Pokemon Presents February 27th - Pokemon Scarlet and Violet announced

Happy anniversary to Pokemon Red and Green--the Pokemon franchise turns 26 today, and Nintendo has some reveals to celebrate. Let's see what Pokemon fans can look forward to.

Starting March 1st, Alolan Pokemon will be coming to Pokemon Go.

Pokemon Masters EX is getting new content, with Victory Road trainers being able to team up with you once you win. There's special event trainers coming to the game as well, including May, Raihan, and Skyla. In addition, there are lots of gems to obtain for signing in.

Pokemon Cafe Remix adds deliveries. You can get new outfits. Victini is coming to the game soon. There's a special Bulbasaur, Piplup, and express delivery event going on.

Pokemon Unite shows off the content it is adding. There's quick battles, and Hoopa is the latest character added. You get to play Hoopa for free during this time. Duraludon will also be a new playable character coming later.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are getting an update that lets you claim Shaymin. You can redeem the Mystery Gift today, and have a month to use it.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus is next. It's getting a new free update in version 1.1.0 called Daybreak, which will be available later today. Dialga and Palkia are teased in a fight. The free update adds new trainer fights. Using the password Arceus Adventure will also get you a lot of Pokeballs.

A Pokemon anime about Hisui is in production, and will air later this year.

The final reveal shows the next generation of Pokemon games. We see old Pokemon in a brand new region, and it ends on the new starters.

OXaEB1I.png

Gen 9 is here. Pokemon Scarlet and Violet announced. Launches worldwide in late 2022. It will be an open world game, according to the Pokemon Twitter.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Was talking about the starters with a bud, mentioned me how the fire starter is based off a pepper, and had me this line of thought:
If that's correct, then gonna assume as it evolves, it gets more "spicier"? And afaik, the ghost pepper is the spiciest of them all, I think?
If that's the case, I'mma bet the last evo of the fire starter will be fire/ghost, hah

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. I wished it would be another remake of an older Gen. Gen 9 looks so rushed in my view. Dont know how to feel about it. Graphic looks worse than in PLA. It said that the game footage isnt final but I believe that its graphicaly the final work of it at least. I hope really it wont flop like other games in the past (cyberpunk, bf 2042..). They should be putzing more time in it and should thd players enjoing their pokemon games
Which remake were ya wanting specifically

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I skipped out on Gen 8, hopefully this will be promising enough for me to jump on.

Also weed cat is probably the only time I have ever considered getting a grass type starter in a pokemon game. (Gen 7 was a close second, since Rowlet was awesome).

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I skipped out on Gen 8, hopefully this will be promising enough for me to jump on.

Also weed cat is probably the only time I have ever considered getting a grass type starter in a pokemon game. (Gen 7 was a close second, since Rowlet was awesome).
Seriously, you should try gen viii
If you prefer traditionnal pokemon gameplay, i'd suggest pokemon SS over SM
SM were total failure imo
It's like they tried to make a reboot and failed
Pokemon SS are kinda back to their original gameplay and all (except for giant pokemon)

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why doe they forget blue? Didnt all three launch at the same time yet only red and green gets noticed.

Also, you'd have thought cloning breath of the shite and throwing pokemon into the mix was a shit idea, looks like theyre recycling the same idea again.

I get the idea of trying something new, but even the fans do the usual nintendo fanboyism error, admit your shit, boring, but hell your innovative for trying..... so this game is excellent.

Ive deleted my game data for arcaus and will give it a 3rd try.

I dont see the point in having random fucking pokemon floating aimlessly doing fuck all.

Cant just clone breath of the shit and replace link running aimlessly doing fuck all, with fucking pokemon.

Its had no thought at all, pokemon should act like what the main purpose of the game was, wild animals that you train.

Or, is it another subliminal message that its promoting the use of using animals for illegal fights to profit off?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why doe they forget blue? Didnt all three launch at the same time yet only red and green gets noticed.
Because its the 26th anniversary since Red/Green came out which was in feb 1996

Red and blue came out september 1998 for international

also you tend to shitpost so people dont take him seriously

btw which starter you guys want

Grass Kitteh
Fire Dino
Duck Occupying Ukraine

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wouldn't pick the water starter (I'll pick the dino would get my agression out for beating the Trump duck up or grass if they continue the trend of your rival being a total noob for picking the starter weaker than you like Hau/Hop did)

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If they didn't outsource BDSP to Ilca, gamefreak would've had to work on 3 pokemon games at the same time.
If there ever has been a blatant sign explaining the current pokemon game mediocrity here you have it. Gamefreak is spread thin working on miltiple games at the same time. They can't focus on one single game and make it good, they gotta work on Lets Go & SwSh and when lets go gets finished, SwSh and PLA, and when SwSh gets finished PLA & SV.
Not even Call of Duty game devs get this treatment and the franchise has yearly releases.
The Pokemon Company can seriously shove it. This game will be just as shallow & unfinished as SwSh, not because Gamefreak necessarily lacks talent, they just lack time so they focus on the bare minimum.
Good Bye National Dex
Good Bye optional content
Good Bye any difficulty curve at all
Enjoy your Fast Food Pokemon game. This time with a espanol flavored sauce.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't been looking forward to a Pokémon game in years; it's always been a case of "what will they remove this time?", instead of "what will they add on top of the fantastic structure they've constructed?", like it used to be before the 3DS.

Gen I was the very basics; Gen II added two new types, held items, and one hundred new species, along with a bunch of new moves. Gen III overhauled the data structure, and in doing so introduced abilities, along with 135 new species and new moves, new held items; Emerald also had the first Battle Frontier. Gen IV brought in the physical/special split, and 107 new species and stuff, and also had a much better Battle Frontier. Gen V - hidden abilities and 156 new species, along with EXP and money boosts through Pass Power and Challenge Mode, PWT, Black Tower/White Treehollow and even PokéStar Studios.

Heck, FireRed/LeafGreen and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum all had the VS Seeker, for rather quick Trainer remtaches. Sadly no other games in the series had this awesome feature.

Gen VI...ugh. While it did bring in Fairy and Mega Evolution, and the PSS and the Exp. Share key item toggle, it also removed almost everything Gen V brought in, in terms of extra postgame and side content. It also had no Battle Frontier, weakened Steel and special moves, and had two much less interesting regions. Gen VII relegated Mega Evolution to the post game, got rid of the PSS, nerfed Gale Wings to the ground, and removed the National Dex listing.
Gen VIII was the epitome of "what will they remove this time?", since it was the first time not all older Pokémon were coded in, not all moves could be used, not all held items could be used (I miss you, Flying Gem), and the previous two advancements/gimmicks (Mega Evolution and Z-Moves) were fully removed.

So I have to worry about what will be gone this time, that really shouldn't have been left behind.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I haven't been looking forward to a Pokémon game in years; it's always been a case of "what will they remove this time?", instead of "what will they add on top of the fantastic structure they've constructed?", like it used to be before the 3DS.

Gen I was the very basics; Gen II added two new types, held items, and one hundred new species, along with a bunch of new moves. Gen III overhauled the data structure, and in doing so introduced abilities, along with 135 new species and new moves, new held items; Emerald also had the first Battle Frontier. Gen IV brought in the physical/special split, and 107 new species and stuff, and also had a much better Battle Frontier. Gen V - hidden abilities and 156 new species, along with EXP and money boosts through Pass Power and Challenge Mode, PWT, Black Tower/White Treehollow and even PokéStar Studios.

Heck, FireRed/LeafGreen and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum all had the VS Seeker, for rather quick Trainer remtaches. Sadly no other games in the series had this awesome feature.

Gen VI...ugh. While it did bring in Fairy and Mega Evolution, and the PSS and the Exp. Share key item toggle, it also removed almost everything Gen V brought in, in terms of extra postgame and side content. It also had no Battle Frontier, weakened Steel and special moves, and had two much less interesting regions. Gen VII relegated Mega Evolution to the post game, got rid of the PSS, nerfed Gale Wings to the ground, and removed the National Dex listing.
Gen VIII was the epitome of "what will they remove this time?", since it was the first time not all older Pokémon were coded in, not all moves could be used, not all held items could be used (I miss you, Flying Gem), and the previous two advancements/gimmicks (Mega Evolution and Z-Moves) were fully removed.

So I have to worry about what will be gone this time, that really shouldn't have been left behind.
Are you not excited to not see Gigantamamax again? wtf.
Imagine being a overworked programmer at gamefreak spending all this time on unique Gigantamamax models just so they go to waste and not even be used 1 game later. Riveting.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Also, you'd have thought cloning breath of the shite and throwing pokemon into the mix was a shit idea, looks like theyre recycling the same idea again.

I get the idea of trying something new, but even the fans do the usual nintendo fanboyism error, admit your shit, boring, but hell your innovative for trying..... so this game is excellent.

Ive deleted my game data for arcaus and will give it a 3rd try.

I dont see the point in having random fucking pokemon floating aimlessly doing fuck all.

Cant just clone breath of the shit and replace link running aimlessly doing fuck all, with fucking pokemon.

Its had no thought at all, pokemon should act like what the main purpose of the game was, wild animals that you train.

Or, is it another subliminal message that its promoting the use of using animals for illegal fights to profit off?
wtf are you on? :O

Facky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well in my eyes, if there werne't so much soyboys spending billions on nintendo nostalgia machine, then yeah, failures. I ma a vivid pokemon fan, but literally after the hgss i lost interest, bw were fun tbqh, i tried x and y, didn't get my interest either. Keep in mind i never grew up with pokemon.
You're a parody of gamers

Reactions: YuseiFD

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf are you on? :O
Sup snowflake?

Don't like someone pointing out what is a shit game?

As said, I deleted save, tried yet again and boom, lost interest.

Maybe this is a trail run to cloning pokemon into breath of the shite as it seems they already have in line its next recycled pokemon maybe this time they take the shit parts out of arcaus and fix it in its next one.

Sounds familiar having the previous shit pokemon games, lets go...... fuck yourself, then what was it next shield and sword..... fuck me.

Now arcaus, if you are lucky to get past the mind numbingly boring...... I want to slit my wrists, first half of the game and the fact it sounds exactly like a breath of the shite clone.....
Maybe then you can somehow see it as a bullshit innovative game.....

Or just another typical shitendo title that its fans blindly love and defend.

And yes the endless revisions of the switch console has sold shit loads of units, nintendo usually do well selling units, but the switch has definitely fell short of their better support bs lie yet again.

And its been the worse nintendont console regarding better games, even nintendont have given up providing something new.

Hey ho, yet again maybe when they have to announce its new last gen revamp console to keep up with the new consoles, we may again get to play all the old titles we missed first time round.

I guess this will be once nintendont run out of wii u titles they can port over and third parties have ran out of ps3/360 titles they can port over.

But watch them again release inferior hardware so its cheap for them and in return prints money, so that when they promise better support, what they really mean is we restrict devs from releasing its new titles so that the market is left open and our recycled titles have better chance of selling with less competition.

And again we will see devs limited to porting over its old titles onto the new nintendont console.

As a gamer and collector you can clearly see the nintendont section get smaller and smaller, hell the same applies in game stores too.

I think I own less than 10 nintendo switch titles and and 3 maybe more are old ports from 2 generations ago that I already own.

The only reason I have them is because the I got the mrs a switch and she wanted to play them while in hospital.

Years later, not even been touched since, its even rare I actually sit down and play the switch and thats with a modded switch with unlimited access to free games.

I simply see no point in playing the same games I already own and very little if nothing has made me sit and actually want to play to the end.

Zelda breath of the shite was so boring I ended the game after a week or so and found it piss funny how easy gannon was yet normal enemies will wipe the floor with you.

Mario was again the same old recycled shit, only difference been you dont need to enter/exit a level everytime you collect a star.

Tho I did play this more due to been in hospital with cancer, I got bored of it and completed it without having to fight all the boring repetitive bosses.

The resident evil titles held a little amusement for a while making cheat codes but again it was another been there and done that countless times on consoles before it.

Pokemon diamond actually was a title I played a little more of, I liked its revamp style using the same design as links awakening remake, but kept playing that to keep making cheat codes and now don't bother because the cheat apps we have cant handle or display anymore cheat codes, having finding the address to have any pokemon you want - as it for some reason has all the previous pokemon locked out of the game.

So I assume like fire red/green it was based off the same game as the gba pearl/diamond and had those pokemon in the game, but locked out.

Pretty much how nintendo take advantage of its sheep fans, release a pokemon game, but make multiple versions by intentionally locking out certain pokemin just so they can release multiple versions and its devoted fanboys and girls will blindly rush out and buy the same game again just for the sake of been able to catch all the pokemon.

I know I have said this before since the cube, but I have 0 interest in buying any new console from nintendont, simply refuse to pay for a new console to play shit I already own, or as the deluded fanboys and girls make excuses to defend.

Even if I didn't get chance to play these games the first time round when they were released, its either because it had 0 interest back then, so won't now, or I could buy said game for next to nothing on the consoles I already own, or even if I didn't own said console, I could buy it for far less without having to pay shit loads for nintendonts new cheap as inferior/last gen revamp console.

But as a gamer and collector I already own every console released to date, nintendo can clearly see a massive decline in games worthy paying full price for again.

Now I bet this upsets the snowflake fanboys and girls, shhhh please don't cry, go back to your switch and play all these lovely old recycled ports from 2 console generations ago.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sup snowflake?

Maybe this is a trail run to cloning pokemon into breath of the shite as it seems they already have in line its next recycled pokemon maybe this time they take the shit parts out of arcaus and fix it in its next one.

Sounds familiar having the previous shit pokemon games, lets go...... fuck yourself, then what was it next shield and sword..... fuck me.

Now arcaus, if you are lucky to get past the mind numbingly boring...... I want to slit my wrists, first half of the game and the fact it sounds exactly like a breath of the shite clone.....

And yes the endless revisions of the switch console has sold shit loads of units, nintendo usually do well selling units, but the switch has definitely fell short of their better support bs lie yet again.

And its been the worse nintendont console regarding better games, even nintendont have given up providing something new.

Hey ho, yet again maybe when they have to announce its new last gen revamp console to keep up with the new consoles, we may again get to play all the old titles we missed first time round.

I guess this will be once nintendont run out of wii u titles they can port over and third parties have ran out of ps3/360 titles they can port over.

But watch them again release inferior hardware so its cheap for them and in return prints money, so that when they promise better support, what they really mean is we restrict devs from releasing its new titles so that the market is left open and our recycled titles have better chance of selling with less competition.

And again we will see devs limited to porting over its old titles onto the new nintendont console.

As a gamer and collector you can clearly see the nintendont section get smaller and smaller, hell the same applies in game stores too.

I think I own less than 10 nintendo switch titles and and 3 maybe more are old ports from 2 generations ago that I already own.

The only reason I have them is because the I got the mrs a switch and she wanted to play them while in hospital.

Years later, not even been touched since, its even rare I actually sit down and play the switch and thats with a modded switch with unlimited access to free games.

I simply see no point in playing the same games I already own and very little if nothing has made me sit and actually want to play to the end.

Zelda breath of the shite was so boring I ended the game after a week or so and found it piss funny how easy gannon was yet normal enemies will wipe the floor with you.

Mario was again the same old recycled shit, only difference been you dont need to enter/exit a level everytime you collect a star.

Tho I did play this more due to been in hospital with cancer, I got bored of it and completed it without having to fight all the boring repetitive bosses.

The resident evil titles held a little amusement for a while making cheat codes but again it was another been there and done that countless times on consoles before it.

Pokemon diamond actually was a title I played a little more of, I liked its revamp style using the same design as links awakening remake, but kept playing that to keep making cheat codes and now don't bother because the cheat apps we have cant handle or display anymore cheat codes, having finding the address to have any pokemon you want - as it for some reason has all the previous pokemon locked out of the game.

So I assume like fire red/green it was based off the same game as the gba pearl/diamond and had those pokemon in the game, but locked out.

Pretty much how nintendo take advantage of its sheep fans, release a pokemon game, but make multiple versions by intentionally locking out certain pokemin just so they can release multiple versions and its devoted fanboys and girls will blindly rush out and buy the same game again just for the sake of been able to catch all the pokemon.

I know I have said this before since the cube, but I have 0 interest in buying any new console from nintendont, simply refuse to pay for a new console to play shit I already own, or as the deluded fanboys and girls make excuses to defend.

Even if I didn't get chance to play these games the first time round when they were released, its either because it had 0 interest back then, so won't now, or I could buy said game for next to nothing on the consoles I already own, or even if I didn't own said console, I could buy it for far less without having to pay shit loads for nintendonts new cheap as inferior/last gen revamp console.

But as a gamer and collector I already own every console released to date, nintendo can clearly see a massive decline in games worthy paying full price for again.

Now I bet this upsets the snowflake fanboys and girls, shhhh please don't cry, go back to your switch and play all these lovely old recycled ports from 2 console generations ago.
Tl;dr

But... Wtf are you on?

Reactions: Justerino

langston

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup snowflake?

Calm down my man it's a game lol.

Reactions: Noctosphere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel