bad analogy. Apple makes sense, in fact their support is great, the fact that iPhone 4 even has ios 7 is unbelievable. You need to understand that the new update just cannot be handeled on old phones. If you want to have ios 7 only our iphone 3g, you should be prepared for it dying every 30 minutes, and freezing every 30 milliseconds in the every 30 seconds that it will be lagging in the every 30 minutes it will be dying. This is a different issue.

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that someone captures and reverse enginer/makes a server for Goldeneye, Conduit and Conduit 2. I checked GoldenEye tonight and didn't seem to find anyone there. A few months back there was still quite a few people running around. Guess everyone got WiiU's or some other console for Christmas.

Really sad, I liked the online features of those games. :/

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Especially the RPG-y and board games are threatened since they're too niche/low profile to matter that much, even though their online features are quite robust (especially Advance Wars, Blue Dragon Awakened Shadow, Phantasy Star Zero and lots of other Japan-only games)

P

pasc

So no more MPH or Starforce....

Atleast give us a MP game again...

Capcom cannot be counted on either way :(

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why dont we as a community elect someone of a group of people to host new servers for these games and either donate funds or computers/parts they need to keep things going.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Sad to see it gone, although every game I played online on Mario Kart Wii was filled with cheaters. I'll never forgot the one time I won against a guy who was constantly spamming blue shells. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo