Nintendo launches Pokemon Sound Library, allowing content creators to use Diamond and Pearl OST in projects

dpdpdpdp.png

Nintendo is known for being fairly strict when it comes to its intellectual properties. However, they've launched a website that might make it easier for those to use music content from one of its franchises. The Pokemon Company has revealed the existence of the Pokemon DP Sound Library, which allows you to freely listen to any of the soundtrack or sound effects from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, or even use them in select cases without fear of copyright strikes. At least, so long as you follow their fairly restrictive rules. The full 149-track OST is available to use in non-commercial ways, such as using the songs at a non-commercial dance, play, and sporting event, or as background audio to a video.

Anything involving commercial use is a no-go, as is using the music in games or software. You also can't use the songs in videos that have a religious or political focus, or if it promotes or advertises a product. The full list of guidelines, as well as the music itself, is available on the Pokemon DP Sound Library website.

Pokémon DP Sound Library is a place to both listen and download the music and sound effects from the 2006 Nintendo DS™ games, Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version. Explore the world of incredible sounds for Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version, which serves as the roots for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, Pokémon Shining Pearl, and Pokémon Legends: Arceus games.

:arrow: Source

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And yet they won't provide legal avenues of obtaining most of their IPs, so yeah, it's a dick move. Nintendo of Japan's lawyers are litigious pricks. Wished people wouldn't blindly defend them.

No need to be a smartass.

it sucks...and I agree with them needing to do a better job of offering their legecy content.

but it is their job as the lawyers. not defending- I think it's bullcrap too.

Reactions: the_randomizer

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still amazed that YouTube still doesn't have a system for verifying if someone is the real copyright holder, the idea that anyone determined enough can just come along and basically harass someone into potentially shutting down their channel is appalling.
you should read my post above you good idea i had of a register database of IP holders and issue accounts to their legal teams and other dmca takedowns will be ignored and their IP addresses flagged (I mean dmca abuse is a felony as i wrote)

vaugerbird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should read my post above you good idea i had of a register database of IP holders and issue accounts to their legal teams and other dmca takedowns will be ignored and their IP addresses flagged (I mean dmca abuse is a felony as i wrote)

Honestly you have a great solution, but there would also need to be a really robust way of proving that the companies are the real owners of their ID. I just wish YouTube/Google would actually do something about some of their god-awful rules and simultaneous lack of rules on their platform, instead of focusing on things nobody has asked for.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly you have a great solution, but there would also need to be a really robust way of providing that the companies are the real owners of their ID. I just wish YouTube/Google would actually do something about some of their god-awful rules or lack of rules on their platform, instead of focusing on things nobody has asked for.
If Google's handling of YouTube as a platform has taught us anything, it's that, if anything requires more than an algorithm to enact or improve, they will never do it.

If it's not an instant and critical success, google will Axe it before it can garner any traction; Stadia is basically ticking on borrowed time at this point.

If it requires more than an unpaid intern's attention span, Google won't fix it.

Reactions: vaugerbird

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Haha
Reactions: 64bitmodels

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only comment with a brain here while the rest is like:
8d86feea471dbe073939db494ead537d.jpeg

People just have to express their unwanted (and uneducated) opinions everytime Nintendo/GF does anything, whether "good" or "bad".

Edit since I don't care about my amount of posts:

In English again please, I don't speak gibberish.

Such a role model.

Not my fucking problem.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess this kind of explains the GilvaSunner situation (though it doesn't make it feel less asinine, at least until they make everything they struck down available). And before the fanboys come to the rescue, I understand Nintendon't was within their legal rights.
Yeah, my money says that this is just the start. Nintendo is releasing official libraries for the music in their franchises, starting with Pokemon here. And as such they felt it necessary to take down unofficial uploads. Would certainly explain why only now they decided to go after such a channel, when they used to take down any video from any channel just playing a Nintendo game.

Reactions: vaugerbird

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed