Nintendo Labo Studio Event in New York City

Yesterday, Nintendo held a Labo event hands-on in New York City.

913556314.jpg

913556324.jpg

In this photo provided by Nintendo of America, kids enjoy making a Toy-Con Fishing Rod. The Toy-Con Fishing Rod is one of five different Toy-Con projects included in the Nintendo Labo Variety Kit, launching in stores on April 20. Nintendo Labo kits offer interactive build-and-play experiences designed to inspire creativity and discovery.

913556334.jpg

913556316.jpg

In this photo provided by Nintendo of America, a kid controls a giant, on-screen robot while wearing the Toy-Con Robot suit at an exclusive event in New York on Feb. 2, 2018. The Nintendo Labo Robot Kit launches in stores on April 20, and includes all the parts to build a DIY robot suit.

913556368.jpg

913556344.jpg

In this photo provided by Nintendo of America, kids enjoy playing tunes on a Toy-Con Piano. Toy-Con Piano is one of five different Toy-Con projects included in the Nintendo Labo Variety Kit.

913556336.jpg

In this photo provided by Nintendo of America, kids enjoy making a Toy-Con RC Car. Toy-Con RC Car is one of five different Toy-Con projects included in the Nintendo Labo Variety Kit.

913556330.jpg

In this photo provided by Nintendo of America, a kid controls a giant, on-screen robot while wearing the Toy-Con Robot suit at an exclusive event in New York on Feb. 2, 2018. The Nintendo Labo Robot Kit launches in stores on April 20, and includes all the parts to build a DIY robot suit. Nintendo Labo kits offer interactive build-and-play experiences designed to inspire creativity and discovery.

Are you excited for Nintendo Labo? Or is this just another expensive gimmick?
Let us know in the comments.

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox via Nintendo

Burlsol

Trophies
XP
Country
If NINTENDO won't offer spares, someone else will. There is business to be had.
Yes, but the big question is how good that business is and what it will cost. Nintendo won't be making their official stencils public, so what you would likely be getting are people who make measurements of the printed pieces themselves. In theory that would work, but then Nintendo slaps them with a Cease and Desist because those people are selling something that Nintendo owns the patents to. Unlike a 3rd party controller where companies can get away with selling a replacement, these things cannot be particularly different in shape or function without breaking the software interaction. Stuff like that robot backpack has alot of moving parts that have to be pretty exact. This means that 3rd parties would need to change the patterns slightly.

Then there is the cost of it. While the current $60-70 price tag for these is arguably mostly the software, printing cardboard sheets to exact specifications only ends up being cost effective when you are printing thousands of them. This is because the printing machines need a specific stamping sheet for that design. As the parts need to be pretty exact, the method of stamping or cutting the sheets also needs to be pretty exact. You would also want people who would want to buy something more durable than cardboard for all the effort put in and frequency that they might need to replace them.

jrobertdobson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually 35, and looking into buying this, for the kids ;). The cardboard is gonna be easy to replace, just trace... Seriously though, my dollar tree has foam board sheets, and that is gonna be used first, before the cardboard, pop out pieces, lay board down, razor blade. I also have a 3d printer, but no skill at design. This may be my second step into designing, since this is nothing more than like 4mm thick plates. I am not sure how N is gonna be able to do anything about some entity making "better" products. The big question is, has anyone found a copyright to the shapes?

Edit.. Now I see the other posts about the other possibilities... haven't been looking much...

Last edited by jrobertdobson,

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
the fishing one looks dope AF.

honestly i could easily see myself buying this.

this looks like a golden idea in all honesty.

I think there is room for innovation with this idea and if Nintendo can get creative, for a higher priced more adult version (no.. not that much of an adult version u perverts lol)..

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you excited for Nintendo Labo? Or is this just another expensive gimmick?
Let us know in the comments.

https://ehtrust.org/science/peer-reviewed-research-studies-on-wi-fi/
Bluetooth ( used on Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft consoles with no Airplane Mode to turn Bluetooth off and go 100% wired) has been proven to have negative health dangers. All the more when schools and games are bathed with 2.4 GHz wifi. I'm sure Nintendo has no comment.

Cardboard is not durable. At best, a flash in the pan to ruin the health of youngens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online